BLChest - Again in TLShores

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Alur.7510

Alur.7510

Information Here:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/november-2012/#the-lost-shores

They are going to be inside of Chest or a bundle to purcharse? Thanks! cause is not clear!

If it is chest, I will be highly disappointed as well with a vast majority of people since gambling was not well recieved and you got insane amounts of feedback about it.

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

If you don’t want to gamble, don’t buy a million chests.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

Smart people know it’s not worth it so whatever.

Alur.7510

How much money they will make putting items into bundles and not chest gambling? I think way more, it was really not welcome, and I’m not talking about myself only, for a vast majority.

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

They obviously don’t want everyone to have every item, it’s even more pointless to have something everyone else has :p

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: drifter.8453

drifter.8453

I find the locked chest is a poor way of saying. We want the game to be free to play, and not a sub, but we will just dramaticly increase the locked chest drops so players will buy the keys at the gem store. Giving us money to release content.

I think they should just drop the gem store, and locked chest altogeather, and just make it a sub to play. So many times I would down a pretty hard boss, and expect something from the loot besides vendor trash, and it is a “Blank” locked chest.

Skip the middleman, Remove the Gem store, and add better loot to harder NPC’s.

Alur.7510

emikochan.8504 I agree with you on that :P <3

Posted by: Minsue.4297

Minsue.4297

i dunno it said that there will be mini’s i assume probably a pack for them like on halloween and skins i would hope they would sell as a bundle or seperetly and maybe add a chance to get them from black lion chests aswell

All will know my pain……

Posted by: BAMFZILLA.1850

BAMFZILLA.1850

You don’t want to gamble, don’t buy the chests. It’s that simple. I don’t want to gamble so I’m not going to buy the chests.

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Better stock up on chests now as their price will probably go up 10x, like last time.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Minsue.4297

lol anyways if it is from chests likely be able to sell the skins anyways so just save your gold and buy them that way rather waste 15-30g then 50-300 bucks irl

All will know my pain……

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

Well, considering that people know that gambling is bad now, I don’t think the prices will jump as much as they did for Halloween. Though ANet could have taken the feedback to heart and made the drop rate for the items more forgiving. It’s still up in the air though.

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

LOL, chests again?

I guess they made a lot op money form keys on Halloween.
Data points don’t represent reality Anet. I will never buy keys again. :p

(edited by Tower Guard.5263)

Posted by: Sahfur.5612

Sahfur.5612

Please don’t support it. If we don’t support it they will get a clue and stop using it to highway rob us and instead offer direct to purchase skins like they should have for the halloween event.

Edit:
I would like to add that its good for every single one of us players to not support the chests as a way of stating we want direct purchase methods for all of this.
The only one who would want it in the chest instead of direct purchase is ANet and I think they have other more legitimate methods they have to obtain money by direct purchase minipets and skins. No gambling.

Please, I implore you to not feed them money through these means. Maybe feed them money in other ways but do not buy keys because they will take it as a positive reinforcement of their actions and we need to communicate to them that it will not work again like last time.

It would be fantastic if we could simply ask them for direct purchase versions of the gambling items but the fact is.. they aren’t open to it. They make more money by scamming us with the gambling fiasco. Support direct purchase, don’t gamble.

Thank you. Hopefully with enough feedback that we don’t like skins as random gambling drops from chests, they will add the stuff to the trading post for a direct fee. They will do better business this way in the long run anyway in my opinion.

Plants, As far as I know are still, still bending toward
the light! And if we dance, until the heart explodes,
It’ll make this place ignite!

(edited by Sahfur.5612)

Posted by: biggs.4702

biggs.4702

Unless keys give better rewards and cost less I’ll never buy them. I buy sure things. I’m not alone. The chest/key RNG scenario from the Halloween event? I really hope that will not repeat for the Lost Shores.

The obstacle is the path.

Posted by: zaxziakohl.5243

zaxziakohl.5243

I bought over 100 keys during the event (only spent 20 USD rest was in game gold)

I got 1 skin. I KNEW what I was getting into. It is a chance/gamble/however you want to phrase it. Honestly, I probably wouldn’t buy anything including skins if it were direct purchase.

For me it’s the omg I got something rare that I can sell, not the omg I got the skin I’m after….

No RNG would mean no money from us that like to gamble a bit, and lets be honest, who is going to spend more money, gamblers, or non-gamblers? I think gamblers by definition spend more…

Posted by: Sahfur.5612

Sahfur.5612

Yet possibly 10 to 20 more people would fork over 10 dollars for a weapon skin which means the one gambler probably doesn’t offset the price of the dozens of people who wouldn’t gamble but would buy directly, also that purchase was with gold and direct purchase tends to get more gem purchases done. In other words, welcome to the world of micro transactions. Thats how it works where I work, and its the reason we are able to do better business than places that have prices 20 times as high as ours. Especially when theres no cost to create new items, it becomes lucrative to get the increases number of sales, not the increased price on sales.

Plants, As far as I know are still, still bending toward
the light! And if we dance, until the heart explodes,
It’ll make this place ignite!

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I was just gonna make a thread about this. Saw the kitten chest next to the BLTC section on the Lost Shore page. First time I read it I was kinda happy about it, then saw the kitten chest picture next to the listing. Am fine with new mini’s (as long as they’re like the Halloween ones- different set, and not random), and will probably wind up buying them. But I will definitely not be buying chests to get either mini’s or the weapon skins. I hope it will be actual shop item (non RNG), like the costumes, which is what I first thought when I read it.

They could do it both ways, have the skins at a set price (not too expensive, definitely less then the costume set prices) and still have them in the chests for those that would rather gamble to get them.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

If they sell the skins outright, there is a good chance I will pick them up. I won’t be buying keys though, unless they up the drop rate to like 1 in 4 or something reasonable.

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

I’m going to hope that they’ve learned from the PR catastrophe that occurred last time (in which they even added “Mad King’s Chests” to the Mystic Forge to offset people’s losses).

If they haven’t, then people just won’t buy keys.

If they have and they’ve upped the drop rates, then I’m sure we’ll find out fairly soon after (by people posting on the forums “Look at my new skin!”) and it might be worth spending a few bucks to get some skins.

Posted by: daicon.2476

daicon.2476

Man this game exists only to milk its fans with constant “limited edition” cash shop good.

Posted by: krookie.6378

krookie.6378

After the way they handled the drop rates in Halloween BLT chests, I wouldn’t even think about purchasing keys.

Posted by: Guitarzero.8316

Guitarzero.8316

I’m running story mode on all my toons and stocking up on the keys from the rewards lol

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

You’re a fool if you bother to buy keys after the Halloween skin setup. The Lost Shores stuff will probably have the same type of (astronomically low) drop rate as the Halloween skins did.

Posted by: TheUnNamedHero.4167

TheUnNamedHero.4167

Get used to it. BLC keys are Anet’s primary money makers. Every major event WILL include them in some way which is actually pretty good for people who like to make gold.

2012 Halloween Tower Champion
The Lost Shores should have stayed lost.

Posted by: TheUnNamedHero.4167

TheUnNamedHero.4167

You’re a fool if you bother to buy keys after the Halloween skin setup. The Lost Shores stuff will probably have the same type of (astronomically low) drop rate as the Halloween skins did.

Yeah, cause it’s not like Anet immediately noticed the outcry over the drop rates, and implemented a quick fix to address it. They’re clearly going to make the same mistake that they learned from already.

2012 Halloween Tower Champion
The Lost Shores should have stayed lost.

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

Yeah, cause it’s not like Anet immediately noticed the outcry over the drop rates, and implemented a quick fix to address it. They’re clearly going to make the same mistake that they learned from already.

The Mad King Chests (giving you another chance or two at the same crappy (slightly less) low drop rate) are not my idea of “learning from their mistake”, but okay. I guess we’ll see.

I hope you are right.

Posted by: Humposaurus.5764

Humposaurus.5764

I wonder if they’ll add the ascended gear to the chests with a high drop rate to stimulate purchase of BL keys.

Would be funny if the dungeon drops would be like 0,00001% and the same kitten drops from the chest with like 50% :P

skullmount.1758

The Mad King Chests (giving you another chance or two at the same crappy (slightly less) low drop rate) are not my idea of “learning from their mistake”, but okay. I guess we’ll see.

I hope you are right.

This. They weren’t a fix. They were just to try to appease some of us. It didn’t help those of us who deleted the tonics, since they didn’t have a use at the time. Its probably going to a be a repeat of the Halloween incident (gonna add a karkan chest or something, with a requirement of whatever the new resource is), though I really hope its not and they actually learned from the Halloween one.

Darkhaven server

Posted by: karma.8763

karma.8763

I find the locked chest is a poor way of saying. We want the game to be free to play, and not a sub, but we will just dramaticly increase the locked chest drops so players will buy the keys at the gem store. Giving us money to release content.

I think they should just drop the gem store, and locked chest altogeather, and just make it a sub to play. So many times I would down a pretty hard boss, and expect something from the loot besides vendor trash, and it is a “Blank” locked chest.

Skip the middleman, Remove the Gem store, and add better loot to harder NPC’s.

This patch they are already putting better loot into dungeon chests.

Minsue.4297

and again the stuff is cosmetic and i imagine whatever comes out of the chests if anything will likely be able to be sold

All will know my pain……

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. The last time the BLC was “well stocked” for an event, it meant weapon skins with a less than 1% drop rate and…all the same crap that’s usually in it.

Sure, the MKC was added later, and I appreciate the gesture. People bought keys to open chests “well stocked” for the holiday, and they ended up with holiday stuff from a chest after all was said and done. Just after a lot of kicking a screaming and making people very very angry.

I have no problem at all buying special edition/holiday/event stuff from the cash-shop. But — I wont buy any more skins until we get some sort of dedicated storage or costume maker, and I kitten sure will never buy another chest key.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Minsue.4297

i have to agree though the gambling was a bit over the top…all that real life money spent and for what a stupid skin now thats going for like a quarter of the original cost on the tp…

All will know my pain……

Minsue.4297

i mean aside the shield greatsword and scythe all the skins hit like 3 or less gold now

All will know my pain……

biggs.4702

I bought over 100 keys during the event (only spent 20 USD rest was in game gold)

I got 1 skin. I KNEW what I was getting into. It is a chance/gamble/however you want to phrase it. Honestly, I probably wouldn’t buy anything including skins if it were direct purchase.

For me it’s the omg I got something rare that I can sell, not the omg I got the skin I’m after….

No RNG would mean no money from us that like to gamble a bit, and lets be honest, who is going to spend more money, gamblers, or non-gamblers? I think gamblers by definition spend more…

I am the exact opposite of this.

It’s my hope that ArenaNet has enough to offer both kinds of players.

Posted by: Marrgon.6852

Marrgon.6852

Bring on the chests, they are fun!

biggs.4702

I see a few people in this thread talking about ArenaNet “learning their lesson” from the chest keys.

I’m not so sure the lesson they learned is the one these folks are wishing for. There was backlash, yes, but if that backlash wasn’t louder than the sound of the cash register ringing and people still play the game…

Guess what the “lesson” really is?

Minsue.4297

be nice if they give you an option to buy the skin straight out lets say like 20 bucks or gamble

All will know my pain……

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I learned my lesson last time. I spend $20 on keys and got crap. Now they are on the TP for <2g each. I’ll just wait and buy them if they are nice looking.

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

I watched people throw money away at lockboxes in Star Trek Online and laughed. I must admit to getting a little amusement out of people doing it here for Halloween.

Kudos to the lucky "winners", of course, but boxes are not a way I’ll ever support the company.

Posted by: dirtyklingon.2918

dirtyklingon.2918

they sold us a “new model” of b2p with respectful cash shop.

they gave us the average abusive PWE cash shop based on exploiting gambling addiction for profit instead, just with a $60 entry fee.

isn’t it great that the company that sold itself as being different, of setting the expectations that players deserve respect, has followed the model of what is considered one of the most abusive f2p companies in the industry?

who doesn’t love wow clones?

Minsue.4297

well they did make the things from the chests the skins i mean able to be sold now there being sold for super low gold prices i a lvl 40 could even afford the greatsword one now if i was willing to save up of course i keep buying dyes though..

All will know my pain……

Posted by: zippo burntfur.9307

zippo burntfur.9307

Screw the chest’s i’ll get the mini’s though.

“We don’t need to make gear treadmills”
Colin Johanson on how arenanet measures success

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

I won’t be buying any keys but if we get a cool mini pack or costumes I will get in.

[SFD] – Maguuma

skullmount.1758

and again the stuff is cosmetic and i imagine whatever comes out of the chests if anything will likely be able to be sold

Except look at the cost and number available on the trading post. Most are unreachable to most of us right now, since we can’t accumulate that kind of wealth this quickly. Sure we can buy it eventually, but that doesn’t help right now, when/once the event is up.
Sure there will always be some people who have to gamble, but I doubt most of us will do it (again at least), unless the drop rate is extremely high.

Darkhaven server

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

The only way ANet will truly learn a lesson about drop rates is if we speak with our cash. I didn’t buy any keys last time, because I waited to read the forums first.

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

If keys will drop more often than 1 in 20000 kills or more, I wouldn’t care to gamble. I’ll be using gems for other things, like bank tabs and extra bags and characters. My 89 chests need a key… like a lonely man needs a woman.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yumiko, follow my example and just sell your stash of BLC’s once the price hits a reasonable level.

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

Eww, more exclusive stuff I’ll never have.

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

I had to laugh when I first saw they were doing this before the halloween event.

Sure scummy f2p MMO’s do them, but they were 100% free. I payed $60+ bucks for this game. Just give us good quality skins and fluff and we’ll buy them, it’s really that simple. If they truly did this to have the items be “rare” then they should only be attainable in game through something like a dungeon or w/e, not on the cash shop.

Unfortunately even if alot of people have learned their lesson and don’t buy into it this time around there are still stupid rich people that will spend stupid amounts of money on these things, there are people that do that in all the past F2P mmo’s i’ve played, I’m talking thousands.

And while I don’t normally mind this, as it basically gets these super rich people to blow their money on a game to support the developer, it’s making these cool skins completely exclusive to them which isn’t very fair.

Buy this new super awesome mega epic legendary sword for only 10,000 Gems! As a reward to only the super rich that support our game! You other lowly peasants can enjoy this hat you can wear in town.