BLK Miniature Snow Owl Account Bound?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bjenkins.6538

Bjenkins.6538

Q:

I treasure the BL keys when I am able to get them, but now I have 3 extra Snow Owl’s which are account bound and I am not sure if it’s a bug being account bound or if this is actual.
If so I think it’s very unfair that I have to destroy something that I have paid for with actual cash for gems. They cannot be given away, nor sold at the TP, or even put in the fountain. Any suggestions or answers would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Posted by: Tyloric.7520

Tyloric.7520

Everything from chests and the gem store I believe is account bound. It’s too stop inflation in the market and to keep buying gems a necessity, whether with money or in game gold.

Casteless Wind [Guild Wars 2]
The Secksy Monk [Guild Wars 1]
Stormbluff Isle – Storm Slayer Dragons [SDS]

Bjenkins.6538

In all the mini’s I have ever received in a chest, I was able to give away, sell or put it in the fountain, even the dye packs which are account bound, once opened they are tradable?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Most minis from BL chests have been tradeable. A few have not been.

It’s not “unfair” — you just got drops that were worthless for you. There are many drops from the chests that others consider to be a waste. For example, I have absolutely no use for the Trading Post Express; to me, it’s just as worthless.

On the other hand, I agree with the spirit of your post: ANet should not include account-bound minis in the drop table.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

+100, since a majority of items are trade-able from the chest please convert these over or please do not add anymore that are not. Likewise sitting on a good number of these hoping they will change one day versus just destroying them. I know others that would like them, allow people to trade them.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

They put those SAB mini pets in there and of course those weren’t tradable or forgeable and of course I only got one and of course that one was one I already have. I ended up deleting it. I have no idea why they make these minis account bound when the other minis are not.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Bjenkins.6538

I try my very best to support this game by buying gems, in the last month my husband and I have spent over $200 on Gems, we have both bought the HoT expansion, another $200 and last night I got my 5th snow owl, so another reply back to support in which I still haven’t seen a reply, I won’t be buying no keys and if I get a drop for a key I will try and open with another one of my 13 characters, has anyone seen a difference between opening items on a particular character?

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

The birds and the SAB things were originally sold on the gem store directly, and were always account-bound. All the other ones that drop from the chest work as normal.

Posted by: Law Sayer.8613

Law Sayer.8613

I have 3 of these now also….gems for keys …..I’d certainly like to be able to throw them in the forge if only for a random return…..at least something for those gems for keys maybe a GM could comment on these issues of unusable items that are slowly filling my Bank

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It won’t make any difference which character you use to open the chests.

I agree that ANet needs to limit the number of non-buff, non-service items that drop from the chests. It’s okay for a mini egg or dye pack to be bound, not for a dye or a mini to be bound, since those are likely to end up being duplicates especially for frequently flyers.

In the meantime, voting with your wallet is indeed the best idea (as well as letting ANet politely know why your purchasing habits are changing, as you did in this post).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

It won’t make any difference which character you use to open the chests.

I agree that ANet needs to limit the number of non-buff, non-service items that drop from the chests. It’s okay for a mini egg or dye pack to be bound, not for a dye or a mini to be bound, since those are likely to end up being duplicates especially for frequently flyers.

In the meantime, voting with your wallet is indeed the best idea (as well as letting ANet politely know why your purchasing habits are changing, as you did in this post).

This. ANet needs to let us throw these account bound minis in the Mystic Forge for at least chance at something else. Sadly the majority of what comes out of these chests is useless so adding some account bound even further useless items that you can do nothing with other than destroy just adds more insult to these chests. I have gotten the odd valuable item opening them but the ratio to the stuff I don’t want or consider junk is way higher than the items of value and makes it not worth it to me to even try to open any more. Voting with my wallet on this one.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I think the best fix would be to make these minis tradable (and make it possible to combine them in the Forge).

The only reason they’re account bound is because they were originally sold directly through the gem store. It sort of made sense then (although personally I think all minis should be tradable) because there was no way to accidentally end up with useless extras, or to spend money and be unable to get them.

But now they’re in the black lion chests they should work like other black lion chest minis.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Everything from chests and the gem store I believe is account bound. It’s too stop inflation in the market and to keep buying gems a necessity, whether with money or in game gold.

Actually. No.

What’s account bound is the consumables, like revive orbs, transmutation stones and weapon tickets.

Most other things are tradeable, all like finishers, mail carriers, most miniatures, mist champion skins, and the weapon skins you get indirectly with tickets.

I also have an extra owl sitting next to my countless Queen Jennahs. And by Grenth I’m not destroying them.

The Owls obtained from BLChests should be tradable. And the Jennahs should have some other use, even if it’s just exchanging extras for birthday boosters or something like that.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!