BLTC Idea - Extra Guild Slots

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nuclear Herring.9431

Nuclear Herring.9431

So, as the title suggests – I would happily spend gems on additional Guild slots over and above the original 5.

With my bank guild, my RL friends and family guild, my WvW guild, my PvX guild and my Raiding guild – I’m maxed out. Which is a shame as there are other guilds I would like to join for other purposes.

Having additional guild slot to give me the flexibility to help others with missions, small guilds get their guild hall, Raid training, different timezone etc etc.

What do other people think of this idea?

Posted by: SirPuddlesworth.6783

SirPuddlesworth.6783

:O YES, This would be so kitten useful, above and beyond for such occurrence im in just now, I’m in 5 really nice guilds, [cmaj] (music guild) [sin] (wvw guild) [ólta] (pve guild of my gf) [Kogs] (my own guild) and [gsd] (raiding guild)

Would love to be able to join more, like rng for instance who host a lot of pve events, triple trouble, and since I recently swapped servers from ring of fire to seafarer’s rest, I need a new wvw guild, but can’t leave my old one behind incase I return to RoF.

Anet please add this, it’s easy enough added, just think of it as an extra inventory unlocker but for social stuff!

Basically, yes please!!

Posted by: Tornupto.2304

Tornupto.2304

Anet please add this, it’s easy enough added

As long as you don’t know the code of this game you cannot really say what is easy to implement and what is not. It could be easy if its implemented as a list or something, but if they hardcoded it in some strange ways… who knows…

But i like the idea of more guildslots. Many times you want to join a guild for whatever reason (organising raidgroups, pve events, wvw, rp, guildmissions and whatever reasons may exist) but can’t do that because you already have 5 guilds and don’t want to leave one of them (for many different reasons, see above).

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

+1
I would pay the usual 800 gems to add guild slots.

(However, I’m almost certain it wouldn’t be ‘easy’ to design, let alone implement. One-size fits all is always ‘cheaper’, for starters.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

SirPuddlesworth.6783

Anet please add this, it’s easy enough added

As long as you don’t know the code of this game you cannot really say what is easy to implement and what is not. It could be easy if its implemented as a list or something, but if they hardcoded it in some strange ways… who knows…

But i like the idea of more guildslots. Many times you want to join a guild for whatever reason (organising raidgroups, pve events, wvw, rp, guildmissions and whatever reasons may exist) but can’t do that because you already have 5 guilds and don’t want to leave one of them (for many different reasons, see above).

Same idea as legacy were adding purchasable inventory slots, though just on an account wide scale, as it’s something that will make additions to the account, they already have the technology to make those additions to the account, they’d just have to fiddle around a bit in order to have it behind a purchase wall, one wall of which I’d be happy to buy through :O

Posted by: Tornupto.2304

Tornupto.2304

Its not always that simple. The list of guilds and the inventory could have been developed independent and therefor differ in structure and implementation. Just because something works in one implementation it doesn’t need to work in others.

But i still hope that it is possible and not too hard to implement.

SirPuddlesworth.6783

Its not always that simple. The list of guilds and the inventory could have been developed independent and therefor differ in structure and implementation. Just because something works in one implementation it doesn’t need to work in others.

But i still hope that it is possible and not too hard to implement.

saying that, very true, this could be the case, they should still be in hold of the technology in order to do so, I would love to see this implemented, I think we as a community should really try to push for this as it’s a huuuuge convenience in my opinion.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

This is one of those things that would be extremely easy for ANet to check how many people it would affect in a best case scenario…