Wyvern spawn on Flax Garden

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: RUB RUB RUB RUBZ.9136

RUB RUB RUB RUBZ.9136

Ok, after getting killed here for the thousandth + time on “THE GREAT TREE FLAX GARDEN”, Im done. I’m seriously sick of this BS, full ascended armor and weps, and still getting ganked by 5-7 wyverns at the same time from thin air, all attacking me at the same time. I farm this daily, on every character, and theres no reason why I should be getting rekt by these “Adolescent” Wyverns. This spawn of wyverns is the most F-T up thing I have ever seen. You can sense my frustration I’m sure in my message, and I’m not the only person who farms this daily whos sick of this wyvern spawn. The event should not be in the middle of a kitten garden. EVER!

I’m sure theres going to be people who say, your builds suck, well no they dont actually. Hard to defend from 7-8 full zerker wyverns all at the same time when they spawn from no where, all around you, and instead of just 1 attacking, its the entire Fing group.

Attachments:

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Ok, after getting killed here for the thousandth + time on “THE GREAT TREE FLAX GARDEN”, Im done. I’m seriously sick of this BS, full ascended armor and weps, and still getting ganked by 5-7 wyverns at the same time from thin air, all attacking me at the same time. I farm this daily, on every character, and theres no reason why I should be getting rekt by these “Adolescent” Wyverns. This spawn of wyverns is the most F-T up thing I have ever seen. You can sense my frustration I’m sure in my message, and I’m not the only person who farms this daily whos sick of this wyvern spawn. The event should not be in the middle of a kitten garden. EVER!

I’m sure theres going to be people who say, your builds suck, well no they dont actually. Hard to defend from 7-8 full zerker wyverns all at the same time when they spawn from no where, all around you, and instead of just 1 attacking, its the entire Fing group.

The aggro on these things are ridiculous.
Even worse, After I almost defeated them all ,the Blood Wyvern event spawned and handed my end to me.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Interesting.

I go there with my power reaper, and all those wyverns come running to their deaths.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

Used to farm this daily too on all my characters, never really had a problem, even on my squishiest toons.

Kitten.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Why do you need to go to the big flax tree garden? Not sure what you mean and couldnt find anything on the wiki.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The aggro on these things are ridiculous.

They’re a pack, so pulling one pulls them all.

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

Originally in mmorpg in open world game play where there are groups in way of your goal, what you did was pick of the stragglers and worked your way in to the point where you could deal with/cc the rest. Nowadays people have learned to run and cant cope with anything that requires tactics or slows them down, must be frustrating.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

If they all spawn on top of you and start attacking, simply utilize your dodge/mobility/mitigation skills and walk away. Once they return to their starting positions, re-engage a more manageable number.

When you do take on multiple wyverns, be aware of their attacks:

Lightning wyverns have a ray attack that occurs in a 180 degree arc. Simply move behind them when they initiate it. They also have a charge attack that leaves lightning on the ground. Sidestep it and don’t stand in it.

Fire wyverns shoot a fireball that leaves fire on the ground. Don’t stand in the fire. They also have an attack where they take to the air and cover a large area in fire. When they initiate this attack they are no longer a valid target. As soon as you see this, move well away from the area.

They also have a melee range attack where they sort of leap up and spin around with their wings. Don’t allow multiple wyverns to stand right on top of you as two or three of them performing this attack at once will likely kill you. If you’re only fighting one at close range, be ready for the attack as it has a pretty obvious tell. Dodge or step out of range. Stay mobile, especially at close range. They can’t move while performing this attack, so if you’re moving and you watch for the tell you will easily avoid this attack.

Posted by: Odin the exiled.5764

Odin the exiled.5764

I don’t mind them, only have “issues” with them on a few classes. Don’t generally die though, usually can rally. I find my biggest issue with them is the community. Been there so many times when other ppl are there and no one wants to help kill them. They’d rather just gather while they all attack 1 person that you can see struggle. Or if someone did die there, they’ll just kill/gather then leave. I know for me personally when i do go there, if someone is fighting them i join in, if someone is dead i’ll revive, even if i feel they’re afk and will just die again (but that’s also cuz i think it’s funny when a person comes back and see their toon is now naked from dieing too much lol)

Plus it’s just the one set of wyvern’s that’s a real pain, but they do die fast, just need to dodge their fireball snot shot, since that can almost 1 shot you, which does get hard when 5 of them are flying at you lol. Personally i love using my engineer or thief for that farm, since i can just use stealth and avoid them saving me some time.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

The Jaka Itzel farm is much more relaxing. No aggro beyond an occasional mob blast that the Itzel guards take care of, all the plants in close proximity, a lot faster to get to, a convenient ledge to park alts on. So much speedier! Which matters when you cycle 20 alts through the farm … I should do that again, I haven’t been building up my flax lately and the guild hall needs linseed oil.

Posted by: Jwake.7013

Jwake.7013

So because there’s a spot in the game you wish to farm you want it to be made easier to farm cause you have a hard to soloing it? Just take a step back and listen to yourself. While I agree those guys are hard, I run through there well enough if I’m careful. If it’s too hard for you to deal with, grab a friend or stranger in map chat, it is an mmo after all. And if you don’t want to be bothered to do that then maybe do something else that’s more fun for you in game. If you need the flax maybe gold farm and just buy it, or go to one of the other two ‘farm’ spots for it.

Posted by: Odin the exiled.5764

Odin the exiled.5764

I’’m like you donari witht he jaka spot. I used to run both on all my toons took about an hour since i’d grab the 4 chests on the way to the tree one, but anymore i just use the jaka spot and usually at the end of my gathering/daily route (like i do the one guild hall, then bloodstone aerial/unstable magic, to jaka flax, to my other guild hall then home instance lol) And if im really hurting for flax, then i do what Jwake suggested and gold farm and buy some more too.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

With flax as cheap as it is, I wasn’t aware it was still regularly farmed. Donari has the right idea though. The Jaka Itzel flax farm is easy enough for anyone to get to.

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

Okay, so I would immediately get an infraction for typing “you suck, that’s ridiculous” so instead I will say the following:

I think you should revise your particular plan. Perhaps your build is not conducive to the situation you are in. If you know that there are a group of enemies that you will need to take care of and also know that you cannot afford to face them head on perhaps you should put effort into either kiting tactics, weapons that hit multiple targets at a time or condition damage.

Good luck to you, Commander!

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Even if you can oneshot them with your autoattack that place isn’t worth going to for flax. In the time that you oneshotted a wyvern I would have gathered at least one flax.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Okay, so I would immediately get an infraction for typing “you suck, that’s ridiculous” so instead I will say the following:

I think you should revise your particular plan. Perhaps your build is not conducive to the situation you are in. If you know that there are a group of enemies that you will need to take care of and also know that you cannot afford to face them head on perhaps you should put effort into either kiting tactics, weapons that hit multiple targets at a time or condition damage.

Good luck to you, Commander!

I am quite surprised that OP obviously expects to collect valuable rewards clustered across a small area without having to kill a couple of mobs in the process. I dont know why he thinks that those rewards were designed to reward solo players and are not scaled/balanced to group content/rewards.

I just went to Bloodtide Coast to collect my daily tequatl chest but to my horror, I realized that I had to kill tequatl first and couldnt do it on my own. Not on my warrior anyways, didnt check other classes because it doesnt matter. As long as I cant solo teq on one class, he is clearly OP and should be nerfed.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: demitel.1340

demitel.1340

Oh no, I can’t solo group content and farm materials and play AFK wars!!1!!1! Let me faceroll everything.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Oh no, I can’t solo group content and farm materials and play AFK wars!!1!!1! Let me faceroll everything.

Those are just regular wyverns … not group content.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

cough I know it might sound patronizing, but have you considered just using a WvW or PvP build instead of the “berzerker/vipers meta” builds that everyone loves in PvE?

They are usually a huge uptick in survivability; I have zero regrets using one on my warrior alt that I play super-rarely, because I’m not especially good at it (see also, alt), and it makes up the difference with the extra self-healing and damage reduction skills.

(Also, made much easier soloing a bunch of the AB hero points with champs and stuff on that alt, so that was nice.)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’m not sure why it’s important for people to be able to farm there. Isn’t it easier to send more characters to the nearly-100% safe Jaka Itzel farm? Or farm elder wood — you can park a single toon at the Orr ‘forest’ and make enough from selling the logs to buy the same amount of flax the wyvern farm would give and leave you with some silver.

I’m not disagreeing with the OP that it’s annoying to farm there: the wyverns can swarm and it can feel overwhelming. I am, however, disagreeing about whether it’s important — I think the game is just fine with a few “dangerous” farms.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

With flax as cheap as it is, I wasn’t aware it was still regularly farmed. Donari has the right idea though. The Jaka Itzel flax farm is easy enough for anyone to get to.

at about 2s apiece, with IIRC 7-8 nodes to harvest, you’re getting about 20s per alt you have there.

…and there are also Flax Fibers, which run around 13s a pop, and odds are you get at least one per alt as well. End result you can get about 1 1/2-2gs or more for just a couple minutes per day. Not as big of a single haul as what you can get with encryptions after all the fractal dailies are done, but pretty good change for the time it takes.

Posted by: Rikkagin.9472

Rikkagin.9472

Hmmm, just went the flax farm, again to see I could replicate the OP’s experience.
Made my way from the Order of Whispers Way point, following the path to the right. Killed two Mordrem Vets and some adds on the way to the jump off point, then used the updrafts to reach the top of the Jump Puzzle.

Sent my pet to attack one of the 3 Vet. Mordrem Floppers but the other two joined in so I had to kill them all. Next I took out the 4 Mordem mobs and looted the 2 chests.

Finally moved towards the first chamber, attacked a wyvern and 3 more added. Killed them them moved into the main chamber with the flax. 3 wyverns left. Attacked 1 and 1 added, but other was further way so only had to kill the 2 then finish off the last one.

I proceeded to gather the flax, with plenty of time before they began to respawn.

My gear is full ascended, Viper’s and associated traits.

I am not sure why it is being implied that this area is hard, or group content. It is neither. Sure, there are easier ways to farm flax, but I go there because I find it mildly challenging and fun as well as rewarding.