Back Piece Ideas

Back Piece Ideas

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Achilleus.6145

Achilleus.6145

Ideas of having differnt back pieces, wings was pretty cool idea. Maybe give us more types of wings…

I was thinking capes, yes we have armor that kinda does that already but not really… Capes will be great back piece item!

(What other back piece should be added?)

Twitter & Instagram: @AchilleusBolt

Back Piece Ideas

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

I’d personally rather see options for the missing stat prefixes on back items. For instance, we have the potential of Exotic/Ascended Celestial on every slot but back. Don’t get me wrong, I like the concept of more “types” of back item, but it’s the kind of thing that I’d like to see go hand-in-hand with fixing the overall progression of back slots as Trinkets.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

(edited by Advent.6193)

Back Piece Ideas

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

I’d rather have the option to get multiple back items with the Apothecary stat prefix. It’s a pain trying to constantly swap my Sclerite Karka Shell between characters who all use the apothecary stat.

Back Piece Ideas

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

They should really make more options for getting back items. Either you do a bunch of fractals or you farm like 70g and mf one. And yeah it would be cool to see more unique skins.

Back Piece Ideas

Posted by: Sol Solus.3167

Sol Solus.3167

Anet wanted to add capes from the start but they didn’t work well with Charr running animations. It’s not like it’s never occurred to them before.

Rainmeter overlays:
World Boss Timer | WvW Map

Back Piece Ideas

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Can I have a racial backpiece that gives my Sylvari wings like the light racial and/or a vine tail?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Back Piece Ideas

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

Wings, wings, wings … All outplayed Aion or smth O_o ? You have to be more original. Beyond simply cloaks (oh thank you, charrs!) I would prefer greater diversity of quivers.
It’s almost no cloaks to magic-oriented classes. Only giant books. Something like a huge flasks on straps, or a plurality of such. Large scroll hanging over shoulder, ligaments with scrolls. Some sort of tattered ribbons with runes hanging out the back. Mmm… skulls on the ropes, mb? It would be interesting. Some sort of claws or huge vertebrae on the back. Floating in the air crumbled plate with the text? Cage with skritt on the back. Oh! Oh! Or better with a bone fiend, like necromancers have. Floating lanterns on the chains… Some natural feature for silvary. Large bunch of leaves hanging from the back. Whimsical driftwood on with insects on it. Or one large insect on the back. Funny…

Back Piece Ideas

Posted by: amax.8034

amax.8034

Wings, wings, wings … All outplayed Aion or smth O_o ? You have to be more original. Beyond simply cloaks (oh thank you, charrs!) I would prefer greater diversity of quivers.
It’s almost no cloaks to magic-oriented classes. Only giant books. Something like a huge flasks on straps, or a plurality of such. Large scroll hanging over shoulder, ligaments with scrolls. Some sort of tattered ribbons with runes hanging out the back. Mmm… skulls on the ropes, mb? It would be interesting. Some sort of claws or huge vertebrae on the back. Floating in the air crumbled plate with the text? Cage with skritt on the back. Oh! Oh! Or better with a bone fiend, like necromancers have. Floating lanterns on the chains… Some natural feature for silvary. Large bunch of leaves hanging from the back. Whimsical driftwood on with insects on it. Or one large insect on the back. Funny…

Omg! Best ideas I’ve heard … I’ve just logged in to say that….Anet should definetly make all of these.This game needs more epic ness and all these would help get there, the floating lanterns would be amazing for a Halloween reward.

Back Piece Ideas

Posted by: Sciva.4865

Sciva.4865

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Anton
I’d like his swords (and maybe all of his armour aswell..)

Back Piece Ideas

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

Omg! Best ideas I’ve heard … I’ve just logged in to say that….Anet should definetly make all of these.This game needs more epic ness and all these would help get there, the floating lanterns would be amazing for a Halloween reward.

Thank you. I’m flattered

Back Piece Ideas

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I’d personally rather see options for the missing stat prefixes on back items. For instance, we have the potential of Exotic/Ascended Celestial on every slot but back. Don’t get me wrong, I like the concept of more “types” of back item, but it’s the kind of thing that I’d like to see go hand-in-hand with fixing the overall progression of back slots as Trinkets.

i want more stats combos. all types.

i dun want fancy back skins.
i always hide them.

give me simple ones, no skins. more stat choices.

Back Piece Ideas

Posted by: effybuttonmoon.4607

effybuttonmoon.4607

I’m not quite sure why, but i really really want a pretty white quiver, something with maybe the swirls like the new ascended weapons have, on it.

Back Piece Ideas

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

I want rings, amulet and accessory to be visible visually, there so few of base back piece base items, and there’s too much of back piece skins available already.!

Back Piece Ideas

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

Concidering the fact that ArenaNet doesn’t care about clipping issues I don’t see why we don’t have capes.

Heck, there were even capes in the early betas and they moved around perfectly with charr tails.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

(edited by Naus the Gobbo.5172)

Back Piece Ideas

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

Concidering the fact that ArenaNet doesn’t care about clipping issues I don’t see why we don’t have capes.

Heck, there were even capes in the early betas and they moved around perfectly with charr tails.

they just dont want us to look fabulous and heroic.

Back Piece Ideas

Posted by: cinemapaula.8673

cinemapaula.8673

I dont know.. IMO there are already WAY too many back items. Charrs, Quaggans, Wings, Birdcages, Roses, Tentacle…things….

I wish townclothes were ultra rare drops!!! THAT would be incredible! The gorgeous NPC dresses, and clothing as EXOTIC townclothes drops. <3

Back Piece Ideas

Posted by: effybuttonmoon.4607

effybuttonmoon.4607

They know people want them real bad, so are finding a way to make the most money out capes via the gem store XD

Back Piece Ideas

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

They know people want them real bad, so are finding a way to make the most money out capes via the gem store XD

I highly suspect that they’ll tie them to PvP tournament rewards, making them rare as all hell.

Back Piece Ideas

Posted by: Ferguson.2157

Ferguson.2157

I need a hunchback simulating back-piece for my short plump Norn character named Quasimodo.

“What, me worry?” – A. E. Neuman

Back Piece Ideas

Achilleus.6145

Lets keep the dream alive, we want more and we not terrible looking ones either!

Back Piece Ideas

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

The only backpiece I want is the black wings from the Raiment of The Lich costume from GW1. PLEASE ANET!

Attachments:

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Back Piece Ideas

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

I’d like Profession based ones.

I ? Karkas.

Back Piece Ideas

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Hmph…

An ability to take a hostage on your back and use it as a meat-shield ?

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Back Piece Ideas

Achilleus.6145

Hmph…

An ability to take a hostage on your back and use it as a meat-shield ?

This is not Gears of War haha

Back Piece Ideas

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

1. Get an Engineer.
  2. Use a kit.
  3. (optional) Weep.

Back Piece Ideas

Posted by: Jandopo.2107

Jandopo.2107

Capes, more quivers, sashimono/samurai banner.

Back Piece Ideas

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

1. Get an Engineer.
  2. Use a kit.
  3. (optional) Weep.

Pfft. There’s other classes too, though.

The engineer ones are relatively fine. I’d suggest quivers for rangers but we have them. Elementalists can have like.. I dunno. Something similar to the headpiece? Necromancers can have bones or skulls or such on their piece. Mesmers would likely have something similar to CoL/Lightning Catcher and so on.

I ? Karkas.

Back Piece Ideas

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

I’d love some White angel-like wings… would be awsome to the Chaos set and the White fur my charr has.

Kima & Co

Back Piece Ideas

Achilleus.6145

There is already the “samurai banner” type their called guild banners…

Back Piece Ideas

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Capes will be great back piece item!

How about mounts backpieces? Like Dollies, Moas, Oakhearts or a Charr Motor Bike that you wear on your back and carry around?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Back Piece Ideas

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

There is already the “samurai banner” type their called guild banners…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sashimono

They tended to be much more flag like than the guild banners are. In fact I know the guild I was in when they came out was pretty bummed that they weren’t like sashimonos at all and were instead small and hard to see at a far zoomed view.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Back Piece Ideas

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

I’d really like to see a Zodiac back piece. full Zodiac is my preferred skin but I want to be able to have a back piece that goes with the full skin. I tried the Holographic Dragon wings it works decent but personally I don’t like how they work together!

Necromancer Main

Back Piece Ideas

Posted by: flipyap.5789

flipyap.5789

The feature pack on Tuesday will include special back pieces per crafting discipline and special back pieces for collecting certain themed exotics like a Foefire back piece for making those weapons and elemental back piece for making Volcanus, mjolnir, cragstone etc.

Back Piece Ideas

Achilleus.6145

Capes will be great back piece item!

How about mounts backpieces? Like Dollies, Moas, Oakhearts or a Charr Motor Bike that you wear on your back and carry around?

Now that just ridicules lol and we have charr actually haha

Now I tho with all this humans gods back piece why not Spirit of the Wild, like Spirit Wolf on your back and he moves or shouts at night time!

Back Piece Ideas

Posted by: Coopziana.1802

Coopziana.1802

Capes!!!

I did a search in Google on the new “Archeage” game as I know certain classes have capes already placed on them at the start of the game… I found loads of images for various games with capes… Which just made me jealous:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=archeage+capes&espv=2&biw=1280&bih=619&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=ODIMVKj4Ls-XasXqgJgL&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#imgdii=_

Like & Subscribe to “Game Slobs” on YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/gameslobsuk