Back in the game after a year ..

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hyo Jin.5630

Hyo Jin.5630

Hi dear fellows,

I read some posts on the forum, but they are mostly, if not all, outdated.
My concern is simple : I played mainly Necromancer & Engineer back then, before HoT expansion came out. So I don’t really know about Elite Specializations and it might be quite tricky to have a good statement considering videos on youtube & subjectives opinions from players in game ; it didn’t help me out, really.

So I put my trust in you guys to help me, and other players that might ask themselves the same question : Which classes have been torn apart and which are viable ?

I mainly play in a PvP perspective, but in sPvP & ranked PvP I see mainly Guardians, Warriors & Mesmers. Appearently, the new class Revenant (and Herald Elite Spe) is a “total garbage”, tho it seems to be pretty effective considering it gives buffs for its party.

Let’s be clear : I am NOT looking for the most OP class, since it’s a sheep statement to base one’s opinion on this. But considering your experience and point of view, by taking also into account the update made on 22nd February, which classes are still competitive in a WvW & PvP aspect ?

Thank you for reading me, I appreciate.

Posted by: Sephas.8793

Sephas.8793

The first question is, do you have HoT?

Posted by: Hyo Jin.5630

Hyo Jin.5630

Yes sir, I have indeed HoT currently installed. So I have access to all the expansion content.

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Mesmer and Thief are the evergreen darlings of GW2. Pick one, play it forever and never fear the nerfbat again!

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Mesmer and Thief are the evergreen darlings of GW2. Pick one, play it forever and never fear the nerfbat again!

Isn’t the elementalist? Or PS warrior? or … wait, guess everyone gets nerfs every now and then…