(Bad) Luck Accounts

(Bad) Luck Accounts

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SundayTrash.9562

SundayTrash.9562

There are no lucky or bad luck accounts who comes up with this crap? It’s called rng. What exactly does a net have to gain by going around and randomly lowering an accounts luck like you state? That’s right nothing

Read what I kitten link https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/crafting/Official-Response-Drop-Rate-of-Legendary-Precursors/first, scroll down 1st page till u see a mod post. If they openly admin rng might not been so rng, I think there might been other unknown glitches that they’re might not be aware about thats handing out better loot for some account over another. I think anet needs to reevaluate their whole loot system.

(edited by SundayTrash.9562)

(Bad) Luck Accounts

Posted by: Yunjii Sun.3512

Yunjii Sun.3512

There are no lucky or bad luck accounts who comes up with this crap? It’s called rng. What exactly does a net have to gain by going around and randomly lowering an accounts luck like you state? That’s right nothing

Read what I kitten link https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/crafting/Official-Response-Drop-Rate-of-Legendary-Precursors/first, scroll down 1st page till u see a mod post. If they openly admin rng might not been so rng, I think there might been other unknown glitches that they’re might not be aware about thats handing out better loot for some account over another. I think anet needs to reevaluate their whole loot system.

Don’t bother: some people are just white nights like some others are haters. I don’t even understand why they keep posting just to talk about tinfoil hats… If you’re not interested by the subject of the thread, you can just read another one or just enjoy the game, right?

@RoRo.8270:
This is not just for you ofc

“We don’t make grindy games — we leave the grind to other MMOs.”

-Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

(Bad) Luck Accounts

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Where in this post do you see them say that players are tagged with bad luck accounts there was a bug which is completely different than what is being discussed here. rng is rng there is no white knight defense here go read up on probability and gamblers fallacy

(edited by RoRo.8270)

(Bad) Luck Accounts

Posted by: Yunjii Sun.3512

Yunjii Sun.3512

rng is rng there is no white knight defense here go read up on probability and gamblers fallacy

Too bad for you, this is part of my job so maybe you should go read about it. And yes, you’re a white night.

“We don’t make grindy games — we leave the grind to other MMOs.”

-Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

(Bad) Luck Accounts

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I always think it is funny that the RNG is seen as an apathetic and malevolent god in games. It certainly seems that way, with things like precursor drop rates being so low that you’ll get one “blessed” player, and hundreds of cursed ones.

I don’t like having games be heavily based on the RNG myself. The wealth and economy in the game is an enabler to greater assets: more gear sets, more characters, better equipment for better performance, greater profits, and more fun overall. So, whenever there is a game that is heavily RNG based, essentially the game randomly rewards players with the capacity for greater fun. This is done in contrast to players who have inferior gear, not as many characters, and less assets to risk and spend. Thus, the malevolent nature of RNGsus.

Guild wars 2 isn’t that bad as far as the RNG goes. It has taken several moves against it:

#1: Everything is balanced around exotics, and exotic gear isn’t that difficult to obtain. Thus, effective performance isn’t dependent on so much on oodles of random wealth.
#2: The difference between gear tiers isn’t that big. Ascended only gives around 10% to 15% of an advantage over exotic gear. Thus, someone doesn’t become horribly overpowered because they wind up with an ascended weapon drop.
#3: There are multiple alternatives to acquiring desired gear which aren’t based around random drops. Crafting and unique currencies (karma, dungeon tokens) are examples of these. Because of this, you can work toward the exotic goalpost without ever spending a cent.

And that is really the most I could ask for. While I haven’t been lucky enough to get a precursor drop, I also am not doomed to perpetual inferiority because of it.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

(Bad) Luck Accounts

Posted by: Kobal.5234

Kobal.5234

No matter what anyone says, there are for certain blessed and cursed accounts. I have a cursed one.

Saying it’s RNG is a cop out. If it was random it wouldn’t be so consistent now would it?

Actually, true randomness includes clusters. Therefor, this is actually a perfect example that proves the rule.

:D

(Bad) Luck Accounts

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

digital deluxe version = rich
normal version = poor

(Bad) Luck Accounts

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

digital deluxe version = rich
normal version = poor

This isn’t correct, I have the “Digital Deluxe version” and I’m FAR FROM RICH.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

(Bad) Luck Accounts

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

My account is destined to have kittenty RNG.

It’s been months since I’ve had a phase 3 Lupi without life drinks spammed constantly and I get 3-4 swarm spawns CONSTANTLY on phase 1.

(Bad) Luck Accounts

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Now can someone explain again, that his luck was RNG or something else… My guild had over 200 online members, only 3 from 200, except that guy, who had their precursors as loot. So…It is trully a pure RNG or not so RNG.

I have done a bit of calculations (with lots of assumption, of course, but good enough to show trends), and i can tell you that having one such case in the game since the beginning is not only likely, but very close to statistical certainty. Multiple such cases, actually.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

(Bad) Luck Accounts

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

I would be very, very surprised if they were using anything other than a linear congruential generator. The game makes an enormous number of calls to their generator and speed is almost certainly their highest priority. I cannot imagine how any of the quirks of a LCG would matter, especially with multiple players calling the generator at irregular intervals.

If anyone can explain why a LCG is insufficient for this application, I’d love to hear why.

(Bad) Luck Accounts

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

One guy in my guild is up to 13 or 14 precursers. Last two were within 3 days of each other.

BG

(Bad) Luck Accounts

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

guildmate and I have been playing since the 3rd week of release together, and hes gotten 7 precursors and I have yet to get one. I had to buy mine.

(Bad) Luck Accounts

Posted by: weskay.9217

weskay.9217

Yeah, playing since release, not a single drop worth over 20g. I could probably even count the number of dropped exotics on all of my fingers and toes. This is ridiculous already.

www.vanquishing.enjin.com

(Bad) Luck Accounts

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

I would be very, very surprised if they were using anything other than a linear congruential generator. The game makes an enormous number of calls to their generator and speed is almost certainly their highest priority. I cannot imagine how any of the quirks of a LCG would matter, especially with multiple players calling the generator at irregular intervals.

If anyone can explain why a LCG is insufficient for this application, I’d love to hear why.

This. RNGs aren’t account bound. The seed is probably one per VM. So all the players in one VM could in theory be lucky or unlucky. It’s hard to imagine a flaw in the RNG consistently affecting an account.

Flaws in DR are more believable.

But a simpler explanation is that in a game with millions of players and billions of drops, that some people just get lucky, or unlucky, and players are seeing the Gamblers Fallacy.