Bag of gold contains no gold

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

A couple of issues with the “bags of gold” that are now found in the satchels looted from dungeon champions:

1. Is there even a remote chance of them containing 1 gold? I’ve never seen one with more than 4 silver. So… why called them “bags of gold” ? Why not simply “bag of coins” or “extremely small pouch containing a minute amount of silver” ?

2. Why are they soulbound? Since money can be freely shared between characters, why is a container containing nothing but money bound to the character that got it?

2b. Why is there still no way to know which character something is soulbound to? I have eight characters. I put one of these bags of “gold” (hah!) in the bank by mistake (probably double-clicked while I had the bank window open, and it got sent into the bank instead of “used”). Now I have to log in (and travel to the bank) with every character just to find out which one can actually “use” the bag and extract the wild riches within.

3. Why do these “bags of gold” exist at all? They seem to be just a useless intermediate step requiring one free inventory slot and two extra mouse clicks. Why don’t we simply get the money directly from the blue satchel dropped by the boss? Or, indeed, directly from the boss, when looting?

- Al Zheimer

(edited by Account.9832)

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

That is an old discussion. But yes, they are a lie, should be called Bags Of Silver.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: Banjal.7328

Banjal.7328

It’s called Bag of Lies.

Account.9832

It’s called Bag of Lies.

That was the title of the topic I created (“Bag of Gold? Bag of lies!”) , but some moderator apparently decided to edit it and didn’t even add a note saying he had done so…

Anyway, my main point is that they shouldn’t exist at all. They’re just a useless intermediate step requiring extra mouse clicks and extra inventory space.

- Al Zheimer

(edited by Account.9832)

Posted by: Velocity.4950

Velocity.4950

well please explain to me why a gold bar cost less than a gold?

Posted by: Archmortal.1027

Archmortal.1027

Happens in a lot of games with crafting. The devs don’t put Gold toward the top of the crafting food chain because it just isn’t all that pliable for crafting most things. We’d need cell phones to craft to make it valuable in-game.

Bag of Lies is brilliant, though I’d be happier with just a Bag of Silver. In the long run if the game is still lively in a few years perhaps the bags of gold in future level 120 dungeons will actually contain a full gold in them.

Account.9832

Because it’s a very, very tiny bar, obviously. Or a huge coin.

- Al Zheimer

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

why toilet paper cost less than an thousand dollar bill?

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

Account.9832

Are you saying it’s possible to make dollar bills from toilet paper? Hm… if anyone calls for me, I’ll be in the toilet… getting rich!

- Al Zheimer

Esrever.8613

Are you saying it’s possible to make dollar bills from toilet paper? Hm… if anyone calls for me, I’ll be in the toilet… getting rich!

the toilet paper are more comfy than money so I think its better if we did print money on toilet paper. It can then be dual purpose.

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

Hm… if anyone calls for me, I’ll be in the toilet… getting rich!

This reminds me a phrase my father used to say to me when I was a little kid asking him to buy me something.

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

the ability to take them bags of silver, and throw them into the forge to get a bag of gold would be nice, too…

Esrever.8613

the ability to take them bags of silver, and throw them into the forge to get a bag of gold would be nice, too…

that would be a dumb idea. for it to make sense it would have to be close to 100s bags to 1g bag. If that was the case, it would just defeat the whole purpose since you can just open them.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

In a slightly obvious note – It’s not the gold itself, it’s the coin’s minting that makes it have a specific value. Currency has become the middle step of bartering for goods and services, since it allows two people to approach from an agreed-upon standard. Also, just because someone holds up a yellowish metal and says “this is gold” doesn’t mean it’s gold. I could hold up some pretty glass chips and call them gems, but you should probably (definitely) not take my word on it.

The subject of minted currency is a fascinating topic, and you should read up on it in your own time.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Robotsonik.4935

Robotsonik.4935

It’s called Bag of Lies.

It should be called Bag of Cake.

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

Selling gold ore should net you at LEAST 1 gold as well.

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I can imagine no 2 being to stop some kind of TP gambling system being done with them.

Of course they could still be account bound.

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

It’s called Bag of Lies.

It should be called Bag of Cake.

Lol because the cake is a lie.

Alternatively, the bag could be called Trollish bag.

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

Bag of highly possible junk.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

bag of lies… lol how astute.

Posted by: Raehvyn.4530

Raehvyn.4530

It’s called Bag of Lies.

That was the title of the topic I created (“Bag of Gold? Bag of lies!”) , but some moderator apparently decided to edit it and didn’t even add a note saying he had done so…

Anyway, my main point is that they shouldn’t exist at all. They’re just a useless intermediate step requiring extra mouse clicks and extra inventory space.

Welcome to the Guild Wars 2 forums. Grab a tin foil hat and wait to be punished.

[NoPe] Jello Gangsta Cosby.Cute Lil Pookiebear
“Check your inbox. Infractions for everyone!” – Oprah

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

A couple of issues with the “bags of gold” that are now found in the satchels looted from dungeon champions:

1. Is there even a remote chance of them containing 1 gold?

A bag of gold does in fact contain 1g however there are a few minor deductions that may from time to time cause the amount to be slightly less.

Deductions may cover:
City tax
The Lions arch Lighthouse rebuild fund
Save the Quaggan fund
People for the Ethical Treatment of Dragons deduction
The Feilds of Ruin rebeautification allowance.
The Dev winters day party voluntary donation

Ulfar SOR

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

First bag of gold I received, it had 3-4 gold in it. I was thoroughly disappointed that it was only silver from then on.