Bag slots..

Bag slots..

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Godric.5649

Godric.5649

I was looking through the upgrades and was wondering why is the bag slot expansion for only 1 character and not for all characters on the whole account?

Bag slots..

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

That seems like a question that should be rhetorical.

Bag slots..

Posted by: Godric.5649

Godric.5649

Not at all. Think about it, why make only bags slot expansion character only?

All the gathering nodes are account bound, not character.
Additional crafting license goes for every character on the account.

Bag slots..

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

Bag slots are per character while bank tabs are for the account. Been that way since the GW universe started over 10 years ago.

Bag slots..

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

No, not all gathering nodes are account bound….

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Bag slots..

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

There’s a simple motivation to all the clues you’ve listed, and I think you know what it is. I’m not passing judgement on whether the answer is justified or not, just that it’s the most natural explanation for what you’re describing. Sorry to be cyptic, but I’ve kind of started to enjoy this little game we’re playing.

Bag slots..

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It’s because if they were account wide bag expansions, they’d have to charge a heck of a lot more than one bag expansion for one char only. Every char have you have now and every char you made from the time of purchase onward would get a free bag expansion. That would be a VERY good deal.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Bag slots..

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

It’s just business. Selling per-character lets them sell multiples if you want to load up multiple characters, and it allows a lower point-of-entry than if, say, you had to pay $10 per account-wide slot, meaning that more people might dabble in them, even if fewer people fully-stock up on them.

People might or might not like that, and they can have different opinions about how that would do sales-wise, but it’s just a business question.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Bag slots..

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

More Money.. for Anet.

Bag slots..

Posted by: Duckie.7241

Duckie.7241

That’s actually one thing that really turns me off from playing one character over the other. I spruced up one guy to have max bags, and now he’s practically one of the only guys I want to play on.

Bag slots..

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

That’s actually one thing that really turns me off from playing one character over the other. I spruced up one guy to have max bags, and now he’s practically one of the only guys I want to play on.

I just decided to accept that it was never going to change and bought slots for all my 80s (at least, those I had before HoT). I’m very happy that I spent that extra gems/gold — the convenience of extra slots is every bit as valuable to me as that I get from infinite-use tools and salvage kits.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Bag slots..

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

I just decided to accept that it was never going to change and bought slots for all my 80s (at least, those I had before HoT). I’m very happy that I spent that extra gems/gold — the convenience of extra slots is every bit as valuable to me as that I get from infinite-use tools and salvage kits.

Same here. Eventually I’ll stop my boredom-inspired ecto gambling and buy some bag slots for my rev.

Bag slots..

Posted by: Silas Eorth.7348

Silas Eorth.7348

No, not all gathering nodes are account bound….

Legitimate question: What nodes are not account bound?

Bag slots..

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Re: Nodes

I think Home Instance nodes vs normal out-in-the-wild nodes are being considered.

Bag slots..

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

It’s because if they were account wide bag expansions, they’d have to charge a heck of a lot more than one bag expansion for one char only. Every char have you have now and every char you made from the time of purchase onward would get a free bag expansion. That would be a VERY good deal.

If they were account-wide, I’d buy them and I’d pay that “heck of a lot more”.

As they are now, not a chance in hell I’m ever buying even one.

Bag slots..

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

If they were account-wide, I’d buy them and I’d pay that “heck of a lot more”.

As they are now, not a chance in hell I’m ever buying even one.

How would they charge it though? One account wide slot is 500 gems each if you buy a set of 5. Since the bag expansion can hold up to 20 slots, then a expected price for account wide bags would be 10,000 gems, plus whatever price they charge for the remainder of the items. We’ll say a price of 11,600 gems then as my “heck of a lot more.”

It would be a heck of a lot more than that if they charged per bag expander times the max number of chars per account. Probably in the area of 24k gems. (400 gems for an expander times the max 69 chars per account minus a discount plus the price for the remainder of the items).

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)