Bakestone Cavern needs to be renamed

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

True, but the actual bakestone is actually used for baking in stone stoves.

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

I think those need to be renamed too.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

I think those need to be renamed too.

Haha, I guess we need to go to Oxford and tell them to change it then, if that’s possible

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

Posted by: Delamer.1960

Delamer.1960

Looking WAY to far into things sadly!! Could it not be a stone you cook with? Why is it related to drugs right off the get go? Seems you turned something positive into a negative? Why?

kKagari.6804

Looking WAY to far into things sadly!! Could it not be a stone you cook with? Why is it related to drugs right off the get go? Seems you turned something positive into a negative? Why?

Hey, I’m just watching out for the minors. Besides, Arenanet renamed Crown to Laurel, not sure how many people would have picked up on that.

Posted by: Syktek.7912

Syktek.7912

Sure, while they’re at it why don’t they remove the alcohol which you’re encouraged to have your character guzzle and get drunk (Even though the intoxication effect is either broken or not in the game yet/never will be).

Also, kids shouldn’t be playing this game. Notice the ESRB rating? Yeah? T? Mmmhmm, for teens and older. Guess what? Most teens already know the terms, so there’s no point in censoring it.

Vesper Dawnshield | Guardian

(edited by Syktek.7912)

kKagari.6804

Sure, while they’re at it why don’t they remove the alcohol which you’re encouraged to have your character guzzle and get drunk (Even though the intoxication effect is either broken or not in the game yet/never will be).

Also, kids shouldn’t be playing this game. Notice the ESRB rating? Yeah? T? Mmmhmm, for teens and older. Guess what? Most teens already know the terms, so there’s no point in censoring it.

Substance abuse iirc isn’t legalized at any age (in most countries), whether you are 10 or 90. Responsible consumption of alcohol is different.

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

per Oxford Dictionaries website
oxforddictionaries.com

when a word search for bakestone is made the results are:

No exact results found for bakestone in the dictionaries.

but per wikipedia:

Bakestones are flat stones that can be placed on or next to a fire or stove to cook cakes of various kinds. In Wales, a bakestone, ‘maen’ in Welsh; ‘gradell’ in the north of the country, and ‘planc’, is the name for the cast iron or steel griddle used for cakes, especially in South Wales. The Northern tradition in areas such as Saddleworth was for oatcakes (a sort of hard, long lasting oaten biscuit)

so the odds of them changing it appear to be slim to none

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Syktek.7912

Substance abuse iirc isn’t legalized at any age (in most countries), whether you are 10 or 90. Responsible consumption of alcohol is different.

However not illegal in a fantasy setting.

kKagari.6804

I’m highlighting the point that the ESRB has little to do with the topic in question here. If people can take offense to ‘crown’ then Bakestone can equally be offensive.

Posted by: Eridani.8317

Eridani.8317

Oh so you can consume alcohol responsibly but not other substances the government has told you are bad? You’re either trolling (which I seriously hope) or a complete kittening idiot.

kKagari.6804

Oh so you can consume alcohol responsibly but not other substances the government has told you are bad? You’re either trolling (which I seriously hope) or a complete kittening idiot.

Substance abuse isn’t as white and black as you may think. Simply the mentioning of drugs or terminology associated with can also cause someone who has abused drugs before to relapse. Obviously the irresponsible consumption of alcohol is undesirable and is noted in-game, as highlighted by the Intoxicated status effect in game.

Syktek.7912

I’m highlighting the point that the ESRB has little to do with the topic in question here. If people can take offense to ‘crown’ then Bakestone can equally be offensive.

ESRB has everything to do with it. A Teen rating guarantees that there will be subjects that are inappropriate for children under the age of 13, who we refer to as kids. A teen rating means that things like this are bound to pop up and you were technically warned; regardless of these things being offensive or not.

Since a proper warning was given out, I see no reason for these things to be changed.

(Edit) Used the wrong word.

Posted by: Eridani.8317

Eridani.8317

Substance abuse isn’t as white and black as you may think. Simply the mentioning of drugs or terminology associated with can also cause someone who has abused drugs before to relapse.

Irrelevant. My point is your use of the phrase “responsible consumption” with regards to alcohol but seeming to think that illicit drugs can only be abused. Anyway, it’s obvious you have no real life experience of this topic so we’re done.

Again, this is if you’re serious, which I have a hard time believing.

kKagari.6804

ESRB has everything to do with it. A Teen rating guarantees that there will be subjects that are inappropriate for children under the age of 13, who we refer to as kids. A teen rating means that things like this are bound to pop up and you were technically warned; regardless of these things being offensive or not.

Since a proper warning was given out, I see no reason for these things to be changed.

Well that’s irresponsible. So they’ll shield you from ‘bad words’ but you’re on your own for substance abuse?

Posted by: Dagok.3948

Dagok.3948

Marijuana is legal in the states of Washington and Colorado now. So there :P

kKagari.6804

Substance abuse isn’t as white and black as you may think. Simply the mentioning of drugs or terminology associated with can also cause someone who has abused drugs before to relapse.

Irrelevant. My point is your use of the phrase “responsible consumption” with regards to alcohol but seeming to think that illicit drugs can only be abused. Anyway, it’s obvious you have no real life experience of this topic so we’re done.

Consumption of any illicit drug outside of correctly prescribed medical recovery is never responsible. Don’t do drugs.

Posted by: Clouded Judgement.7834

Clouded Judgement.7834

While we are at it we need to change the name for all cooking..

Getting baked, baking..
This should now be named ‘oven cooked’

‘Cooked’ of getting off your ‘chops’ now needs to be changed

so it should be called searing meat with bone…

Meat & Bone means something else now so that should be changed too.

.. Stupid post.

Also plants need to be changed.. Plant POT..

OMG they combined Plants and Pot into one word.. HELLS NO!

Plant container.. >> Vegetation Container?

I could keep on forever.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Looking way too deep, man.

Where I’m from, bakestones are called Welsh cakes. Their called bakestones because their cooked on a slab called a bake stone.

Their pretty kitten yummy as well.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Syktek.7912

Well that’s irresponsible. So they’ll shield you from ‘bad words’ but you’re on your own for substance abuse?

I don’t see any shielding, I see warning labels.

kKagari.6804

While we are at it we need to change the name for all cooking..

Getting baked, baking..
This should now be named ‘oven cooked’

‘Cooked’ of getting off your ‘chops’ now needs to be changed

so it should be called searing meat with bone…

Meat & Bone means something else now so that should be changed too.

.. Stupid post.

That is properly contexualized. We have bake AND stone together.

kKagari.6804

The censoring would be the shielding is what I’m saying.

Syktek.7912

NPCharacters cuss, there’s no censoring of the game there.

Only censoring there is is of the chat system, which can be turned off. ESRB does not rate online interactions either.

kKagari.6804

Only censoring there is is of the chat system, which can be turned off. ESRB does not rate online interactions either.

Try naming your character with any variation of flatulence and you will most certainly be asked to rename your character.

Posted by: sinzer.4018

sinzer.4018

Consumption of any illicit drug outside of correctly prescribed medical recovery is never responsible. Don’t do drugs.

You could definitely benefit from some drugs.

Syktek.7912

Try naming your character with any variation of flatulence and you will most certainly be asked to rename your character.

Censoring of players trying to be purposely offensive.

I can use greek words to do that, doesn’t get censored. They’re only minimizing the amount of kittening people do as some things are “Offensive” to others. However, you’re not offended, you’re simply worried about a kid being introduced to drug related content.

Which leads us back to alcohol.

Posted by: FateZero.8536

FateZero.8536

Not sure if serious or just trolling. So, it is illegal if we fed our character Omnomberry Pie to increase Power, Magic Find and Exp. Per Kill? Because that’s using substance to enhance our character.

Right, so ANet will rename Elonian Wine to Elonian Sparkling Water.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Out of curiosity, what was wrong with “Crown” that it needed to be changed?

kKagari.6804

Not sure if serious or just trolling. So, it is illegal if we fed our character Omnomberry Pie to increase Power, Magic Find and Exp. Per Kill? Because that’s using substance to enhance our character.

I believe a healthy diet (and exercise) would also increase your physical ability. Doesn’t need to be a ‘substance’. If I was famished and I ate meat pie, my power would probably increase too.

Why is everyone insinuating that I’m trolling? You’re not allowed to troll on these forums.

Posted by: FateZero.8536

FateZero.8536

I believe a healthy diet (and exercise) would also increase your physical ability. Doesn’t need to be a ‘substance’. If I was famished and I ate meat pie, my power would probably increase too.

Why is everyone insinuating that I’m trolling? You’re not allowed to troll on these forums.

Because there are other higher priority issues that needs more attention rather than Bakestone Caverns bro.

kKagari.6804

Because there are other higher priority issues that needs more attention rather than Bakestone Caverns bro.

If that’s the case, everyone is trolling. Necromancers think they need more attention than engineers, who clearly think vice versa, etc.

Posted by: Punch.3507

Punch.3507

I’m sorry, but if you think some kid is gonna see the name Bakestone and be like “wow, I wanna go try weed because I discovered Bakestone caverns,” you’re sadly mistaken.

This is a kitten thread. QQ

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

If they recognize it for something like that, then I’m afraid they’ve already fallen into corruption.

(edited by Navzar.2938)

Posted by: ConterK.3972

ConterK.3972

If they recognize it for something like that, then I’m afraid they’ve already fallen into corruption.

^ what he said!!

this is the first time i hear “bake stone” being related to narcotics
tho i can see the relation, i dont think is a very common widely used term!!

if a kid recognize it as such, means he’s already corrupted into the wrong paths or heard the relation from somewhere else.. lol!!

Posted by: trapline.8541

trapline.8541

Wow so many dum dums took this troll bait, it’s sad how easy it’s getting, a good troll used to be require wit and misdirection, and even a subtle nod to those who saw it.

Posted by: Darque Intent.1674

Darque Intent.1674

This thread is obviously the result of transmog potion sniffing or snorting too much crystaline dust, or both.

If Oxford renamed bake stones they would have to rename stone baked bread, and that’s not going to happen..

But I do think syringes should be called something else because there is no way to distinguish between one or another depending on how they are used. Example they should call them medical plungers unless they were used to inject illicet drugs, in which case they should be called joy plungers.

edit: I understand I might get infracted for this…

All hail Emperor Anet, and their new clothes!

(edited by Darque Intent.1674)