Balancing HoT and Core

Balancing HoT and Core

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

So they should be equal, not because of the ftp accounts but to allow for build diversity. I, as a revenant, am tired of herald but it’s too strong for me not to take it. If I roll condi, dps or support I need herald cause it helps with all those things with no consequence. Buffing the core wouldn’t work because elite specs include the core so it would buff the elite spec as well. The only real solution I know would be to nerf the elite specs in a way that makes them different from the core specs, like reaper and dragonhunter. Those two need to be balanced between their core and elite variants in shround/virtues respectively.

With out further adieux here are my suggestions:

Chronomancer:
This can be simply fixed by making Continuum Split the f4 and not allowing chronomancers to have diversion as it allows to have an invuln f5.
Reaper:
For reaper, the only thing to do would be to make base shroud stronger than it currently is, or by nerfing reaper shroud. Reaper could take a hit in executioner scythe cd, and a buff in dark path cd.
Tempest:
Tempest is just support. It favours taking water magic rediculously highly for aura share. It really needs a nerf to elemental bastion to stop this and a buff to warhorn/overloads. To make core ele as viable I’d increase base attune swap cds. The current system is alright but it would have to disable all skills and force an attune swap which would be clunky and in turn render overloads useless (unless they were very powerful)
Druid
This doesn’t work with pets, multiple pets not a single one. I hate to say it but pets + druids are a huge problem. How to fix? You only get one pet in druid. This would force the druid to use its new ability to keep its pet alive if it’s dying and when it dies, it’s damage get a hard hit. Staff auto attack also needs a damage reduction as it is as powerful as mesmer gs auto, which has no support.
Daredevil:
Daredevil is a big problem in it’s current state. It’s not OP or anything but it makes core thief super obsolete. DD shouldnt alter dodge and give an extra dodge. If anything core thief should have 3 dodges and dd should have 2, which is my suggestion.
Scrapper:
Again, like daredevil, its a huge problem. The function gyro adds nothing but a huge buff to the engineer. A first step would be to prevent the engineer from reviving/stomping without the gyro. What I would like idealy would be to completely change its ability to allow you use a toolbelt/non-kit utility skill twice, for you at the cost of an extended cooldown.
Dragonhunter:
This ones easy. Just buff core virtues/increase DH virtue cooldowns.
Herald:
Also quite easy. Reduce energy to 50 and nerf facet of nature. It would be “you only get 1 legend” but then legend swap traits wouldn’t work. Doing this would require higher energy management and equilibrium/charged mists would still work as they do at 50% exactly.
Berserker:
I really don’t want to nerf war since it just became moderately viable, but it shouldn’t be hard. Remove core bursts when you have berserker, only allow primal. To compensate for this core one should be made slightly better and berserker mode would be made easier to use (less adrenaline).

I really want these to be balanced, especially the elite specs that do nothing but add to the profession.

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

Balancing HoT and Core

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Dragonhunter:
This ones easy. Just buff core virtues/increase DH virtue cooldowns.

Berserker:
I really don’t want to nerf war since it just became moderately viable, but it shouldn’t be hard. Remove core bursts when you have berserker, only allow primal. To compensate for this core one should be made slightly better and berserker mode would be made easier to use (less adrenaline).

I really want these to be balanced, especially the elite specs that do nothing but add to the profession.

DH is bad in pvp mediocre in wvw.
Berserker is most used class now cause it is OP as hell.

Balancing HoT and Core

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Berzerker’s problem, I think, is how spammable the bursts are. And each one counts as a Tier 3 burst, while only costing Tier 1 Adrenaline.

Want to play tanky? You need Berzerker to hold 3x as many stacks of Adrenal Health. Want to go Bursty? You need Berzerker for the power of its bursts. Want to go Sustained damage? Those berzerker bursts come at a very reliable rate. Oh yeah – and the primal bursts are also better QoL than the bursts they replace (Arc Divider has a larger AoE than Arcing Slice, and buffs you. Gunflame lacks Killshot’s ludicrously long CD, and hits an area, even though it no longer pierces. Primal Flurry doesn’t root. Decapitate cleaves… the list goes on). I think they should boost normal bursts, and tone Primal burst damage and benefits down.

(edited by Sartharina.3542)

Balancing HoT and Core

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

-_- I quite reading fairly early on after I got to your suggestions for mesmer, which I would consider my main. You do realize that diversion is the class mechanic that dazes enemies. I know you are trying to help. However, I don’t necessarily think its a good idea for someone to offer suggestions about a class who doesn’t know it very well.

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

Balancing HoT and Core

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I have a better idea… Improve all core profession stuff.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Balancing HoT and Core

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

-_- I quite reading fairly early on after I got to your suggestions for mesmer, which I would consider my main. You do realize that diversion is the class mechanic that dazes enemies. I know you are trying to help. However, I don’t necessarily think its a good idea for someone to offer suggestions about a class who doesn’t know it very well.

OP: plz edit “Diversion” to ‘Distortion’, since that’s obviously what you meant, and many top-tier Mesmers have agreed [vs the silly SoH nerf (which did jackshat) and, mostly, nerfed core Mesmer builds that would use it (is that even a thing outside of speculation/balance suggestions?)]…mmmkay thanx!

Balancing HoT and Core

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

People use scrapper outside of pvp ?

It’s literally the only elite spec that can truly be considered a sidegrade, if not downgrade.

Balancing HoT and Core

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

also regarding the OP’s actual point, ie any semblanceof balance, as Foste, I, and several others have pointed out for 7+ months, MAKE THE 5th LINE (‘profession mechanic’) AN EXCLUSIVE SPEC (yes, I purposefully avoided the word ‘Elite’ b/c it is stupid and screams imbalance) and then do a balance pass (or 9, knowing Anet) accordingly.

@Devs: do you even realize that you have quite a few, very intelligent players offering GREAT advice, SINCE THE GAME LAUNCHED, who’s threads diminish into obscurity while ‘Cheesy Jokes’ and other stupid kitten actually get some ‘red responses’? If you would, finally, take a pic of the entire staff, ‘flipping the bird’, it would go a long way for 11+ year veterans to just throw in the towel….