Balancing PVP/spvp

Balancing PVP/spvp

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Isilhgaard.4013

Isilhgaard.4013

I would like to see the developers consider using a "win/loss’ system to balance pvp/spvp. Meaning, you will play with and against players with a similar track record. That would feel more competitive. This current system just doesn’t do the trick. Of course, a seasoned player can wipe out new players easily, so what. That’s not a real challenge. Improve your skill and ability by fighting against challenging opponents.
Just my OP. Peace!

Balancing PVP/spvp

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

you are referring to a rating system and matchmaking. it is already in the game. rating is invisible however. and the system doesn’t work too well. but it’s already there.

Balancing PVP/spvp

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

you are referring to a rating system and matchmaking. it is already in the game. rating is invisible however. and the system doesn’t work too well. but it’s already there.

Thats because it doesn’t exist.

What If I told you the tooth fairy is in the game, you just cant see her, know when you lost a tooth, and the money she gives you doesn’t show up in your inventory, BUT ITS THERE TRUST ME!

Balancing PVP/spvp

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

Thats because it doesn’t exist.

What If I told you the tooth fairy is in the game, you just cant see her, know when you lost a tooth, and the money she gives you doesn’t show up in your inventory, BUT ITS THERE TRUST ME!

i’d rather believe based on past evidence that anet is incompetent and not malign.

Balancing PVP/spvp

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I think a rating system IS in place and its doing the job…

BUT

spvp has too few players, so the system has no choice other than to mismatch opponents. This is what I have seen playing spvp, you keep getting matched vs same opponents even if they beat you 500 to 50 a few games ago…

So no matchmaking system would work…

Remember only 10-15% of the entire GW2 population play spvp and the majority of them probably only to get the daily/monthly achievement points…

Perhaps Anet should consider a handicapping system where if there is a large to huge difference in teams, the lower team gets some buffs for that match. This would also stop some teams farming other players for hours on end when they know no other team is online who can beat them?

(edited by Meglobob.8620)

Balancing PVP/spvp

Posted by: Isilhgaard.4013

Isilhgaard.4013

I want to see more information on how the current rating system works. If anyone can provide the links on the current state of pvp/spvp matchmaking I would really like to read up. Thanks for the feedback everyone!