Balth outfit, you outdid yourselves

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Anet, I hope you realize what you have done…. you have now set the bar so high for the upcoming skins that I truthfully dont think you can live up to such a work of art.

On a separate note, do you mind making the outfits armors instead? I kinda like miss matching and your game is built upon cosmetic, it sort of makes me sad that I can customize my looks :/

+1 for Balthazar Regalia, perhaps the BEST heavy armor skin I have seen in any game to date (Sunrise best sword too!)

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

+1 if it was actually an armor skin :/

or if they released it as outfit AND armor
(i would pay 10x more for the armor to make the extra work worth it for anet)

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Posted by: MetalGirl.2370

MetalGirl.2370

They can live up to it, if they couldn’t, Balthazar wouldn’t be so good then.
…and seriously people, stop it with whining about outfits, it’s really getting annoying. Some don’t like outfits, some (including me) love them.

Mesmerizing

Fortus.6175

…and seriously people, stop it with whining about outfits, it’s really getting annoying. Some don’t like outfits, some (including me) love them.

lol chill, nobody is “whining” about it. Im glad you like them, so do I, but think about it, if they were armor then you would still be able to use them as a full set (outfit as it currently stands) and as matching armors (for the rest of us), and everybody is happy

On another note; Im waiting for the Lyssa armor now

Attachments:

Legendary SoloQ

Posted by: Noob Saibot.4087

Noob Saibot.4087

Outfit or armor skin. I don’t care. Release it ANet! Do eeeeeeet …

+1.000.000 …

… And I thought my jokes were bad.

Posted by: MetalGirl.2370

MetalGirl.2370

lol chill, nobody is “whining” about it. Im glad you like them, so do I, but think about it, if they were armor then you would still be able to use them as a full set (outfit as it currently stands) and as matching armors (for the rest of us), and everybody is happy

You do realize, if they were armors, it would look different depending on what you are. My main is mesmer. If they make it so light Balthazar looks like heavy, it will have nothing to mix with since all light armors are dresses, same goes for medium armors. If they made it so that they all look different depending on your armor, many will be sad to see another dress for light.. in that case, it’s nice to have outfits so you get to use something different that is not usually made for your class.

Mesmerizing

Orangensaft.7139

You do realize, if they were armors, it would look different depending on what you are. My main is mesmer. If they make it so light Balthazar looks like heavy, it will have nothing to mix with since all light armors are dresses, same goes for medium armors. If they made it so that they all look different depending on your armor, many will be sad to see another dress for light.. in that case, it’s nice to have outfits so you get to use something different that is not usually made for your class.

ehm….

1) you could just use complete balthazar light outfit and it looks exactly the same as outfit

2) also we have no problem if it comes out as outfit we just want it as armor TOO

3) and why wouldnt you be able to mix and match it??
there definitly are other light armorpieces who can fit with single balthazar pieces

26x lvl 80 Characters

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Hopefully they release all of them at some point. They look great

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

Anet, I hope you realize what you have done…. you have now set the bar so high for the upcoming skins that I truthfully dont think you can live up to such a work of art.

On a separate note, do you mind making the outfits armors instead? I kinda like miss matching and your game is built upon cosmetic, it sort of makes me sad that I can customize my looks :/

+1 for Balthazar Regalia, perhaps the BEST heavy armor skin I have seen in any game to date (Sunrise best sword too!)

Can they live up to it? sure. Not everybody likes their armor to be completely over the top. They did set the bar for over the topness, however, so if you want more over the top, prepare to see some really bizarre things.

Fortus.6175

Can they live up to it? sure. Not everybody likes their armor to be completely over the top. They did set the bar for over the topness, however, so if you want more over the top, prepare to see some really bizarre things.

My [long] experience on MMOs tell me that for the most part; the better looking the armor, the more people will like it. Granted, different people have a different concept of what better looking means, but in a game with giant dragons that shot lasers, angry fire sprites, a magical creatures all over the place, most people don’t want [lame] “realistic armors”, they want armors that match the craziness of the magical world they live in.

Legendary SoloQ

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

there definitly are other light armorpieces who can fit with single balthazar pieces

The armour seams for the different armour types are set at different places. Medium armour has very short chest pieces, for example, they only come down to around a character’s belly button. This is usually hidden by the ‘trenchcoat’ part of most pieces, but when you look at a piece that lacks such a coat, such as the Glorious Armour, it’s very noticeable.

So it just wouldn’t work out to make the same skin for all three armour types. This is why the only ‘universal’ skins they’ve released so far are shoulders, helmets, gloves and boots, which all can avoid that ‘how long the pants/tunic are’ issue that varies from armour to armour.

Posted by: Omega Zoa.3859

Omega Zoa.3859

+1 if it was actually an armor skin :/

or if they released it as outfit AND armor
(i would pay 10x more for the armor to make the extra work worth it for anet)

“Might makes Right” – the ability to commit an act is sufficient justification to do it.

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

At least link some pics so I can see what you all talking about.

Posted by: Witch of Doom.5739

Witch of Doom.5739

http://dulfy.net/2015/03/31/gw2-upcoming-items-from-march-31-patch/

I’m as excited about the Countess Anise outfit as the other one, but love both.

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

Yea, this is how you make a good skin! There is no clipping issues on charr! It look’s perfect to me! The level of details is way higher than normal to, for you . :P

I just wish there was a light and medium version. Cause this look’s like a heavy one, and i wish they wouldn’t be outfits.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

(edited by Timelord.8190)

Posted by: Encross.1726

Encross.1726

Any idea as to when they will release it? What do you guys think ?

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

Omg it’s awesome O.O

Can’t help but notice, everything looks adorable and/or cooler on asura. The rest of you will just have to do your best within your limitations lol

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

To each his own I guess, I don’t see the appeal. Though I do see a cloak….Anet…

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

I hope we get outfits for the other gods as well.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Orangensaft.7139

The armour seams for the different armour types are set at different places. Medium armour has very short chest pieces, for example, they only come down to around a character’s belly button. This is usually hidden by the ‘trenchcoat’ part of most pieces, but when you look at a piece that lacks such a coat, such as the Glorious Armour, it’s very noticeable.

So it just wouldn’t work out to make the same skin for all three armour types. This is why the only ‘universal’ skins they’ve released so far are shoulders, helmets, gloves and boots, which all can avoid that ‘how long the pants/tunic are’ issue that varies from armour to armour.

eehm
and how is that ANY problem???

they can just do balthazar armor like cof light armor chest piece

so the chest piece of baltazar outfit would hide leg armor and serve as chest and leg armorpiece in one

we cant mix chest and legs then but we still have
the helmet, gloves, shoulders, boots and chest+leg in one for mix and matching

which would still be suuuuper awesome!

and 1000000x better than not being able to mix and match AT ALL!

26x lvl 80 Characters

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

I’m not a fan of it really, but if they add other gods too, i’d be interested in the melandru armor.

and as others have said, i’d much prefer it as actual armor instead of and outfit. Personally no matter how cool it was, i couldn’t live without the ability to mix-n-match :/

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

Noob Saibot.4087

I was kinda hoping they would release it for easter ….
Hopefully next monday or tuesday, I guess …

Posted by: Light.7493

Light.7493

i’ve been waiting all day :

Noob Saibot.4087

Still no word about the outfit ANet?

:( …

Posted by: DarkusRogue.3027

DarkusRogue.3027

It’s nice. Don’t see much attraction to it myself, as I’m not a fan of outfits. I like to look different from everyone else in game. But to each their own, I guess. It’s a sweet outfit though. Just a shame I can’t wear the parts of it that I’d like.

Posted by: met.9653

met.9653

Meh, I don’t like it. Too bulky. I love to see in game melandru outfit for my sylvari, dwayna for human ele and grenth for human necro.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

they need to put this in the store already

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Noob Saibot.4087

+1.000.000 times …

Getting impatient here …

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I agree XD I’ve been waiting for this for sooooo long now. Don’t even want to wait till Wednesday for it (Tuesday for others). Wanted it ever since it was datamined.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Naus the Gobbo.5172

My body is ready.

My characters are ready.

My wallet is ready.

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

I agree XD I’ve been waiting for this for sooooo long now. Don’t even want to wait till Wednesday for it (Tuesday for others). Wanted it ever since it was datamined.

That is hoping it comes Tuesday/Wednesday….

But either way It had better come soon! I’ve been checking gemstore daily, just in case its another 24 hour one like wings. Once I get this and mini moose my gw2 life is complete. =) (at least until another new shiny takes my interest =P)

Posted by: Ronin.5038

Ronin.5038

I’d get it if it was an armour skin or if it came with its own fun toy.
As it is neither of these, I won’t be buying it.

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

I’m going to say this is incorrect.
I also own a mesmer ( an all other light armor characters, and heavys, and medium :P)

I could find plenty of armor combo’s that I would like with this.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Posted by: Naivea.5238

Naivea.5238

I do not really care for it, so yeah i don’t see it being a problem with them being able “outdo themselves”

Naus the Gobbo.5172

I do not really care for it, so yeah i don’t see it being a problem with them being able “outdo themselves”

But you care enough to post in a thread about it.

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

Because more fiery gear was just what we needed.

Posted by: Nerthus.3592

Nerthus.3592

Darn it! This outfit was datamined a whole month ago, why it’s still not in the store…oww Anet, you’re so cruel >_<

Naus the Gobbo.5172

Darn it! This outfit was datamined a whole month ago, why it’s still not in the store…oww Anet, you’re so cruel >_<

They’ve made it work with charr tails, so I don’t mind if we have to wait a little longer.

Noob Saibot.4087

Release eeeeet ANet …
Pretty please with sugar ontop of it!

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

I’ll agree with the (it seems) minority, that I don’t really care for this armor. It looks like it’s trying way too hard. That said, it does look adorable on Asura for that very reason. I have an Asura warrior that I dress as much as I can to fit adolescent power fantasy for the humor of it. If this was armor I could mix and match, I could see getting it for the helm to use with him.

As to capes, it seems clear to me from the screen shots that we’re not really dealing with a cape here. There’re two metal points on the side of the back that appear to be gathering the ‘cape’ in to the back. So functionally, we have another butt-cape, it’s just they’ve extended the visual up to the shoulders.

Gibson.4036

Looking at the concept art, and knowing that sometimes the armor preview doesn’t show particle effects correctly, I wonder if the orange bits we’re seeing will have more of a flame effect.

Naus the Gobbo.5172

They don’t have the effect on the preview. I don’t think they will make the flames.

Gibson.4036

They don’t have the effect on the preview. I don’t think they will make the flames.

But the preview often doesn’t show particle effects, even when there are some in game.

Posted by: Nerthus.3592

Nerthus.3592

There is a heat effect around hands, shoulders etc…orange glow is a bit animated as well.

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

I’m looking for Dwayna now!

Posted by: pandas.9450

pandas.9450

Who would of known reusing gw1 skins would be so popular ; 3

Posted by: Sorean.5379

Sorean.5379

Dwayna armor,just yes…yes,yes yes,thousand times YESSSSSSSSSS

Just do it ArenaNet!

I’m sure it will look awesome if they make it,better than the Dervish avatar in GW1,with more glow and stuff!

Posted by: Light.7493

Light.7493

Wow Anet really knows how to torture their customers by not releasing this :"(

Posted by: Phoenix.1370

Phoenix.1370

Based on the previous armour releases, they come out on tuesdays.

Let’s take a look shall we?

“Shadow Dye Kit, Raiment of the Lich, Crystal Nomad Outfit, and Mini Golden Pig in the Gem Store!
by Evon Gnashblade on March 17, 2015” a tuesday.

“Limited-Time Special Items in the Gem Store This Week!
by Evon Gnashblade on March 3, 2015
Check in each day this week for a brand new item!” Oh look a tuesday.

"
New Weapons, Outfit, and Mail Carrier in the Gem Store!
by Evon Gnashblade on February 10, 2015" What a surprise….tuesday.

My guess? Today is release date, a tuesday, considering it’s been stuck with other outfits/finisher and the weapons ect ect, worst case? little delayed with it being max next tuesday, already got my gems ready.

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I checked out the preview image from the data mined link too and I will admit that this (un-released?) apparel is one of the best, outstanding, wonderfully detailed outfits to date and as soon as it’s up in the gem store it’ll be an insta-buy from me.

I genuinely hope they proceed to make further god-related outfits.

I wouldn’t mind a plant-like one for Sylvari.. as much as I am intrigued by the shadow of the dragon head & shoulder pieces I was very put off by the in-ability to change the color of the green-ish glow emitting from it. Ah well.