Balthazar Back Piece

Balthazar Back Piece

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Raiga.4508

Raiga.4508

Hey everyone. I just made a thread in the “Black Lion Trading Post” section, where I got the suggestion to bring that topic here, in order to get any advice or answer. I’ll just quote really quick what I wrote there -

“Good day everyone.
What’s my problem? Well, as many of you know with the Feature Pack Update, reward tracks have been introduced. The first “unique” reward track was the one for the Balthazar Back Piece. I completed that one within the first couple days and got the back piece skin, which I thought was really cool.
However, I noticed that it was a trade able thing and so I watched the prices for the item on the TP and I realized that it sunk every day – when I first checked it was at over 60 gold, then 40, 20… my plan now was to sell the pack piece as early as possible, before the price sunk too much, and then in a couple of days/weeks re-buy it, when it was cheaper, in order to make a few gold.
Not a big deal, I sold it, and was pretty happy about the plan until the next day when I checked on the price again and the Balthazar Back Piece skin wasn’t found by my TP anymore – I relogged a few times, it surely had to be a bug on my end here, but no – the skin was removed entirely from the TP.
Now my problem is, that if I would have known in before hand that the skin would be account bound one day, I never would have sold it in the first place, as I find the skin to be really neat, and as far as I’m concerned, there haven’t been any posts or indications of the item being removed in the near future (?).
I asked the support about this and they told me that they don’t have the tools to refund items, that are sold on the TP, which is fair enough and I won’t complain about that.
But still, do I miss something here ? Is there still a way to acquire the skin somehow ? Was it announced that the skin would be removed from the TP later on ? Is there anything I can do ?
Thanks for your patience and for reading the comment. If there have been any similar posts about this, sorry, but I didn’t find anything when I was searching the forum for the tag “Balthazar”, so..”

So would it perhaps be possible to repeat the reward track ? Or is it, and as much as I hate pointing the finger at someone, since it was a simple bug and it got fixed, possible to re-send the item?
Any thoughts on that ? Thanks a lot for taking the time to read this.
Greetings

Ultimate power corrupts ultimately.

Balthazar Back Piece

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I cant help with the solution, but it wasn’t meant to be tradeable. They patched that fix a couple of days after the feature patch.

Balthazar Back Piece

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

I heard that it was a bug, that the skin was never intended to be sellable, so they removed then from the TP and refunded the gold. But i find it weird that they didnt refund the skin too. Did you check your wardrobe if its there? If not is there a way to you to pick it again from the reward track?

Balthazar Back Piece

Raiga.4508

I heard that it was a bug, that the skin was never intended to be sellable, so they removed then from the TP and refunded the gold. But i find it weird that they didnt refund the skin too. Did you check your wardrobe if its there? If not is there a way to you to pick it again from the reward track?

I had no idea they refunded the gold.
I checked if I could do something with the reward track, but there`s no option there as far as I’m concerned.
Yeah, I checked my wardrobe, sadly it’s not in there.
I don’t know if the implementation would be difficult, but as a refund A-net could just unlock the skin if the account has completed the reward track.

Balthazar Back Piece

Posted by: Belexes.4923

Belexes.4923

These items were neither removed, or refunded from the TP. They stayed until they were sold, giving some the advantage of being able to sell, while others were not. Rug was pulled out from beneath many here by Anet.

Balthazar Back Piece

Raiga.4508

Can anyone else state his or her opinion ? Would be really happy to hear your thoughts.

Balthazar Back Piece

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

They fixed a bug (as stated in the Patch Notes), some people made some money off it, not enough for ArenaNet to mess with the economy, and now it is as it should be.

I imagine, some day, the back-piece will return in some way, shape or form. With anything introduced in a Release, it is probably best to wait a week or so, to make sure something untoward doesn’t happen. It may not be optimal, but bugs of this kind do get introduced, and are often fixed soon after.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Balthazar Back Piece

Raiga.4508

Do you see any problem with the option of unlocking the backpiece for the account, if they reward track is completed ?

Balthazar Back Piece

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, I’m not sure some should make gold off it, and others do not. And if that is unlocked, then every single lost skin in the game must be unlocked for each and every person. That’s sounds like a CS nightmare.

But, I’m sure most would prefer that.

Balthazar Back Piece

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

It’s just absolutely ridiculous they can’t make all these amazing backpacks tradable.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Balthazar Back Piece

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

It’s just absolutely ridiculous they can’t make all these amazing backpacks tradable.

The Balth backpiece is from PvP – of course it shouldn’t be tradable. It is an achievement reward.

Balthazar Back Piece

The Balth backpiece is from PvP – of course it shouldn’t be tradable. It is an achievement reward.

I’m not just talking about the Balth backpiece, also the fractal capacitor, light of dwayna, shadow of grenth etc etc.

We can even trade legendaries, if there’s any ‘achievement reward’ that’s supposed to show prestige, it’s a legendary weapon. And they can be traded.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Balthazar Back Piece

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

Reward tracks were made for PvP players to get some extra profit from playing, I don’t see why it shouldn’t be tradeable, also it is NOT an achievement reward, it’s a “track” reward

Balthazar Back Piece

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Reward tracks were made for PvP players to get some extra profit from playing, I don’t see why it shouldn’t be tradeable, also it is NOT an achievement reward, it’s a “track” reward

Because it is a REWARD for that track – plain and simple.

There are plenty of other items that can be traded.

Balthazar Back Piece

Actually, 90% of the items anet is adding are not tradable. They are either:
-ascended items that can only be crafted
-gemstore items
-Living Story items
-pvp reward track items
-fractal items

Only a fraction of what anet has added in the last months can be traded, and most of those skins aren’t really special.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Balthazar Back Piece

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

Because it is a REWARD for that track – plain and simple.

then again, what is so bad about making it tradeable?… seriously, getting the skin isn’t really an incredible feat, it wont make the skin more common either, cause you can only get it once

Balthazar Back Piece

Raiga.4508

It’s less about the question if or if not to make them sell able, but about the fact that the back piece was trade able and then got account bound. I don’t know why you wouldn’t unlock the skin once you completed the reward track, or at least give an option to repeat the reward track, because right now I’m here with a completed reward track but no skin, I’d be more than happy to loose the 20g I made from selling the back piece when it was trade able, because I wouldn’t have done it if I would’ve known that it would get changed/fixed.

Balthazar Back Piece

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

We can even trade legendaries, if there’s any ‘achievement reward’ that’s supposed to show prestige, it’s a legendary weapon. And they can be traded.

I’m pretty sure if you asked Anet Dev’s NOW, neither Legendaries OR Precursors would have ever been tradeable. I’d say 90% of the player agnst against the TP stems from this error in judgement. (I get that Precursors were saleable so players wouldn’t get stuck with unwanted or unusable ones but I have NO idea why Legendaries were ever anything but Account Bound when forged).

That being said, that horn as long been blown, but they don’t seem to want to go down that path again with other highly desirable items. Can’t say I blame them.

Has the OP submitted a ticket? Nobody here has any authority or pull in getting you what you want (but Support just might….but I wouldn’t hold your breath).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Balthazar Back Piece

Raiga.4508

[quote=4025422;Brother Grimm.5176:]

Balthazar Back Piece

Posted by: Belexes.4923

Belexes.4923

It’s less about the question if or if not to make them sell able, but about the fact that the back piece was trade able and then got account bound. I don’t know why you wouldn’t unlock the skin once you completed the reward track, or at least give an option to repeat the reward track, because right now I’m here with a completed reward track but no skin, I’d be more than happy to loose the 20g I made from selling the back piece when it was trade able, because I wouldn’t have done it if I would’ve known that it would get changed/fixed.

Once this item was allowed to be sold, it should have remained that way. To look into your inventory and discover a tradable item is now account bound is going to leave everybody upset.