Balthazar’s Regalia outfit

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Funset.7893

Funset.7893

When can we expect this beauty to hit the BLTC?

http://embed.gyazo.com/4084ca18dcb768af941c8bccf5618344.gif

I am sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask, but it seems the BLTC forum is gone now?!

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Eudaemons.1596

Eudaemons.1596

I went to try it out on my female human because this outfit is awesome and an instabuy.

The boots are so huge that they clip into each other and into the loincloth.

I tried it on every other race/gender and weirdly, it’s only huge on female humans. The boots fit close to the armor otherwise.

PLS FIX

(edited by Eudaemons.1596)

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Meanwhile while im disappointed by no horns on charr i have to say.. HOLY COW FIRE TAIL. I wasnt planning to use it on my charr but i changed my mind.. It also fits charr body pretty well. I hope they keep it up.

Posted by: Schneider.8615

Schneider.8615

Oah, well it wasn’t like that on my female Sylvari.

Posted by: Udin.9587

Udin.9587

I wish they made this as a armor skin

Eudaemons.1596

Oah, well it wasn’t like that on my female Sylvari.

Yeah, it doesn’t do this with any other race/gender except female humans.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

OP, I recommend you remove the image.

Posted by: Naivea.5238

Naivea.5238

I actually do not care for it at all .. each their own

Eudaemons.1596

Why?

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Why?

They just ban hammered That_Shaman I believ

Posted by: courin.2314

courin.2314

Why?

They just ban hammered That_Shaman I believ

Ooc, what makes you say this?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

They didn’t. But forum rules say you can’t post unreleased content. There could be deletions and infractions headed your way.

Eudaemons.1596

They didn’t. But forum rules say you can’t post unreleased content. There could be deletions and infractions headed your way.

Really? I deleted the image.

People are still spamming it in map chat in cities, so it’s not like people don’t know about it.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Really? I deleted the image.

People are still spamming it in map chat in cities, so it’s not like people don’t know about it.

If anybody should get an infraction, it should be the person at Anet who is preventing me from buying this outfit

>:-(

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

woooooooooooooou, WHERE? HOW? HOW MUCH?

Posted by: Dedlaw.9130

Dedlaw.9130

much drooling

Dedlaw – Fresh 80 Zerker Warrior
DODGE!!! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

^ Soon? 700 gems probably?

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

Posted by: Noob Saibot.4087

Noob Saibot.4087

I hope very soon! I was looking forward to get my hands on it yesterday for the whole day! Even converted gold into gems for it … #EXCITED

… And I thought my jokes were bad.

Posted by: segman.3560

segman.3560

it’s an outfit, looks like no money from me again
with this attitude from designers I’m considering if it is worth buying expansion especially it’s quite obvious now we will get a LS quality with some features

Posted by: Necroma.2379

Necroma.2379

I wish it would be a new armor skins instead of silly outfit… You can’t mix outfit which is the biggest issue (for me at least) in the game. This will be the same as it was with wings, everyone have them, everyone look the same, everyone hate them.. Helm could totally fit my mixed set, but nah, outfit.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Saw someone linking it in chat. Finally something that won’t look bad on my heavy charr. Pls ANet.

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

it’s an outfit, looks like no money from me again
with this attitude from designers I’m considering if it is worth buying expansion especially it’s quite obvious now we will get a LS quality with some features

I agree with the sentiment on the outfit. No matter how cool it looks, i’m not supporting the design philosophy behind ‘outfits-only’.

I will be buying the xpac though. Hopefully it will contain actual armor pieces that i can mix and match with.

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I only hope that they hold back all the “real” armor sets for the expansion and that
thats the main reason we only got outfits since 1 year and no more armor sets
beside carapace.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I remember back when they released armor sets and people complained about those and rather wanted outfits…

The circle is now complete.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Beldin.5498

I remember back when they released armor sets and people complained about those and rather wanted outfits…

Really ? I can’t remember that i ever read that .. and the word “outfits” wasn’t even
known in this game, before they started with that stuff.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

NO TO OUTFIT, it has to be unique kitten … i didn’t play an mmo to look like tom kitten and harry

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

NO TO OUTFIT, it has to be unique kitten … i didn’t play an mmo to look like tom kitten and harry

Then buy all the most expensive dyes to special snowflake it up.
You can also at least help me beg Anet to let us change the head pieces like GW1 outfits.
Probably the most we could get them to do.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

what a waste of amazing skins…

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

To keep everyone happy, they should release these as both skins and costumes, so the people like me who like wearing things not suited to their armour class can be happy and so can the mix and matchers

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Scoobaniec.9561

Question to people that complains about outfits cus they cant mix n match – what race are you playing?

Beldin.5498

Question to people that complains about outfits cus they cant mix n match – what race are you playing?

Mainly Norn and Human .. and some Asura.

Scoobaniec.9561

Yeah i thought so.. I doubt that anyone who complains about lack of mix n match playing charr and imo thats the olny way for us to get something “decent”. If they wasnt making profits from outfits i doubt they would continue releasing them so majority must like them for what they are.

Also i personally prefer to see outfits in gemstore and earn actual armor pieces in game. Thats how it should be done in my opinion, right now they working on expansion so its obvious that they focus on outfits now as they are easier to make. Im sure new skins coming with HoT but people have no patience really.

Basaltface.2786

charr who might wanna use pieces on other looks and have 4 individual colour slots per piece

Posted by: Jinesis.3782

Jinesis.3782

I do like outfits. There are always ppl who like outfits and some who do not.

Beldin.5498

Also i personally prefer to see outfits in gemstore and earn actual armor pieces in game.

Depends on the amount of grind that is needed. Personally i would had prefered
to buy the carapace armor for gold than to grind 10.000 bandit tokens.

Noob Saibot.4087

Outfit or not, I hope they release it soon. It looks awesome IMO.
ETA of the outfit Anet? As if they would tell me anyway :P …

segman.3560

Yeah i thought so.. I doubt that anyone who complains about lack of mix n match playing charr and imo thats the olny way for us to get something “decent”. If they wasnt making profits from outfits i doubt they would continue releasing them so majority must like them for what they are.

Also i personally prefer to see outfits in gemstore and earn actual armor pieces in game. Thats how it should be done in my opinion, right now they working on expansion so its obvious that they focus on outfits now as they are easier to make. Im sure new skins coming with HoT but people have no patience really.

Making assumptions because of one post makes you look silly.

I play every race and every class and I hate outfits. This is lazy design because they dont have to care about pieces.

Scoobaniec.9561

I play every race and every class and I hate outfits. This is lazy design because they dont have to care about pieces.

No..i already knew the answer cause if you go over “post olny if you armor is mix n match” thread theres load of human/norn, a bit of sylvari, some asura and few charrs. Who looks silly now at this point?

And while it might looks lazy i completely understand them – they could allow us to wear outfits in pieces but people like you will start spamming forum about fixing their clipping/visual glitchs issues asap cus they “payed” (gold>gem) for it.

As for carapace set its not hard to get it now thanks to vine. Unless youre super casual you can get 1 piece/day without any problem. Also harder to obtain x skin = more prestige. We all know what happened when they eleased black wing and everyone and their mom been running with one.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Really ? I can’t remember that i ever read that .. and the word “outfits” wasn’t even

I remember numerous people complaining about armor in the gem store and how it was a cash grab and how armor in the gem store made this game pay to win and how armor should only be available in game. Every single armor set had threads where people posted about how ugly it was and how they wouldn’t buy them. Post after post after post of complaints about gem store armor.

So now ANet is selling outfits and people post about how they want armor and they will never buy an outfit.

ANet can’t win.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Funset.7893

Funset.7893

Why do you people do not like the outfits?
They are better, cheaper and more convenient way to “dress up” your character.
Also you can use them basically for free while lvling

segman.3560

No..i already knew the answer cause if you go over “post olny if you armor is mix n match” thread theres load of human/norn, a bit of sylvari, some asura and few charrs. Who looks silly now at this point?

And while it might looks lazy i completely understand them – they could allow us to wear outfits in pieces but people like you will start spamming forum about fixing their clipping/visual glitchs issues asap cus they “payed” (gold>gem) for it.

As for carapace set its not hard to get it now thanks to vine. Unless youre super casual you can get 1 piece/day without any problem. Also harder to obtain x skin = more prestige. We all know what happened when they eleased black wing and everyone and their mom been running with one.

if they can create outfits with removable parts and you will like it on charr plz tell me mr silly why cant they put effort on armor pieces for charr, hmmm?

How are they better? In which criteria? Because the feel of “good” and “bad” is not mathematically measurable (lol is it a word?).

I personally hate outfits for 0 personalisation value. And the case of balth will be exactly the same as it is with wings. Everyone is going to wear them AND LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME.

And if they are able to create outfits that fit charr its exactly possible for them to put an effort and make armor skins for charr look the same.

Basaltface.2786

can only speak for myself.. but:

- Only 4 (or 3 at the balth armor) colour slots

- No way to swap out pieces that you may not like of it

- Only helmet can be hidden and as mentioned before not replaced

- makes it impossible to combine it with other armors for a personalised look

- better? No, not in a game where visuals are end game and with a wardrobe
system that extensive that displays now even all colours, even if you dont own em
to make it even more convinient to match the colouring of pieces from different sets

- takes away class identity completely. Warriors in dresses, thiefes in platemail.. etc..

- many pieces clip, glitch, remove parts of certain races with no way to “self fix” it
with pieces from other sets

- makes you a clone of the next guy besides you that uses the same outfit. Sure
some people might dig the full look.. i actually also love the whole balth armor
but eventually i wanna change parts and i cant the way it is right now.

- since the release of the wardrobe almost nothing skin wise got added and im fed up
with having almost no new parts. The game got right now nothing new in story,
“quests”, dungeons.. etc to bring in fresh air…cept the gem store. By only having new
“static” outfits you dont even add more pieces for the people who like to play dressup
such as myself.

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

To keep everyone happy, they should release these as both skins and costumes, so the people like me who like wearing things not suited to their armour class can be happy and so can the mix and matchers

I think this is the most brilliant idea on these forums to date.

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

Posted by: JackSpacer.4320

JackSpacer.4320

I find it hilarious that charr look the best in that outfit.

“The hype is real.”

segman.3560

I think this is the most brilliant idea on these forums to date.

brilliant and fair idea because Iboth outfit and armor lovers would be satisfied

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

And then people would call ArenaNet lazy and greedy kittens for releasing two identical sets

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

The circle is now complete.

this never happened, because outfits as they exist now, didnt exist back then.

Essentially the thing that people wanted more of back then, no longer exists.

Annnd that wasnt everybody anyhow

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

I remember numerous people complaining about armor in the gem store and how it was a cash grab and how armor in the gem store made this game pay to win and how armor should only be available in game. Every single armor set had threads where people posted about how ugly it was and how they wouldn’t buy them. Post after post after post of complaints about gem store armor.

So now ANet is selling outfits and people post about how they want armor and they will never buy an outfit.

ANet can’t win.

why are you creating a false connection.

armor in store versus in game
has nothing to do with
instore items being armor or being outfits

these are seperate stances/arguments, why are you using one as a counterpoint, when there is no relation.

Posted by: SidewayS.3789

SidewayS.3789

I find it hilarious that charr look the best in that outfit.

Exactly. It looks like the new Flame Legion Imperator. Rawr !!!
Lets bring back The Searing and burn all the sylvari and the Jungle Dragon.
Fire>Plants

[Main]Kappy Ry – Asura Guardian [~You are all,Bookahs !!!~]
[Second Main]Korvus Mistreaver – Charr Revenant [~I’m blind not deaf~]
[Third Main] Vladdz – Asura Engineer [~In due times, all will serve asura~]

Noob Saibot.4087

Excited Bump \o/ …

Devs, can you give an ETA pretty please with sugar ontop of it? :]