Bandit Death Mark not dropping anymore?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ray Koopa.2354

Ray Koopa.2354

So I recently learned that one of the Bandit achievements requires you to have the Bandit Death Mark in your inventory when killing a Bandit champion.

I previously always destroyed them (getting them like dandelion blossoms), and now I can’t seem to get them anymore. I read in the wiki there’s a (not uncommon) chance of them being in Embroidered Coin Purses. I opened like 20 now but still didn’t get one.

Has it been removed? How would I complete that achievement then? Or am I just victim of RNG?

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

I dropped one a few ago ( guess 4 or 5 days ago ).

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I got one just the other day….off a Bandit, I believe. The ones in the Mini-dungeon in Queensdale, if I remember rightly.

Posted by: Babai.7531

Babai.7531

They still drop. Don’t remember where but i got last one yesterday from some PvE activity.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

They drop from bandits I get lots of those when I’m killing them for other events

Ray Koopa.2354

Weird, guess I’ve been continuously unlucky then… when you need them, you don’t get em!

Posted by: Tyger.1637

Tyger.1637

Weird, guess I’ve been continuously unlucky then… when you need them, you don’t get em!

Yep, I always open bandit purses and go “Oh no, not again!”.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I get them periodically from Hab in Bloodstone Fen.

Pretty sure, if you look at the wiki, they have to come from champ bandits and a few others? I don’t think they just drop from normal bandits.

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

Pretty sure, if you look at the wiki, they have to come from champ bandits and a few others? I don’t think they just drop from normal bandits.

They do. Good Lord, do they ever. Run around the northwestern half of Brisban Wildlands for more than two seconds, get accosted by the numerous bandits there, and you’re basically guaranteed a drop.

Ray Koopa.2354

Okay buddies, here’s something fun: That’s exactly what I did, especially yesterday and today
- and they don’t drop for me anymore at all.

I seem to be in some kind of bugged situation. I opened another 20 purses, played the easy tasks of the CM dungeon, ran around in northern Brisban (that’s what I typically did), did the small Bandit dungeon in Queensdale, killed the Jade construct dropping a purse, etc.

No Bandit Death Mark. Why this might be a dream to come true for some, I’d wish to have it come true after I did the achievements I need it for :P

I submitted a support ticket. Though I wonder if there technically can even be such a situation. I just can’t be that unlucky to not get a drop in the last 50 purses and events which normally gives them to you like spam according to the others.

(edited by Ray Koopa.2354)

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

bugged? no, you’re just unlucky. and you trashed the item multiple times when you could’ve kept it… always /wiki items you’re unsure about

notebene.3190

They do. Good Lord, do they ever. Run around the northwestern half of Brisban Wildlands for more than two seconds, get accosted by the numerous bandits there, and you’re basically guaranteed a drop.

I guess I thought they were talking about this item, not the other one that you take to the person in DR to get a quest.

Posted by: TenthLife.5724

TenthLife.5724

I get them in wvw of all places, don’t really play pve anymore so they’re useless to me. Drag and drop outside inv, poff gone..

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

Okay buddies, here’s something fun: That’s exactly what I did, especially yesterday and today

Just a long shot: maybe the game checks if you already have it somewhere. I think I never got one when I already had it in the inventory. It’s an account bound item, so it could be on another character or in the bank. For some items, the game keeps track of what happened to them.

I suggest checking your bank again and your other characters. Might be easier with gw2efficiency or gw2timer.

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

notebene.3190

Just a long shot: maybe the game checks if you already have it somewhere. I think I never got one when I already had it in the inventory. It’s an account bound item, so it could be on another character or in the bank. For some items, the game keeps track of what happened to them.

I suggest checking your bank again and your other characters. Might be easier with gw2efficiency or gw2timer.

You can have more than one. The character I have that runs Hab in Bloodstone Fen every morning has a stack of them.

Ray Koopa.2354

I checked that aswell, I don’t have it in my bank (beyond lots of other crap!), nor on another toon, so I’m kinda stumped…

It indeed is not the item you take to DR; that I still get and can successfully do to progress in the daily infinitely repeatable achievement. I just can’t get the “Death Mark” which is required for “Stay of Execution”.

I keep trying… but it totally feels bugged at this point.

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

I am having the same issue, I just did a silverwaste run opened 35 coin purses, nothing. I checked efficiency not on my account anywhere.

It’s my last achievement but I will keep looking high and low for a mark.

Edit: After spending a bit more time in Silver Waste, 77 keys later I finally got the mark. Its a good way of getting bandit coin purses and might be something to look into if having issues getting it to drop else where. Ty for the guildie who recommended it to me!

(edited by Mazreal Blackknight.1564)

Ray Koopa.2354

Okay, I also discovered that chest running. I had to open like 150 purses to get some death marks.

Darn, I didn’t know they drop that rarely now.

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

Okay, I also discovered that chest running. I had to open like 150 purses to get some death marks.

Darn, I didn’t know they drop that rarely now.

Sorry for the mix-up with the Encoded Orders but I get – and delete – both regularly and their icons are rather similar.

It turns out that I get Bandit Death Marks semi-reliably in Bloodstone Fen of all places. I got some this weekend both from Justiciar Hablion and from one of the Jade Constructs during the hourly event chain.