Bank space is worse than F2P games

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Wait, I’m no longer a white knight?

Sweet. I dug Cecil more as a Dark Knight anyway.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Because this thread indicates the population right?.. This thread has simply be bombarded by the white knight crusade, nothing more.

“I mean I know that forums tend to not represent majority of the population, but more often than not people go to the forums when they’re displeased with something.”

by the way, most people commenting here, I don’t see them white knighting like crazy all over the place (except Vayne, sorry Vayne but it just so happens that you’re quite the figure).
If it was an actual problem you would expect people complaining in game and being rallied here (at least that’s what we did in Wildstar, plus topics like NPE, traits and SAB also prove that something that is actually problematic will get unbelievable amount of responses).
As it just so happens I haven’t seen anyone in game complain about this on map chat, in my guild or anything like that (even though lots of things get discussed, starting from the new black wings, finishing with racism. Map chat tends to be a very chatty place) and the general consensus of this thread is that the bank space is fine.

As for me being a white knight, and I’ve said this before, there are dozens of complaint threads I don’t post in at all. So if your definition of white knight is a person who defends anything Anet does, that wouldn’t count me. I’m a vocal critic of the changes to the PS, the new trait system, and cash box RNG. But there are things I find unreasonable and I will say so. If that makes me a white knight, so be it.

That said, I don’t really think I’m white knighting in this thread. I simply pointed out how it is in a game like Lotro, which is a free to play game, and since the topic of the post is the bank space is worse than F2P games, I’d consider that to be evidence.

In general though, there are far more complaint threads I don’t post in than I do.

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

You were a white knight, Vayne. More a beige knight now.

(edited by dietzero.3514)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

You were a white knight, Vayne. More a biege knight now.

A dirty blond knight?

Vayne.8563

Holy kitten! I love that. Or how about an offwhite knight.

But on topic, I think that if this was really an issue we’d have seen far more complaints about it since launch.

Posted by: Nova.8021

Nova.8021

I just wanted to drop by and say that Ive been playing for two years and the default bank space is pretty poor. Maybe if you’re in the crowd where you barely have enough money to pay for a waypoint it’s fine. But for others that actually have assets it is a nightmare. I have 5 tabs and 2 personal guild banks to help manage the insanity

It’s only gotten worse too. We keep being given more account bound tonics and the like that if we destroy then they are gone forever. Ascended rings that we can do nothing with but hold onto or vendor for a sad 4 silver. It’s disgustingly bad. How can anyone deny this?

(edited by Nova.8021)

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

But on topic, I think that if this was really an issue we’d have seen far more complaints about it since launch.

Considering how complaints are often met on these forums I’m not surprised it would be drowned out by others and by flaming.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I just wanted to drop by and say that Ive been playing for two years and the default bank space is pretty poor. Maybe if you’re in the crowd where you barely have enough money to pay for a waypoint it’s fine. But for others that actually have assets it is a nightmare. I have 5 tabs and 2 personal guild banks to help manage the insanity

It’s only gotten worse too. We keep being given more account bound tonics and the like that if we destroy then they are gone forever. Ascended rings that we can do nothing with but hold onto or vendor for a sad 4 silver. It’s disgustingly bad. How can anyone deny this?

Ascended rings are simple to me: they’re like any other equipment. If they have good stats I give them to the character who can use them, if not (or if I’ve already got that stat combination) I get rid of them, in this case sell them.

Sure they don’t sell for much, but it’s better than wasting bank space on an item you’re never actually going to use.

(Admittedly I do have 2 in my bank currently, but they’re for my guardian who isn’t level 80 yet.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Vayne.8563

Considering how complaints are often met on these forums I’m not surprised it would be drowned out by others and by flaming.

It didn’t stop complaints about the trait system. It didn’t stop complaints about the NPE. It didn’t stop complaints about the personal story changes. It didn’t stop people complaining that there was no expansion coming.

There’s zero evidence that complaints don’t get aired on these forums. Most posts on these forums are complaints. The fact that there are more negative threads than positive is evidence of that.

If bag space were a major issue, we’d have heard about it like all the other issues we’ve heard about.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

and its a joke that hasn’t worked fine for lots and lots of people as well.

more people in this thread seem to think that it’s fine than not. Why aren’t these lots and lots of people here complaining then?

Because this thread indicates the population right?.. This thread has simply be bombarded by the white knight crusade, nothing more.

It’s not the thread that indicates it’s right … it’s 2.5 years of it being established as is that makes it right. No one here has demonstrated it needs to change unless buckets of tears are compelling arguments.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

I agree OP, this game throws so much crap at you but it’s also designed that you never know when that crap might be useful so god forbid you delete it. I have mule toons fully slotted with 18+ slot bags but even they are to the point of capacity and I also disagree with inventory space becoming justification for micro-transactions. It should be made easy and effortless at purchase through to veteran status.

The 250 stack cap is BS…plain and simple.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

Complaints like this are only justified if this was an MMO with a required subscription.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

No really cares that to get decent bag space you have to do stuff like mules, guild banks and keep items on mails?

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

No really cares that to get decent bag space you have to do stuff like mules, guild banks and keep items on mails?

Would more initial space be nice? I suppose so. Is it a big deal for me? Not really. Material storage means a lot more to me than the base slots, and we get plenty of that. I have other concerns that, for me, make this one seem exceedingly trivial. Start with needing to spam “Join in…” to use the taxi workaround just to get into an instance with people I want to play with.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I don’t do any of those things and have what I would consider, “decent,” space. I would love more, but its a product for which I would expect to pay. So far the cost has outweighed the potential benefit for me. When that changes I will buy more.

I really do not understand how, “I want something so I guess I better pay for it,” became a foreign concept (this is not directed at you Wethospu).

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

I don’t do any of those things and have what I would consider, “decent,” space. I would love more, but its a product for which I would expect to pay. So far the cost has outweighed the potential benefit for me. When that changes I will buy more.

I really do not understand how, “I want something so I guess I better pay for it,” became a foreign concept (this is not directed at you Wethospu).

probably because they did pay for it.
Now, i know they need to earn money, but you guys need to stop acting like people didnt buy the product.

and before you say that didnt pay for 2 years of development, please note the last two of these threads were started by new players, who have actually paid within the last month or so, for the game. They actually have gotten very little of the content that was created since the game started, due to most living story disappearing, and the fact that new content costs money if you werent around when it came out. Combine that with an upcoming expansion, and the argument that they should pay in bank spaces, for development that they never got to experience is a bad reason.

Banks space effects how you play the game from day 1, they have a valid complaint if the initial bank space is a problem.

Ashen.2907

No, they did not pay for more space than was provided. They paid for what was included at the time of the purchase. Anything more than that is an extra purchase, something for which they have not paid.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

No, they did not pay for more space than was provided. They paid for what was included at the time of the purchase. Anything more than that is an extra purchase, something for which they have not paid.

they paid for an mmorpg game, it didnt say on the box that it had 30 bank spaces. By your definition, everything that happens in the game, you shouldnt complain about, because you didnt pay for something other than what you recieved.

you didnt pay for equality among classes, you paid for whatever balance the game shipped with
you didnt pay for better enemy AI, you paid for the AI at the time of sale.

the fact that you paid for something does not reduce your ability to complain about its condition when you recieved it, it actually increases that ability.

Ashen.2907

they paid for an mmorpg game, it didnt say on the box that it had 30 bank spaces. By your definition, everything that happens in the game, you shouldnt complain about, because you didnt pay for something other than what you recieved.

you didnt pay for equality among classes, you paid for whatever balance the game shipped with
you didnt pay for better enemy AI, you paid for the AI at the time of sale.

the fact that you paid for something does not reduce your ability to complain about its condition when you recieved it, it actually increases that ability.

The owner of the product sells additional bank space. It is one of their products, separate from the initial box/game purchase (which I knew about pre-launch, I cannot speak for others’ knowledge though). I suppose if Anet decides at some point to sell game balance as a separate product we will have to look at that then.

That said, I didn’t say that people shouldn’t complain. I do think that looking at a product on the shelf and saying, “I should get it for free,” is different than asking for improvements to an existing product, but if Anet decides, based on complaints, to give away one of their products (bag space) more power to those asking. Personally I would rather see convenience items like bag space in the gemstore than some other options.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

. . . I’m going to point out how that argument sounds completely strange, and probably wouldn’t translate to actual physical goods at all.

Though I must say, I don’t recall there being complaints about buying the D&D Player’s Handbook and how it didn’t contain content which was being sold in the other manuals or splatbooks . . . it was understood entirely if you wanted to get access to the more broken aspects of 3.5 you needed those extra books. (And, similarly, 4th edition.)

There’s a lot of weird arguments going on about this whole bank space thing, in fact, it’s starting to get to the point someone should be charging admission and selling popcorn.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

They should give us more storage space and make the wallet support ascended mats, cuase that’s rly filling up. And when you lock up 1 bag spot for one charcter it should do the same for every other characters you have. Having 8 chars and having to buy more storage for them all will be sickening expensive!

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

Obtena.7952

^^ I like this guy. Just when people think it’s unreasonable to some more bank space, this dude thinks it should just unlock all sorts of space on whatever characters you have. Why not ask for the moon if you can? Awesome.

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

The moon is where i want it to be so it’s okey that i don’t have it. xD

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

(edited by Timelord.8190)

dietzero.3514

^^ I like this guy. Just when people think it’s unreasonable to some more bank space, this dude thinks it should just unlock all sorts of space on whatever characters you have. Why not ask for the moon if you can? Awesome.

His suggestion about bag slots being unlocked on all characters is quite common and not unreasonable.

Obtena.7952

I guess that’s a matter of opinion then. I happen to think that even if it is a common request (I don’t see the threads that show it’s common), that doesn’t automatically make it reasonable. I happen to want this game to sustain itself, so I don’t feel that reducing revenue for players that can’t manage their inventories is reasonable at all.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

dietzero.3514

This is not launch. The income Anet get from bag slot sales is probably less than 1% of their total income. Most people do not even buy them because they are so overpriced.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

This is not launch. The income Anet get from bag slot sales is probably less than 1% of their total income. Most people do not even buy them because they are so overpriced.

Bag slots? Yeah, a bit overpriced.

And yet, apparently it’s a “must-have” rather than “do without” so it must not be that far overpriced.

Vayne.8563

Now, i know they need to earn money, but you guys need to stop acting like people didnt buy the product.

and before you say that didnt pay for 2 years of development, please note the last two of these threads were started by new players, who have actually paid within the last month or so, for the game. They actually have gotten very little of the content that was created since the game started, due to most living story disappearing, and the fact that new content costs money if you werent around when it came out. Combine that with an upcoming expansion, and the argument that they should pay in bank spaces, for development that they never got to experience is a bad reason.

Banks space effects how you play the game from day 1, they have a valid complaint if the initial bank space is a problem.

Sure but quite a few of those players got the game with the additions for $20 or some even $10. So you’re saying a person who buys the game for $10 should have free access to everything including bank space?

I wonder what percentage of those new players bought the game at full price.

Posted by: Irvine.3487

Irvine.3487

Increase stack size from 250 to 500. Problem reasonably solved.

dietzero.3514

So my brother is going to buy another account for space, instead of buying space.

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

and then theres that cheep personal guild bank storage that beats any f2p ,and perhaps p2p mmos out there……

dietzero.3514

So my brother is going to buy another account for space, instead of buying space.

Good for him if he likes the inconvenience of mailing items back and forth between accounts. Or using a guild bank and having to login between accounts to access it.

Either way Anet got paid so I’m sure they are not concerned with what method your brother took to increase space.

I am sure he will live…

And the game currently costs slightly more than a bank tab. That is pretty ridiculous.

Posted by: Xytl.8659

Xytl.8659

For OP:

I have played this game for 2,168 hours. I only have one bank tab, to share between 8 level 80 characters, and a storage character. You make sacrifices, but it’s not impossible. Get over it or charge gems.

Aratyl ~Gate of Madness
Co-Leader of the Get Fresh Crew