Banners and feasts on map

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Often when you go to an event, somebody kindly drops a guild banner (thank you to those kind souls) or a feast of food, but neither of these appear on the map (afaik), yet boxes of fun do. I’d like to suggest that food/banners should appear as icons on the map. For the sake of performance and what not, you could have them appear only when you’re sufficiently close – e.g. at SB, you’d only see them if you were in the swamp, and not at the other end of the map.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Solid request. Sounds legit. Bonus points if the banners and othe guild consumables actually used the guild’s emblem.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

Sounds like a good idea

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Incidentally, does the guild that places the banner get anything from people (of other guilds) using it? If not, maybe they should get a little bit of compensation (guild commendation?) for each player (not of that guild – to avoid exploitation) that uses their banner (once per person per banner). It would encourage generosity and help smaller guilds for whom crafting banners might be prohibitive cost-wise. Then again.. I can see ways of exploiting this by having two large guilds cooperate to click each other’s banners. The reward would have to be something that makes this not worthwhile. A tricky subject. Well, it was just a thought.

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

What a great idea.

I dropped a tray of food in readiness for Maw the other day and the only way I could pin point it was to jump up and down like an idiot (I don’t have a tag).

Posted by: piza.9310

piza.9310

Seems nice, would make it easier to spot it.

Posted by: Llethander.3972

Llethander.3972

I’d buy this for a dollar. It’s a nice idea, I like it.

Posted by: kfc.8170

kfc.8170

I like this idea a lot, it would be a GREAT community-based addon, even more so if it was an on-off option in your options menu, and even better a name of the person who dropped it. This coming from someone who has had at 1 point 250 hero banners and got a few thank you’s along the way
+1 this if you agree even if you got nothing else to add to it, lets make this possible!

Posted by: Baamoink.4281

Baamoink.4281

I agree with this idea.

Guild: Mantle Assasins [MA] – Guild Leader
Server: Far Shiverpeaks EU

Posted by: Kairyu.9672

Kairyu.9672

+1 Great idea. I agree with this.

Posted by: Aeon.4127

Aeon.4127

+1 hands down, would be amazing!

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Incidentally, does the guild that places the banner get anything from people (of other guilds) using it? If not, maybe they should get a little bit of compensation (guild commendation?) for each player (not of that guild – to avoid exploitation) that uses their banner (once per person per banner). It would encourage generosity and help smaller guilds for whom crafting banners might be prohibitive cost-wise. Then again.. I can see ways of exploiting this by having two large guilds cooperate to click each other’s banners. The reward would have to be something that makes this not worthwhile. A tricky subject. Well, it was just a thought.

I think Resonance would be the perfect reward for people using your banners. Commendations are inappropriate as they are personal rewards, and favor and guild ore would also be appropriate as they are tied to very specific things (the mine and guild missions specifically)

Considering that it takes hundreds or thousands of resonance to insta-complete most things, granting guilds like 1-5 resonance would be a nice but not essential way to reward generosity, by making it faster for you to greate more banners or decorations. Resonance also has maultiple input methods, you can get it from playing with guildies, or they can donate gold to the trader to generate some for you in amounts of 100.

Thus, resonance doesn’t actively conflict with or alter the overall economic picture of the guild in question as all it does is decrease build times on consumables, so it would be a perfect “thanks” for people using your banners.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ