Bard Character

Bard Character

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Raiff.6742

Raiff.6742

Hey everyone, I’m returning to the game in anticipation of the new expansion. I want to play something like a Bard (poet/musician with magic and combat abilities). I’m wondering which class would best exemplify this. I’m thinking Mesmer, but it doesn’t seem quite right. Can anyone give me some pointers?

Thank you.

Bard Character

Posted by: Skittish.4539

Skittish.4539

Bard Character

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

after reading your question and looking it up on google . sadly to say in guild wars 2 unlike Skyrim

their is no type of toon like that at all in this game . BUT all the toons in this game can play musical instruments also in this game their is no toon that best exemplify this. at all. but the most closets you will get to that is Mesmer even tho as I already said all toons in this game can and do play music in this game in towns and as well as in the open world too .

so even if you make a elements or necro you can still play musical instruments

no new system upgrades coming

Bard Character

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Equip and carry around a Harp instrument thing when you’re out of combat. Taa daa! All jokes aside Gw2 doesn’t have a ‘bard’ class… I mean… maybe you could get away with Tempest seeing as they get the warhorn as their weapon and that makes sounds.. right?

Bard Character

Posted by: STIHL.2489

STIHL.2489

Hey everyone, I’m returning to the game in anticipation of the new expansion. I want to play something like a Bard (poet/musician with magic and combat abilities). I’m wondering which class would best exemplify this. I’m thinking Mesmer, but it doesn’t seem quite right. Can anyone give me some pointers?

Thank you.

Bards are often portrayed as medium armored rapier users, that use arcane (as opposed to a rangers natural) magic to give them an edge in combat.. so.. if you want play a bard in GW2, I would suggest playing a Thief Daredevil, and dress really foppish.. also carry around a musical thingy..

There are two kinds of gamers, salty, and extra salty

Bard Character

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

Bards were fun and viable in Final Fantasy….great support class!!

Bard Character

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

What is the deal with people and wanting a bard class?

Bard Character

Posted by: akenoyuki.8210

akenoyuki.8210

This would be good for april’s fool video xD

- Guild Wars 2 Helper Android App -
* Event Timer (including HoT Meta), Daily, WvW, Pact Supply, Account. Trading Post, etc:
* Google Playstore Link

Bard Character

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Haha, I remember that video. We were all waiting for that final class reveal but all basically suspected it would be mesmer. Who knows, maybe one day they really will make a Minstrel elite spec for Mesmers.

Bard Character

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

From a D&D background, I think a Thief elite spec would fit the archetype. Maybe a support oriented spec and make their instruments have similar mechanics to Engineer kits or Ele weapons.

(edited by onevstheworld.2419)

Bard Character

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

Nostalgia… vorpal blades, saving throws, d20’s.

(That’s AD&D for all you young-ens)

Bard Character

Posted by: YarrCaptainJuan.7248

YarrCaptainJuan.7248

Loved my Bard in the Baldur’s Gate / IWD games. Pick pocket had a cross bow and some
Magic. Plus funny commentary.

Bard Character

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

Jack-of-all-trades type character which is generally useless except in specific circumstances? Roll an ele, grab The Minstrel, go full Minstrel stats and use shouts.

Bard Character

Posted by: Halan.7931

Halan.7931

I always thought that most bards (in fantasy fiction) are obnoxious flamboyant persons, that also play tricks on others.

And that’s exactly what mesmers are.

Bard Character

Posted by: Nightweaver.6271

Nightweaver.6271

Mesmer, get rapier skin for sword.

Go Minstril gear with Mantra’s (you chant the words when preparing them) and supplement with inspiration trait line for AoE buffs and heals.

Plenty of fitting transmogs in light armor category as well.

Best fit I an think of.

Your residential know it all!
Keepers of Memory.[FADE]

Bard Character

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

My EQ1 bard was awesome and accepted donations for drags across West Karana; such awesome run speed. My EQ2 dirge didn’t have speed and didn’t require the physical dexterity (RSI from twisting much?) but was dead fun to play as a Jack-of-all-trades.

Nearest I can get to the dirge in GW2 us my ranger. He has a lute and a drum which he/I can’t play and are useless in combat but hey…

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up