Base profession vs Elite

Base profession vs Elite

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mirrodin.8729

Mirrodin.8729

what are the base professions that can compete with elites? pvp, wvw and pve

so far i have seen (imo) chrono beats base guard and base mesmer pve wise

My list would go

-Reaper beats necro in pvp and pve, necro still a thing in wvw zerging and equal in roaming.

-Base warrior beats berserker in any mode

-Base guard beats dragon hunter in pve and wvw, pvp wise dh is a lot better

-Chronomancer beats base mesmer in all 3 modes

-Tempest and druid are too supportive to be better at dpsing than their base partners

-Thief and daredevil are on the same boat, you get spotted, you die, its a tie.

-Engineer i cant speak of both since i just made my engi 80 yesterday and i havent seen any scrapper in action.

-Rev is new, i cant speak yet for it

NOTE: this list goes on my personal opinion just watching other people play said elites, i do not own HoT, need to clarify before the flame war starts

Base profession vs Elite

Posted by: Mirrodin.8729

Mirrodin.8729

BUMP come on, someone must have an opinion

Base profession vs Elite

Posted by: Yobculture.5786

Yobculture.5786

Scrapper is basically an Engineer that can stealth to reset fights/run away.

Far Shiverpeaks

Base profession vs Elite

Posted by: masterJP.5048

masterJP.5048

Have you stood under a temptest’s Lightning storm ? or Flame Storm ? Those do massive damage , While his abilities are heavy support Temptest makes a awesome Auramancer.

I still dont know how to play thief because I die on thief and Daredevil like you said

Lordy Green , THE Elementalist
Angela Sky , THE Guardian
Orochimarei , THE Necromancer

Base profession vs Elite

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

Your thoughts on druid are silly, because it is supportive/does less overall dps it cannot compete? They’re taking away the zerker meta bit by bit. you can’t judge things on dps alone. Today on my druid got alot of kills roaming in wvw. and for daredevil i’m running a p/p sbow build with very little stealth, so being spotted is fine, because i have so many evades… you need to play these elite specs to have a valid opinion on them. it’s just not the same as watching them.

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

Base profession vs Elite

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

Have you stood under a temptest’s Lightning storm ? or Flame Storm ? Those do massive damage , While his abilities are heavy support Temptest makes a awesome Auramancer.

Don’t worry. Nerf will be incoming for Tempest Overloads. It will happened when the whiners whines about how OP the Tempest is and Arenanet actually listens to these whiners.