Battle Sims = GW2

Battle Sims = GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

hokey what is going on ? were is the EPIC BATTLES
all i see in this game is skin collecting, i don’t feel powerful at all no mater what you do !
why not get stats to every skin, that reelect the skin look

fire skin = fire damage or fire skills
ice skin = ice damage or ice skills
skin for a rifle that make it look bigger = more damage less acc
skin of a rifle that make it look smaller = more acc less damage

STATS FOR A DYE YOU USE
red dye = fire protection
black dye = projectile protection
blue dye = ice protection (here you can put like heavy ice map and to survive the cold you need to dye your armor blue the same go for fire dye IS NOT THAT AWESOME ? )

all i see when i log in is DEAM MORE LAG in wvw, pvp is kittened. all dunjens are the same GRIND GRIND GRIND for what ? a skin o_o most skins like like crap with NO imagination put it !

and put more maps in FOTM
make a difference when you input time in the game ! You are afraid that if you make some ppl to powerful others will complain, offcorse they will but most of them will strife to become that powerful !

that mean legendarys will give MORE stats and there is good reason to try to get them.
right now there is NO PRACTICAL REASON TO GET THEM !
it is all vanity THIS GAME IS ALL VANITY !
the hell o_o

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

Battle Sims = GW2

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Yeah, the game started out along a horizontal progression path, but I really don’t understand your complaint about lack of stat progression. They moved from horizontal to vertical progression back in November. A legendary weapon will always have the highest stats in the game. As the power level increases so will the legendary. This is actually what is legendary about a legendary now. It’s grind insurance for the weapon slot.

Battle Sims = GW2

Posted by: PainShot.7154

PainShot.7154

all i see when i log in is DEAM MORE LAG

+1000

Battle Sims = GW2

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Yes, when you dye your armor red you should get fire resistance.

Arenanet hire this man.

Edit:
Molten Alliance mining pick should give you 10% reduction in fire damage taken.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

(edited by Wolfheart.1938)

Battle Sims = GW2

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Yes, when you dye your armor red you should get fire resistance.

Arenanet hire this man.

Couldn’t believe it when I read it…

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Battle Sims = GW2

Posted by: beren.6048

beren.6048

It is like that in, more or less, in many other games. Though I like improving my characters stats as well as armor look and by in large I agree with what you say. But this is not the game to get this. Here they are allergic for gear progression and it is useless to propose such.

Battle Sims = GW2

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

+1000

+2000

Battle Sims = GW2

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Posts like this make it really hard for those of us actually trying to help the game… lol

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Battle Sims = GW2

Svetli.4276

help the game do not let it become sims
just skins skins and more skins

Battle Sims = GW2

Wolfheart.1938

Ascended food buffs.

Gives about 500 stat points, lasts half an hour, costs about 3g to make.

Arenanet hire me!!!

Battle Sims = GW2

Posted by: cuasilk.6927

cuasilk.6927

I think this the “suggestion” thread with the worst ideas in the whole forum.

For starters, there’s no such thing as elemental damage in this game.

Lastly: no, it is not awesome, it is awful though.

Battle Sims = GW2

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Terrible idea. OP. And you know if Aeonblade and I agree…it’s just wrong. lmao

Battle Sims = GW2

Posted by: Basharic.1654

Basharic.1654

No, just no.

I came to this game to get away from vertical progression. Ascended stats stink and should never have been put in. They could have added the agony resist slot to exotics and called it good with the new skins. If you want that kind of ball-gargling stat juggling go play any of the other bajillion MMOs that have it.

GW2 is not that kind of game, stop touching it there.

Battle Sims = GW2

Wolfheart.1938

On an slightly unrelated note, new steampunk-ish armor skins have been datamined! Hooray for new armors!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/New-Armor-Sets-1/first

Battle Sims = GW2

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

+1000

+2000

+9001

Question: what is the point in giving the freedom to dye gear however they want if they’re only going to be force into dyeing certain colours?

Second, there isn’t any damage types outside of Direct and DoT. Personally, I’m glad, since I don’t want to be forced into using certain skins to do content.

I personally prefer having no gear treadmill, not being forced to do one type of content in order to do another. It’s the reason I play this and GW.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Battle Sims = GW2

Svetli.4276

so instead of being ’forced" to have some kid of FUN PLAY
go collect stupid useless tonics pets USELESS skins BAD REWARD EVENTS bad overall drops (there is no point in killing ANY monsters what so ever)

why do you play this game ? to look like everyone else and to do the same they do ? or you wona feel like you ACCOMPLISH SOMETHING not only in your char but your acc over all
fight now i feel like doing the same thing and no progress at all o_o
i don’t feel powerful at all, AND SKINS AND TONICS do not change that
ok why not transform with tonic and the mobs don’t hurt you ? like they think you are one of them WHY NOT ? THIS IS GOOD PURPOSE OF A TONIC !
this game is all gimic and no practical use at all
like anet is afraid that if they put any kid of personalization OF THE STATUS everyone will stick to 1 build or stack 1 status and brake the game
well if you DO NOT HOW TO BALANCE A GAME that is not ower problem is it ?
you are million dollar company and have no idea how to make a game THAT NOT ONLY LOOK GREAT but actually is great
cuz this is all GW2 is, all looks ONLY LOOKS, skins, pets ><

after new year and all this new SLICK LOOKING EVENTS that make me sick the only practical things i find in gem store is the never endless mining pick and harvesting cycle
when you make casual game WITH HARD CORE RNG of the type “BUY 100000000000000 chests with gems to get this token and then get the useless skin” why not just put the tokens for gems ? WHY THE F RNG IN THIS CHESTS ?
wtf

Battle Sims = GW2

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’ve accomplished stuff in real life. I don’t have to accomplish stuff in a game to feel good about myself.

Battle Sims = GW2

Posted by: Deadcell.9052

Deadcell.9052

all i see in this game is skin collecting, i don’t feel powerful at all no mater what you do !
why not get stats to every skin, that reelect the skin look

fire skin = fire damage or fire skills
ice skin = ice damage or ice skills
skin for a rifle that make it look bigger = more damage less acc
skin of a rifle that make it look smaller = more acc less damage

STATS FOR A DYE YOU USE
red dye = fire protection
black dye = projectile protection
blue dye = ice protection (here you can put like heavy ice map and to survive the cold you need to dye your armor blue the same go for fire dye IS NOT THAT AWESOME ? )

all i see when i log in is DEAM MORE LAG in wvw, pvp is kittened. all dunjens are the same GRIND GRIND GRIND for what ? a skin o_o most skins like like crap with NO imagination put it !

and put more maps in FOTM
make a difference when you input time in the game ! You are afraid that if you make some ppl to powerful others will complain, offcorse they will but most of them will strife to become that powerful !

that mean legendarys will give MORE stats and there is good reason to try to get them.
right now there is NO PRACTICAL REASON TO GET THEM !
it is all vanity THIS GAME IS ALL VANITY !
the hell o_o

Sadly its not about all vanity anymore due to every new skin being stuck behind a very expensive RNG door. GW2 is all about burning players for as much cash as possible for little to nothing in return.

Battle Sims = GW2

Posted by: Paponzi.1637

Paponzi.1637

So many bad ideas in a single topic XD

Battle Sims = GW2

Wolfheart.1938

What you wish for may not be what everyone wishes for.

Battle Sims = GW2

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Terrible idea. OP. And you know if Aeonblade and I agree…it’s just wrong. lmao

Pretty much this. It would be like a surprise peace treaty in Israel!

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Battle Sims = GW2

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

go collect stupid useless tonics pets USELESS skins BAD REWARD EVENTS bad overall drops (there is no point in killing ANY monsters what so ever)

Please, go ahead and tell me what I find fun.

I don’t consider being forced to do something I don’t want to fun.
I don’t find having to grind out a new set of gear, only to have to replace it the month after because it’s now useless, fun.

I also play the game not for rewards and drops, but for the game itself. I don’t find the most efficient way to do stuff, I don’t make sure I have the most optimal build (when playing alone) at the sacrifice of how I want to play.

why do you play this game ? to look like everyone else and to do the same they do ? or you wona feel like you ACCOMPLISH SOMETHING not only in your char but your acc over all
fight now i feel like doing the same thing and no progress at all o_o

But if I have to dye my armour in order to do certain content, I’ll look like everyone else anyway…

And I accomplish things and progress in life. I play games for entertainment and enjoyment. I don’t play to progress, I progress because I play.

i don’t feel powerful at all, AND SKINS AND TONICS do not change that
ok why not transform with tonic and the mobs don’t hurt you ? like they think you are one of them WHY NOT ? THIS IS GOOD PURPOSE OF A TONIC !

And how do you feel powerful with a gear treadmill? Sure, you feel powerful when you got the best gear, but you immediately go back to being weak when the next bunch of gear comes out.

Do you really feel powerful when you’ve battled the most fearsome enemies to get the best gear, only for it to be replaced by gear you get for killing 10 normal enemies?

Also, no game is of practical use outside of entertainment.

like anet is afraid that if they put any kid of personalization OF THE STATUS everyone will stick to 1 build or stack 1 status and brake the game
well if you DO NOT HOW TO BALANCE A GAME that is not ower problem is it ?

While I agree balance needs to be worked on, regardless of how many potential builds you put in, the min-maxers will always choose the most efficient builds (whether this be team or profession) to clear content. That will never change.

you are million dollar company and have no idea how to make a game THAT NOT ONLY LOOK GREAT but actually is great
cuz this is all GW2 is, all looks ONLY LOOKS, skins, pets ><

Unfortunately, whether you regard GW2 as a great game or not is a matter of opinion. You don’t speak for everyone. Just saying.

I consider GW2 to be a great game, if a little rough around the edges. A great game doesn’t need to have continual stat progression, or to force people into playing a certain way to get the best gear. It doesn’t need to be ‘practical’, as long as it is entertaining.

If it wasn’t, I wouldn’t be playing it.

after new year and all this new SLICK LOOKING EVENTS that make me sick the only practical things i find in gem store is the never endless mining pick and harvesting cycle

A cosmetic cash shop with convenience items isn’t a bad thing, since it helps keep it away from the realms of P2W. There are many players out there who buy cosmetic items. If they didn’t, ANet wouldn’t bother producing them.

when you make casual game WITH HARD CORE RNG of the type “BUY 100000000000000 chests with gems to get this token and then get the useless skin” why not just put the tokens for gems ? WHY THE F RNG IN THIS CHESTS ?
wtf

The only thing I agree with.

However, they did have the Wintersday weapons for sale as were without the RNG. Chances are, their figures showed that the RNG was more profitable.

Also, remember NCSoft is in charge of monetisation, not ANet.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Battle Sims = GW2

Posted by: Camaro Charr.2805

Camaro Charr.2805

Rich Dragon Coffers now offer you a small chance at dropping an Epic Battle.

RE- Red Essence
Dragonband

Battle Sims = GW2

Posted by: Enokitake.1742

Enokitake.1742

fight now i feel like doing the same thing and no progress at all o_o i don’t feel powerful at all, AND SKINS AND TONICS do not change that

Good. Because you’ve missed the point of the game.

The game isn’t based on “progress” in the form of endless gear treadmilling. GW1 wasn’t based on progress in that form either.

Any difference in performance between players comes solely from builds and skilled play, which you use to acquire and ascend through status/social titles or ranks. Not “OMGfullpurplegearlol1shoteveryone” and BS dye effects. That’s the way it should be. I don’t want to get 4 shot by anyone with a legendary and ascended gear with their armor dyed red and over-sized weapon skin. F that.

Gw2 has two problems compared to GW1. The first is that no secondary professions has greatly reduced the amount of experimentation a person has with their characters compared to GW1. Thus you run out of fresh things to do faster. Hopefully expansions fix this by letting you select the specific weapon skills you can carry with each weapon: swap out sword 2/3 skills. Change shield skills, change great-sword skills, etc.

Another problem is they need more PVP modes that are rewarding and not zerg v zerg or static conquer. I’d recommend reviving Death Match team battle and hotjoin modes for those who want those options. Also 12v12 alliance battle (3 teams of 4 people or 4 teams of 3 people) from gw1 and making it server based, and giving it impact on server tiers alongside WvW. I’d play that all day.

“CoF P1 Run Looking for zerk mesmer, 4 zerk warriors, dyed red, bring charr tonics, oversized greatsword sword axe skins, legendary weapons only, Two minute runs!!!”

yeah, that’s so much better than before…

Everyone doesn’t run 1 build now. They also don’t look the same. If the game is “skins skins skins” how can you argue that everyone looks the same? That doesn’t make sense.

(edited by Enokitake.1742)