Battle music and custom playlists

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Knightlight.7691

Knightlight.7691

Back story that’s relevant to my question: I played this from 2nd beta to tower of nightmares before taking a break. During that time my custom music set for battles played regularly like it was supposed to, usually against at least 3 enemies or against a single champ. I recently came back after HoT’s announcement and noticed my battle playlist barely plays anymore. In fact, it only ever seems to play during the vinewrath events where you’re in the 3 lanes. Did they change when battle music occurs?

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

They changed how custom playlists worked in a recent patch. First thing they changed is the MainMenu playlist stops as soon as you load a character. Second, it seems that certain areas play certain tracks first. So, a ‘silence.mp3’ is almost useless.

BossBattle still plays for me, but Battle also rarely plays. I don’t know why.

And personally, it’s a little irritating. I liked how they did it before.

If anything, they should have just changed the BossBattle music to randomize.

Posted by: Jinroh.4251

Jinroh.4251

Yeah the battle music used to play when you fought a lot of mobs. Now it seems to play when you get hit by an attack that does a lot of damage or during scripted events. Boss Battle music still plays as it should.

Knightlight.7691

They changed how custom playlists worked in a recent patch. First thing they changed is the MainMenu playlist stops as soon as you load a character. Second, it seems that certain areas play certain tracks first. So, a ‘silence.mp3’ is almost useless.

BossBattle still plays for me, but Battle also rarely plays. I don’t know why.

And personally, it’s a little irritating. I liked how they did it before.

If anything, they should have just changed the BossBattle music to randomize.

Yeah it irritates me too. Was a neat feature.

Posted by: Pandeh.5248

Pandeh.5248

They really need to fix the music. Sometimes I dont even get any for several minutes. And rarely I get the battle music, and then it only lasts for 10-20 seconds..

AegisRunestone.8672

Has anyone reported this yet?

AegisRunestone.8672

I just reported it as a bug. Let’s hope they fix it.

Posted by: Alpha.1308

Alpha.1308

this has been extremely frustrating for me, as well, as i use an “ambient” playlist and listening to soothing music during an intense wvw fight gets really aggravating

i reported this weeks ago, i was going to start a forum post, but assumed it was on my end
-shrug-
hopefully it fixes soon

as a side note on audio, Death Shroud removing music during fights also irks me
i didn’t add tracks to the built-in playlist to be turned off entirely, if i wanted that, i could have just used a music player and paused it
should at least get quieter with the sound effects playing, rather than be turned off
>,>

(edited by Alpha.1308)

AegisRunestone.8672

this has been extremely frustrating for me, as well, as i use an “ambient” playlist and listening to soothing music during an intense wvw fight gets really aggravating

i reported this weeks ago, i was going to start a forum post, but assumed it was on my end
-shrug-
hopefully it fixes soon

i didn’t add tracks to the built-in playlist to be turned off entirely, if i wanted that, i could have just used a music player and paused it
should at least get quieter with the sound effects playing, rather than be turned off
>,>

I noticed some of my abilities also cancel out music!

Jinroh.4251

-shrug-
hopefully it fixes soon

>,>

Death Shroud seems to just make everything ‘quiet’ like you’re underwater or something. Even regular sound effects have a slightly muffled sound to them. It’s really stupid and wrecks the mood of the music.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

they should’ve put some more time in this system, a lame playlist file doesn’t work as good as you think it is.
first they should make a better way to add music, a more user friendly way.
secondly, there should be allot more categories on adding music.

i don’t want the same music in queensdale that i planned for orr and vise verse, at least be able to add music per region. (like kryta, maguuma jungle, ascalon)

have a map of each category and be able to simply drag the audio file in the map, that way you don’t have to struggle making a playlist and it saves so much time.

AegisRunestone.8672

… bump. >.>; This is IMPORTANT!

Knightlight.7691

Has anyone reported this yet?

Good idea. I just did right now.

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

They really need to fix the music. Sometimes I dont even get any for several minutes. And rarely I get the battle music, and then it only lasts for 10-20 seconds..

This is the major contributing reason as to why I turned off all the music in-game. The start/stopping of the music gives me a headache. If it’s constant I don’t mind it, but it has to be constant, not this stutter in the background.

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

Jinroh.4251

they should’ve put some more time in this system, a lame playlist file doesn’t work as good as you think it is.
first they should make a better way to add music, a more user friendly way.
secondly, there should be allot more categories on adding music.

i don’t want the same music in queensdale that i planned for orr and vise verse, at least be able to add music per region. (like kryta, maguuma jungle, ascalon)

have a map of each category and be able to simply drag the audio file in the map, that way you don’t have to struggle making a playlist and it saves so much time.

I agree with this. The city music I have playing for DR doesn’t sound right playing again in Black Citadel or Hoelbrak.

Not to mention the playlist just gets ignored in certain zones or just NOTHING PLAYS at all.

Posted by: SoulTaker.2093

SoulTaker.2093

oh please anet fix this!!

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

Just giving my voice to this. I also noticed the custom battle music not playing as often as it should. Also when a world boss event starts (Vinewrath, Tequatl, even back at Marionette) it always starts with the same track even though I have a silent randomizer file in the start of the playlist.

Would love to have a better tool for doing the lists too, but I guess them fixing this issue would be a good start already.

Buuuut…. just in case they ever decide to do something more than just fix, It would be quite usefull to have some kind of option to leave the living story soundtracks alone, because the new battle musics ingame are quite good otherwise.

Posted by: Eklipse.2043

Eklipse.2043

Bump for great justice. For me, my custom battle music hasn’t played since one of the more recent updates. At first it would play when I went to half health, which was odd…however since after that patch, it’s never played even when surrounded by higher level mobs while at critical health. It’s only during the assault on the Vinewrath, during personal story missions, or living story missions that it plays. This needs to fixed asap, it’s a mood killer to have the ambient music playing when surrounded by 10+ enemies. >_<

Edit: Come to think of it, I started to noticed it after I participated in the closed beta.

(edited by Eklipse.2043)

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

my battle music still plays constantly in pvp matches and some story instances.

otherwise, yeah, this is intensely frustrating.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

AegisRunestone.8672

I’m hoping for a fix. :/ I think a silence track in our playlists also might be killing us because certain areas start with a certain track. Hence why we might not hear any music.

Regardless, this is something that needs to be repaired.

Also: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Buggy-Custom-playlists

(edited by AegisRunestone.8672)