Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lazuli.2098

Lazuli.2098

Thanks to Michael I tried using /sleep while taking pictures in Divinity’s Reach.

Attachments:

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Lazuli.2098

Met someone who showed me how to get up on the pavilion and then what happens when you jump off the nose of the bird. Got some nice pictures from up there too.

Attachments:

(edited by Lazuli.2098)

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Love those screenshots, keep ‘em coming! (I wish my PC could run at a better quality, but at least I can delight in your SS’s)

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Michael Walker.8150

Michael Walker.8150

@valento, just crank up all settings before you take the screenshot, your computer can still render most settings but don’t expect more than 3-5fps :P

@lazuli
you gotta show me how to get up there, looks really good! is the shot of the watchwork knight from atop there?
check out the upper floor of Logans’ office next time you’re there, the throne room has few spots that work as well

some textures…I can kind of understand why Anet prefers the pov not enabled…

I already hate Orr (again)

pov has flames now!

and I still feel uneasy close to bunnies…

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

The OP mentioned armour details so I thought I’d put in a few shots of some that impress me. So much time and effort must go into some of these.

And yes, I know fire effects are a little cheesey, but on a Sylvari with the night glow going it can look pretty good.

edit: I changed the picture of my Radiant guardian because I it was the patterning around the edges of those skins that I wanted to post, as well as the other nice work for the other gear.

Attachments:

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

(edited by zenleto.6179)

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Lazuli.2098

@lazuli
you gotta show me how to get up there, looks really good! is the shot of the watchwork knight from atop there?

When facing the bird (not sure what kind it is, maybe eagle or hawk) go around on the side walk to the right until the wings touch down. At the second or third panel take a running jump to get up on the wings. You have to hit it just right. (You can probably get up there from the other wing too.) Run all the way up to the top edge and then go toward the center and the head. I captured that picture from close to the tip of the wing.

check out the upper floor of Logans’ office next time you’re there, the throne room has few spots that work as well

I was just in there today getting 100% completion on my last character that I’m leveling to 80 and taking pictures. It was harder keeping my Charr engineer out of the shots. I’ll have to go to the second floor next time I’m in there.

I’m on a picture taking frenzy since reading this thread and finding out where the screenshots are saved and using /sleep.

Love looking at all your pictures and everyone else’s.

(edited by Lazuli.2098)

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Lazuli.2098

So I completed Divinity’s Reach, The Grove, Rata Sum and Bloodtide Coast on my Charr engineer today. Here are some of the pictures I got:

Attachments:

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Michael Walker.8150

gonna comment & post pics later, just tried to get on top of the head and I found you can just walk up one of the beams on the left (I remembered you saying left :P ), it’s the last beam believe.

did you wait for the lightning or does it strike often there? 3rd & 5th I’m gonna steal the perspective hehe

@zenleto
I totally missed the jade weapons :/ Is that aetherblade hammer & armor? I’m trying to go for heavy armor sci-fi -esq with Edah

Attachments:

(edited by Michael Walker.8150)

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

zenleto.6179

Aetherblade heavy shirt and pants. The hammer is the Mecha Anchor. I’m trying to decide whether to pull the natural sigil out or make another hammer and transmute the Mecha skin onto it. I have an unfinished spinal blade backpiece on him as well but obviously its not on show. I think he’s the most “different” character I have.

Oh, and that’s a very nice armour set up on your character there.

(edited by zenleto.6179)

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Lazuli.2098

… just tried to get on top of the head and I found you can just walk up one of the beams on the left (I remembered you saying left :P ), it’s the last beam believe.

did you wait for the lightning or does it strike often there? 3rd & 5th I’m gonna steal the perspective hehe

I will have to try getting up by the beam next time I have character in that area. Did you jump off to see what happens?

In Bloodtide Coast I was across the way getting the vista in the rain and noticed the lightening periodically striking all over the place. I took 3 or 4 pictures of just missing the lightening. I finally noticed there was thunder before the lightening so just managed to catch it when it hit the central tower area.

(edited by Lazuli.2098)

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Bel Geode.8129

Bel Geode.8129

These are all just amazing. If it would not take me like 5 hours to sort through which pictures on my hard drive I like the best, I’d add something LOL!

Find Bel Geode- THE Purple Norn on twitch tv.
“Doing The Dailies " Weeknights at 8PM EST.
http://www.twitch.tv/belgeode

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Lucia The Lightbringer.2568

Lucia The Lightbringer.2568

These are just a few of my favorite spots (I’ll have to find more screenshots later :P )

Attachments:

You’re not a real dragon. You just look like one around the eyes.
#SkrittBackpacks

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Bel Geode.8129

Bel Geode.8129

I kinda really like this area… in dry top.

Attachments:

Find Bel Geode- THE Purple Norn on twitch tv.
“Doing The Dailies " Weeknights at 8PM EST.
http://www.twitch.tv/belgeode

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Lazuli.2098

These are just a few of my favorite spots (I’ll have to find more screenshots later :P )

That’s the lighthouse that I have a picture of getting stuck by lightening. How did you get up there?

I haven’t looked for high places to take pictures before but I think I might be pursuing this in the future.

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Lucia The Lightbringer.2568

Lucia The Lightbringer.2568

That’s the lighthouse that I have a picture of getting stuck by lightening. How did you get up there?

I haven’t looked for high places to take pictures before but I think I might be pursuing this in the future.

I can’t really remember how we got there tbh, guildie showed it to me. I think he used portal guns/rifles and then portaled me up. After that we spent around 2 hours going to all the high places in game and trying to find the highest climbable spot (without exploits and getting outside the map), just using terrain and jump/leap skills.
I believe the vista by the volcano in Mt Maelstrom is the highest spot (at least from the ones that we climbed) but Griffonrook Run JP is pretty close too :P

Sorry for the dark screenshot, it was night time :P

Attachments:

You’re not a real dragon. You just look like one around the eyes.
#SkrittBackpacks

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Lazuli.2098

Tired of thinking about the newest updates and the changes they made to the game. So I decided to go back through some of my pictures. Here are some more from the Grove:

Attachments:

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Lazuli.2098

And now some older pictures before I knew about using /sleep (so my characters are in the frame):

Attachments:

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Belakor.1296

Belakor.1296

Great pics everyone. GW2 really is a great looking game!

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Strali Astralis.4570

Strali Astralis.4570

Thank you for this thread!!! Let’s spread some HAPPINESS and show off why we love this beautiful game!

Attachments:

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Michael Walker.8150

I made the quaggan one brighter because the original is so dark :/

you can’t sleep underwater I think (forgot to even try) but if you face a wall and then turn around, you should be able to remove the ghosting.

They also changed the camera crops, check out the comparison below, much better

@lazuli
I actually enjoy most of the changes, so I didn’t spend as much time taking pov screenshots.

Nice shots from the grove, gotta point the camera down as well!

(also, you can combine the box of chocolate and sleep to realize some more stuff)

And yes, of course I jumped down, it’s an elevated position…you just have to?
Thx for the info with the lighthouse, does anybody know any site that tracks the gw2 weather? :P

Thank you for this thread!!! Let’s spread some HAPPINESS and show off why we love this beautiful game!

that last one! some flowers have really high res textures, I gotta try something like that

@zenleto
yeah, I really gotta buy the heavy aetherblade….
leave the skin or maybe check out the pact hammer, I’m collecting all those over the next year or so…

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

zenleto.6179

Thanks for trying to get this back on the front page. Nice to see nice things.

MW, I’ve decided to make another hammer and just reskin it. Don’t know why I was even considering the other.

And I sort of find this one a bit of alright

Attachments:

(edited by zenleto.6179)

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Posted by: MrWubzy.3587

MrWubzy.3587

Just thought I’d throw in a couple of my own screenshots here. Of some really great landscapes and areas.

1. An image from the diving platform in the initial area of Dry Top. Beautiful cliffs and cloud cover!

2. A really cool shot of one of the final Personal Story missions (asura, Order of Whispers) where you enter a mech suit and fight a bunch of undead. Amazing visuals!

3. I’m sure everyone knows of this, but it’s an early vista in the norn starting area showing off the four statues of the animal spirits.

4. A shot of my guardian sitting in a Svanir throne near their killing field on the northernmost point in the norn starting area.

Attachments:

| Biyx [Guardian] ; Aika Vonelli [Ranger] |
| Proud roleplayer! |
| Biyx’s All-For-Nothing Challenge |

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Lazuli.2098

I really enjoy seeing everyone’s pictures.

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Hybrid.7059

Hybrid.7059

I like the first screenshot the best because it leaves a lot of room for imagination. You’ll probably never know how beautiful it actually was at that time. Jokez

Attachments:

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Cartheb.4861

Cartheb.4861

Quaggan Tonics are the best thing that happened to this game

Attachments:

Beware the Dark Lord Poobadoo

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Lazuli.2098

Some pictures from DryTop:

Attachments:

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Ryan Mozo.9581

Ryan Mozo.9581

Guys, this thread is fantastic!! I love all of the pictures you’ve all came up with Sadly the pictures I’ve taken are all at the lowest settings cause I didn’t know about the “turn it to high settings just for a picture” trick.. So I can’t really contribute anything more than what you all have.. But I appreciate all those who contributed their awesome pics!

Let’s keep it going!

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Lazuli.2098

I was on a picture taking spree today while completing various zones on several of my characters:

(edited by Lazuli.2098)

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

zenleto.6179

I was on picture taking spree today while completing various zones on several of my characters:

Love the second one, and the last two are very nice also. That second one looks like the complete opposite of the landscape I posted on page one.

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

Here are some of my favorite screenshots that I’ve taken. I really like the detail that goes into the landscapes of GW2 and it’s sky. I spent a long time never looking at the sky, but now I do and it’s amazing. Sorry they’re all different sizes, I play in a window and sometimes I snag the edges while playing.

Attachments:

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Lazuli.2098

I was on picture taking spree today while completing various zones on several of my characters:

Love the second one, and the last two are very nice also. That second one looks like the complete opposite of the landscape I posted on page one.

Thanks. Glad you liked them. I had to go back and check out your landscape. They may be completely different but equally beautiful. There’s something peaceful and quite about the landscapes in the snow covered Shiverpeak zones. Did you take your screenshot in Lornar’s Pass during the time that LA was being invaded? I miss those balloon ride shortcuts between the 3 camps.

I don’t take many pictures in the Ascalon areas but today the sky was so blue and the afternoon sun glowed golden pink through the haze from the Branded areas in Blazeridge Stepps.

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

I have tons of screenshots, but i’ll just add one for now, too tired lol. This is a shot from Dry Top in the Oasis.

Attachments:

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Lazuli.2098

Here are some of my favorite screenshots that I’ve taken. I really like the detail that goes into the landscapes of GW2 and it’s sky. I spent a long time never looking at the sky, but now I do and it’s amazing. Sorry they’re all different sizes, I play in a window and sometimes I snag the edges while playing.

Aguri I agree about GW2’s landscapes and sky. I like all your picture but I really like your second picture – the moon and the clouds, the barren trees, the pumpkin, the lanterns and the little pet traveling down the road. Very atmospheric and perfect for this time of year. Also like that you got a picture of your Asura falling. Great shot.

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Lazuli.2098

I have tons of screenshots, but i’ll just add one for now, too tired lol. This is a shot from Dry Top in the Oasis.

I really like this shot. Please show us more of yours.

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Tiger Ashante.1792

Well ok here are a few more.
1) Timberline Falls
2) Black Citadel
3) Sunset in Cursed Shores
4) Lonar Pass
4) Moonlight Walk – Gendarran Fields

Attachments:

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

zenleto.6179

Thanks. Glad you liked them. I had to go back and check out your landscape. They may be completely different but equally beautiful. There’s something peaceful and quite about the landscapes in the snow covered Shiverpeak zones. Did you take your screenshot in Lornar’s Pass during the time that LA was being invaded? I miss those balloon ride shortcuts between the 3 camps.

I don’t take many pictures in the Ascalon areas but today the sky was so blue and the afternoon sun glowed golden pink through the haze from the Branded areas in Blazeridge Stepps.

Snowden Drifts, just a little east of the Frozen Sweeps wp and looking toward Podaga Steading. It was during the first Queen’s jubilee period when dignitaries were being ballooned into DR from everywhere. I was running a Norn along there the other day at around the same in-game time and the scene wasn’t as nice. Plus, no balloon! The Norn dominated the landscape more than a skinny little Sylvari so I’m glad I was running that little warrior around then.

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Lazuli.2098

Well ok here are a few more.
1) Timberline Falls
2) Black Citadel
3) Sunset in Cursed Shores
4) Lonar Pass
4) Moonlight Walk – Gendarran Fields

I like them all but that’s the best picture I’ve seen of the Black Citadel.

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Posted by: mage.3570

mage.3570

Found a pretty spot this evening when it was twilight in the game and also in real life.

Is that Jora’s great great great great great great grand-daughter???

Been there, done that. What’s next?

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Lazuli.2098

Here is another picture of the jumping puzzle in Frostgorge Sound.

Attachments:

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Tiger Ashante.1792

Here’s another shot from Dry Top.

I really like it, it has a lot of detail in this small area and I use it as my desktop background.

The 2nd shot is of a nice hidden area in Brisban Wildlands.

The 3rd shot is in Lonar Pass and it was a bit of a ‘surprise moment’ as i was trying to take a photo and this beast popped into the picture lol.

Attachments:

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Majsan.5870

Majsan.5870

so I was in Caledon in my Guardian and I just saw this pretty view and almost cried because it was awesome.

Attachments:

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

chilling in Queensdale

Attachments:

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Thanks to Michael I tried using /sleep while taking pictures in Divinity’s Reach.

IF you dun mind, ill take these and make a few high quality Wallpapers :P

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Lazuli.2098

IF you dun mind, ill take these and make a few high quality Wallpapers :P

No problem. Glad you like them.

I’m just starting to appreciate Ascalon more. Here is one of Fort Ebenhark:

Attachments:

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Michael Walker.8150

Darn, sick pictures but still no batch upload function :/

5 a day then

@lazuli
https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/168221/gw339A.jpg
this is shot from on the cliff or on a vine?

@hybrid
https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/167278/gw696.jpg
is this in the void?

@zenleto
Finally gotten myself some aetherblade and magitech armor, too bad the aetherblade heavy female chest is so…not sure what it is. the shoulders are amazing but the male heavy chest is worlds better than the female one, I wish the female had some glowy bits…

do a barrel roll!

Attachments:

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

I’m just gonna post this, because I’m still wondering who built this structure, and what’s the deal with skritt watching a corpse.

Edit: also, confetti.

Attachments:

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

(edited by Marge.4035)

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Some pictures. 15 characters, you know it.

Attachments:

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Hopeless.5403

Hopeless.5403

Yes there are truly amazing areas to check out in gw2. Sadly there isn’t descent zone music to compliment it. It would Be nice if we could create a custom playlist for each zone like we can for cities for example????????????????????

Beauty of Guild Wars 2

Michael Walker.8150

@marge

great…now I want the explorer outfit

@zoid
where did you take the first picture?

4th is sanctum sprint?

something I haven’t seen in first person yet, gonna check it out later

@Hoaxintelligence

http://assets.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/users/1681238/pics/full/2977678.jpg

really nice skybox, where was this if you could share?

Love the vista from DR, some really nice fellow showed me the breakout for LA and DR but I haven’t found real spectacular vistas yet, any hints?

• bloody prince coffin
  • View of Divinity’s Reach
  • Black Citadel from the hills surrounding it
  • even throne rooms have to be cleaned at one point
  • Growing a Trahearne

and some more
https://plus.google.com/photos/114785648822963589773/albums/6085259326608227425?authkey=CLTTy8mErIT6Cw

Attachments:

(edited by Michael Walker.8150)