Becoming very diffuclt to map complete Orr

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I am on Stormbluff isle, arguably one of the most populated servers, and there are only small groups doing events. I havent seen a large zerg in a while, since the patch. I am having a tough time getting to some areas for map completion, including skill points that are flooded with risen and vets, that normally more people would stop by and help out.

A problem.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: JumblyJebus.5903

JumblyJebus.5903

A problem that will be solved over time.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I remember one tough SP on the Cursed Shore map I think that I had to seriously sneak to or use a decoy as it has a Champion right in front of it. Apart from that the only other thing in the 3 maps that could be a problem is one of the priestess alters for another SP. The one in the middle of the circle area high up. That you need a zerg for. Everything else I pretty much soloed on my first two guys.

Having said that, I now have only the 3 Orr maps left for my 3rd char to do for map complete and I will start on that tomorrow, so if I have problems I’ll post back here for an update……..wish me luck I’m using my 1st light armour class lol.

Oh and good luck yourself!

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: wookalar.8952

wookalar.8952

I know for a fact you can solo map completion in Orr zones with guards, engi, mes and thief, cause I’ve done it. Some SPs take a bit of class mechanic manipulation to get them, but doable. Engi was the hardest, especially gettin the temp of balth. (I got temp of balth on all chars while contested).

Nanuuk (80 Mes), Guardian Nuuk (80 Guard),
Warrior Nuuk (80 War)
[ALS], Anvil Rock

Posted by: Baron of Winters.5697

Baron of Winters.5697

I wager that most of the players you’re looking for in Orr are grinding it away in the Fractals now. PVE population was dealt a pretty harsh blow by the 15 November release. I was (note the past-tense) trying to level an alt, but the mid-level zones on my server are even more abandoned.

Posted by: Opsfor.2814

Opsfor.2814

imo, AN need to re-think about Orr in long term. How can a player clear SP with a champion beside it or the high crazy respawn rate in a low population server or in the off-peak hour?
My elementalist need to clear a SP in Cursed Store near Temple of Melandru, i asked for help, there is no one. I remembered in the 1st month of Gw2, that skill point is so easy to clear as there are plenty of people doing it.

Look at the huge amount of contested way-point in Orr. It’s a hint, AN. Really hope AN can do something about it.

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

A problem that will be solved over time.

Yep by bringing out new dungeons for higher tier armour….oh wait, that caused part of the problem.

Never mind.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Posted by: Ruby Red.4019

Ruby Red.4019

I am on Stormbluff isle, arguably one of the most populated servers, and there are only small groups doing events. I havent seen a large zerg in a while, since the patch. I am having a tough time getting to some areas for map completion, including skill points that are flooded with risen and vets, that normally more people would stop by and help out.

A problem.

I think it is a problem contributing to this game being increasingly alt-unfriendly. The"oh but you can solo it" argument doesn’t really wash either – yes you probably can but it becomes very tedious, very fast. Orr needs a reworking for this new vision of the game which has drastically reduced the number of players outside of LA.

Posted by: undouble.1472

undouble.1472

This is an issue even for low-level characters. For example, the “troll cave” in Plains of Ashford. Having to fight (1) Veteran troll solo is bad enough——-having to fight (2) of them, with the ultra-fast res time the trolls have, is impossible SOLO. Add the dearth of players in any given area, and AN has a “problem”. Like most of us, I’m not interested in playing “how quick can I die”!!

Posted by: Fasalina.6571

Fasalina.6571

A problem that will become greater over time.

Fixed it for you

Posted by: Budg.3064

Budg.3064

This was always going to be a problem, I dont know why they didn’t see this coming. Whatever happened to the environment scaling with the people in the area? I’ve yet to see people on their first character successfully solo a champion, no matter how skilled they may be.

If anyone played rift, they had a similar problem with their events after a while. The low level areas were not populated enough to overcome the events and thus no one got any rewards for them as they were never completed. Rift events took over the whole map when they happened meaning if they couldn’t be beaten then whoever was there on that server was screwed until it despawned. They fixed this by adding a rolling debuff to event creatures making them effectivly weaker the longer they remained in the world, or just depawn faster. They also made the rewards relevent to people of all levels, which got people organised in global chat (something GW2 lacks) and travelling around the world to help clear things up.