Before the updates and after

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: PH Law.4063

PH Law.4063

I honestly found GW2 a lot more entertaining before the updates, it seems with each update on “profession balance” makes GW2 less attractive. I can see the expansion be a 2-3 month hype before the nerf bats and “checks and balances” are in play… What is the point of players suggesting or giving feedbacks when Anet is going to ignore them anyways…

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Because players don’t know everything O_o. Anet has access to the actual data relating to professions, how effective they are, how much damage certain builds do, etc. Balance changes are their call and I don’t think there are any instances where they’ve made a bad decision. Of course players are going to get upset over balance changes, meta builds that tend to be a little too powerful get nerfed so they’re more in line with everything else.

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

You think they’ve never made a single bad balance decision? What?

Posted by: Leming.8436

Leming.8436

Hue hue, pistol-pistol, sword-dagger thief, es not OP.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Because there are thousands of players giving (often contradictory) advice, and they can’t listen to and take the advice of every single one of them. I’m no fan of a lot of their decisions over the past twelve months, but saying they don’t listen to the players is rubbish. They absolutely do.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: abbetd.5912

abbetd.5912

I honestly found GW2 a lot more entertaining before the updates, it seems with each update on “profession balance” makes GW2 less attractive. I can see the expansion be a 2-3 month hype before the nerf bats and “checks and balances” are in play… What is the point of players suggesting or giving feedbacks when Anet is going to ignore them anyways…

I take the opposite view on this. Profession balance that never changes gets stagnant and boring. I enjoy when they regularly “shake things up,” so to speak, and force me to adapt. It might mean I have to change how I play my profession, change what weapon set/build/gear I use, or even make me decide to change to a different profession altogether, but that makes it more interesting in my opinion.

And yes, there will definitely be some balance tuning going on for quite a while after HoT goes live. They are introducing an entire new profession that will need to be balanced against all the existing professions.

Posted by: Lampshade.7569

Lampshade.7569

They do not buff skills that are underperforming to avoid power creep. But the nerfs keep coming. Eventually, something else is found more effective. And it gets nerfed. As a result, we get negative power creep, everything gets overnerfed, every profession unhappy. Mission accomplished (: