[Begging]More ways please

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Amnariel.3659

Amnariel.3659

I have no problem with dungeons,pvp,precursor drop rate,balance issues,p2w,abuses,Liadri,living content or anything else that many ppl complain/asks on the forum day by day.
I have a single issue what makes my gaming experience a living hell…and that’s the Map explore and not the 100% completion itself but to get from one map to another first time because as all we know the we play on instanced maps and you can go from one map to another only through ’’portals’’and not like you go on a straight road forward and you can get from Divinity’s reach to Ascalon just for example…
In my opinion there are very few points from where you can travel from a map to another and even those needed to be found nothing shows where you can get through or where to head…sometimes I just wake up walking around and around and there’s no way to pass until I find that single hidden portal…

Please guys,I beg you even if you don’t want to add more portals or doors or call however you want please just make them visible on the map even unexplored to see where I should go to get from A to B.

P.S I know that on the internet are fully explored maps but with those account thefts around I don’t risk anything like this.

Posted by: Raykon.7908

Raykon.7908

I kind of understand where you are coming from. It is kind of odd there there is really only one open portal from one map to another, but i guess I’m used to it from GW1. I think what’s more of an issue is it seemed more seamless in GW1 because every map wasn’t square or rectangular.

I think it would go a long way if they would just make maps into more randomized shapes instead of just boxing them all in with mountains or invisible walls. It seemed like it was easier to naturally find your way to a portal instead of just walking along a wall until you find the opening.

(edited by Raykon.7908)

Posted by: Elathan.4902

Elathan.4902

Have you tried the official wiki?

For example: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Plains_of_Ashford

It’s safe and secure so no risk of your computer getting hacked from it.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Obviously, you feel the Guild Wars 2 family of sites are safe, as you use the forums.

That said, you can find maps on the Wiki and the Atlas that would help you find the Portals. (The Atlas does not have the Portals marked, but Portals usually have a road leading up to them, so it’s not too difficult to guess where they are.)

Good luck.

Amnariel.3659

Thx f the tips and about roads…sometimes leads to other ways but not where I wish to go…

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

That’s actually a very good point. In GW1 the roads travelled in sensible paths taking you from one map to another. Some zones acted as “junction” or “crossroad” zones linking a number of different zones. In those regions there were roads that snaked off towards the portals and following the road guaranteed that you made your way there. However, a really handy feature was that at forks in the roads or junctions in the roads, there were signposts that, when you hit ALT or CTRL, would bring up the name of the zone that the road led to.

For new arrivals to those maps, signposts would be a wonderful addition to the roads and be more immersive.

Posted by: Asyntyche.4827

Asyntyche.4827

+1 for Signposts. I’ve only got lost a few times, but i have missed the signposts from GW1.

Amnariel.3659

Signposts could be a good addition in my opinion too,anyway anything is still better than the current state I think…yesterday I was lost again heading toward Karka Island…I didn’t know that there’s a portal to that island…:))