Begging for Mesmer Portals in JP's

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tmeh.4091

Tmeh.4091

Hello!

I just had to endure two people crying for a mesmer for their JP for the better half of an hour.

Mind=Blown

When I questioned why this guy was so eager to complete this JP he replied with “For the achievement, so I can get skins and gear”.

/facepalm

A completionist that wants it on a silver platter.

The reason I’m posting this is so I can A ) Share this thorn in my eye and B ) So I can pose the question, isn’t this incredibly counter-productive? On one side you’ve got the developers and they’re faulty for letting this happen and on the other side, the players in question that would rather fuss and cry for an hour over doing the puzzle themselves.

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

In my opinion mesmers shouldn’t be allowed to use portals in jumping puzzles.

I was excited to do the new Not So Secret jumping puzzle, but when I was starting it I stood on a platform that could be interacted with. So I clicked on it and was instantly teleported to the chest and got the achievement without doing anything.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: Emperor.1360

Emperor.1360

This behaviour is annoying and pathetic, but unsurprising, given the low skill level of some players.

Remember Crab Toss? The skilled players—-the ones who earned all the achievements legitimately—-had no trouble winning. Meanwhile, the low-skill players were constantly whining about “trading off achievements” and “helping” each other in what was intended to be a competitive game, some going so far as to curse out those players who attempted to enjoy the game as intended!

It’s amusing to me how the players who are the worst at this game are so often also the ones so obsessive about “looking good” with achievements, skins, weapons, etc. It’s a lot like a guy in real life who makes minimum wage, with no further aspirations or work ethic, yet takes out massive loans in order to “look good” driving around in a fancy car/truck. It’s all about appearances to these types of people, and entitlement. Oh well.

Omnes stulti estis, quod putatis vos esse
intellegentes eximiosque, quamvis
non fuistis, vere non estis et eritis numquam.

Posted by: Dedlaw.9130

Dedlaw.9130

Hello!

I just had to endure two people crying for a mesmer for their JP for the better half of an hour.

Mind=Blown

When I questioned why this guy was so eager to complete this JP he replied with “For the achievement, so I can get skins and gear”.

/facepalm

The reason I’m posting this is so I can A ) Share this thorn in my eye and B ) So I can pose the question, isn’t this incredibly counter-productive? On one side you’ve got the developers and they’re faulty for letting this happen and on the other side, the players in question that would rather fuss and cry for an hour over doing the puzzle themselves.

Lol, so were they actually asking a mesmer to do a JP FOR them and portal them up so they didn’t have to do thr JP themselves?

Wow. I’m not against mesmers portaling people up if they’re already there, but asking mesmers to do the JP just for you is a whole new low

Dedlaw – Fresh 80 Zerker Warrior
DODGE!!! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

How is this any different than say Droks runs, Desert Tours, etc from GW1? Simply put, there is no difference.

There will always be those that seek the path of least resistance. Some do it because they are lazy, others may legitimately not be able to do it on their own. Lag is a killer when trying to do JPs for example, and not everyone has spectacular connections and everyone being in the new zone does create a lot of lag for a lot of people.

So before you go pointing the finger and whining about other people ‘being bad players,’ keep in mind that you don’t know what their circumstances are.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Tmeh.4091

Lol, so were they actually asking a mesmer to do a JP FOR them and portal them up so they didn’t have to do thr JP themselves?

Wow. I’m not against mesmers portaling people up if they’re already there, but asking mesmers to do the JP just for you is a whole new low

That’s exactly what I’m saying. The mesmer that eventually did help them was asked to do it for them and the Mesmer was trying to figure out how to get down fast enough to open the portal.

I know I shouldn’t meddle with how others spend their gaming time but in all honesty, it really is a new form of pathetic and low.

I like skins and I like gear but if there’s a quest/puzzle that I just cannot do or would rather not do then I’ll just skip it…
These players however like skins, like gear AND want an achievement they don’t deserve and to top it off they do nothing for said skins, gear and achievement.

A true completionist will do everything no matter how ridiculously hard it is and he won’t resort to ‘cheating’.

That however was epic hand holding and that from start to finish, no less.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

A true completionist will do everything no matter how ridiculously hard it is and he won’t resort to ‘cheating’.

Oh so not true. Human nature is to do it the easiest, fastest way possible that requires the least amount of effort. Proof – gold buying, title running, speed clears, etc. Gods this was rampant near the end of GW1 (Ruins or Morah runs, Dungeon book runs, mission book rus, etc etc), I can only imagine the short cuts that exist in other games.

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

While I don’t mind mesmers using portals in JPs, I do strongly believe that whether they then help other people is strictly their choice. After all, THEY’VE had to complete the puzzle before they can drop the portal.

I am in full agreement that if a mesmer is willing to drop a portal for you then it’s your choice to use it or not. But again, you have absolutely no right to DEMAND someone comes over and does your JP for you.

A polite/cheeky message – “I don’t suppose there are any mesmers about, lol?” – wouldn’t bother me in the slightest. But filling the map chat with requests repeatedly for hours isn’t going to incentivise anyone to help out. It’s rude and in this case, I do think it IS lazy, and born out of a sense of entitlement, that I don’t think people should have.

Of course I think people should be able to enjoy JPs, even if they aren’t much good at them or if they have lag. But that’s not strictly another person’s responsibility. I think it’s great to see helpful people drop portals down for others, but no one has a right to demand this.

Tmeh.4091

Oh so not true. Human nature is to do it the easiest, fastest way possible that requires the least amount of effort. Proof – gold buying, title running, speed clears, etc. Gods this was rampant near the end of GW1 (Ruins or Morah runs, Dungeon book runs, mission book rus, etc etc), I can only imagine the short cuts that exist in other games.

In a way, you’re proving my point now and it still is pretty messed up that a person would rather QQ for the majority of an hour for what I listed rather than moving on.

I’d prefer seeing portals getting fixed or changed so they keep their functionality and mesmers lose nothing but they no longer have a part in JP and such.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

In this thread: Campers complaining about not having easy targets.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

LanfearShadowflame.3189

In a way, you’re proving my point now and it still is pretty messed up that a person would rather QQ for the majority of an hour for what I listed rather than moving on.

I’d prefer seeing portals getting fixed or changed so they keep their functionality and mesmers lose nothing but they no longer have a part in JP and such.

The intent was to prove the point that human nature is not in line with your assessment that ‘true completionists’ won’t resort to cheating, which yes supports the general consensus that humans are by their very nature lazy and willing to take short cuts. A ‘true completionist’ will simply complete it by any means necessary in order to have it, which includes cheating to save time and effort. (Oh, I am so guilty of this)

However, considering Anets stance on things like runs, and [some] shortcuts, I don’t foresee them taking issue with the use of the portal in this way.

Of course, by removing the portal ability in JP, you’re in a sense telling a mesmer that ‘x’ skill in their arsenal is no longer valid. Heck, if my mesmer was portal capable, I’d be setting those things left, right and center, in case I fell so I could quickly return to that point, and anyone that wanted to hitch a ride could.

Yes, asking the mesmer to run it for you is different, but this is the same as having someone run a dungeon (600/smite anyone?), or doing a forge or spider run, or running a mission, etc etc for you. I could go on and on. People do it. Its how some people make good money. (Hm lightbulb….) Once upon a time, like you, I took issue with it, not anymore. If they don’t want to ‘play the game’ so to speak, they want someone else to do it for them, well that’s their prerogative. Just add them to the ignore list.

Posted by: Dedlaw.9130

Dedlaw.9130

In this thread: Campers complaining about not having easy targets.

You didn’t read a word, did you?

Dedlaw – Fresh 80 Zerker Warrior
DODGE!!! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Methinks that Mesmer should have charged 2g each for that service. I know I would, especially if they are QQing about it.

I love the irony of wanting to skip content/effort for achievement points. You achieved hitting your “F” key after an hour of whining?

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Eh, I do shake my head, pull out a walking stick and start with the ‘we used to play the game ourselves back in the day’ monologue in my head at people like this (and people who use walkthroughs and ask for help before they’ve even tried for themselves), but I don’t let it bother me. If their main goal is to go after the shinies and not doing the content itself, more power to them.

I personally don’t see how their playstyle affects my personal enjoyment, or why I should let it. I also don’t feel like it cheapens the Achievement, because I personally done it on my own.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Lynne.8416

Lynne.8416

OP, I understand you are upset because you accidentally used a Mesmer portal that resulted in something unexpected…. But i see no harm in other players asking/spamming for portals. If a Mesmer chooses to assist them, that is their choice.

Posted by: Balkanwarrior.5132

Balkanwarrior.5132

This behaviour is annoying and pathetic, but unsurprising, given the low skill level of some players.

Remember Crab Toss? The skilled players—-the ones who earned all the achievements legitimately—-had no trouble winning. Meanwhile, the low-skill players were constantly whining about “trading off achievements” and “helping” each other in what was intended to be a competitive game, some going so far as to curse out those players who attempted to enjoy the game as intended!

It’s amusing to me how the players who are the worst at this game are so often also the ones so obsessive about “looking good” with achievements, skins, weapons, etc. It’s a lot like a guy in real life who makes minimum wage, with no further aspirations or work ethic, yet takes out massive loans in order to “look good” driving around in a fancy car/truck. It’s all about appearances to these types of people, and entitlement. Oh well.

Epic analogy bro. You totally generalized me!

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

There’s your mistake. You forgot that there’s a block feature. Just right click their name, press “block”, and they go away forever.

As for everything else: “Most people are idiots”… Woohoo “more on this at eleven”, “stop the presses”, etc… Nothing new.

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

I didn’t even know that the JP for the new diving goggle spot was a jumping puzzle. I was just exploring, trying to get into crazy spots, then I notice a bunch of people grouped up towards where I am heading. I’m thinking “awesome, look at all these like minded people, we’re going to have a little party up in this random spot and chill with these cool people”…. then I notice that it is just Mesmer’s porting up anti-social, boring, jumping-kittened, achievement hunters with entitlement issues. I was very disappointed.

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

don’t you have another excuse to ask for yet another mesmer nerf?

the point is the same for every new jumping puzzle, you don’t like “cheating”? you don’t do it. and let people be!

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

Hello!

Mind=Blown

/facepalm

That’s been going on since launch. It really bugs me and I have been very voicturous on my server about people that are just going in to the puzzle to be ported, without any real effort at all on their parts.

But…
You want to know what really is mind blowing?

• People during the new Sanctum Sprint begging/demanding that the 1st Place person “hold back” and allow others to cross the finish line to get the achievement so “everyone can get it”.

Really?! I mean, COME ON! It’s a race. It’s very poor sportsmanship to throw the race just so someone can “win” it, when in reality they aren’t winning anything. If they can’t get first place, then tough luck. They haven’t achieved anything, so an Achievement should not be awarded.

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

• People during the new Sanctum Sprint begging/demanding that the 1st Place person “hold back” and allow others to cross the finish line to get the achievement so “everyone can get it”.

Are you serious? This happened?

AHAHAHHA… Please tell me someone exploited the situation. I would have agreed to it… then when everyone else gathered, quickly cross the finish the line and hit /dance , holding my best “u mad?” face.

I love outsmarting kittenes, cheating cheaters. It’s…. Poetic.

Posted by: Tears.5627

Tears.5627

Hello!

Mind=Blown

/facepalm

I agree that some people who ask for ports for AP should do their own JP. When people are in a hurry though we port to chests. My Mesmer is parked at one in LA. People are nice enough to tip. =)

Running Axe on Necro since April 27th, 2012 (Before it was cool)

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

I can’t complain. They port me up and I leave em a tip? Yeah I am cool with that :P

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

People like this are the reason I spent 2 hours in the race this morning winning over and over again. I already got all the achievements and the money isn’t that great, but the satisfaction of winning a game and feasting on all those tears was just too much fun.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

I like being able to use portal. Be it to help others or for myself in case I fall.

If someone is annoying you, just put him on your block list.

Tmeh.4091

I love these comments. Especially the ones about the races and not granting the whiners the satisfaction of getting a free achievement.

All in all, it does bother me slightly that people do content like this and I’m sure I’ll at one point just put it past me and let them play the game how they want to play it…
But lets be honest… If you ignore a problem because it’s too much of a hassle to fix, you’re basically giving them a free pass.

Towards the person saying that this is an excuse for a mesmer nerf, I ask of you to do nothing more than read the posts following my initial post and if you for any reason are like the people we’re talking about, which you clearly are then you’ll probably skip it but let me go ahead and make it easy for you as well.

I said that Mesmers should in no way be nerfed for this because the ability Portal is in itself a great ability with a lot of uses I do however think it should be adjusted for JP BUT if that results in a direct nerf to the ability, Mesmers should be adjusted accordingly to make up for the loss.

Posted by: Naginto.4597

Naginto.4597

Suggesting they change the way portals work (especially if you mean game wide) will earn you a slap upside the head. I use my mesmer specifically so I can portal myself through bad falls, and occasionally I’ll stop and help others along the way. Disable it in JP, no problem, mess with the skill in general and it just means you’re asking to have a class nerfed because you’re too dim to use the block feature.

80 Ranger / 80 Mesmer
80 Engineer / 80 Guardian
80 Necro / 80 Thief

Posted by: Simon.3106

Simon.3106

If you are a Ranger and you are asking for portals, you have shamed not only yourself, but your entire family name. I’d be disgusted just by reading your name! /spits on flower

~Way of the Ranger~
Legendary Ranger, Simon

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

Guys you dont know the worst part of this, i personally play with two characters and each has its things to do. I decided to enter this new place with mesmer, I ported tons of people around, guided even more to goggles and only 2 in 10 say Thank You, is it so hard to say that? Why are you being such an kitten. i would ask this with pleasure to them but I dont want to lower myself, its just annoying.

Posted by: Simon.3106

Simon.3106

You think that is a problem? Read the Bible and tell me how many people who Jesus had helped actually came back to thank him.

~Way of the Ranger~
Legendary Ranger, Simon

g e o.2589

hey i’m not a god but I think after 2000 years when a person does something even very little for you you can at least write “Ty” it doesnt take a lot of time. To be honest I could have escorted more people to hard to reach places but fact that they arent even thankful made me stop my charity.

Posted by: Palu.3405

Palu.3405

I don’t mind portalling people if I’m already doing a puzzle, but there are so many people who will just wait for me to do it for them. Those are the people that I don’t portal. I remember during the Southsun event there was one guy who spammed map for over two hours asking for somebody to portal him to the end of the Skipping Stones puzzle there. I get that it’s a hard puzzle, but there’s no excuse for just sitting around and not even trying!

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Mesmer Portals should be disabled for JP’s or the Mesmer portal nerfed so it is harder/impossible to use in JP’s.

Posted by: Palu.3405

Palu.3405

Mesmer Portals should be disabled for JP’s or the Mesmer portal nerfed so it is harder/impossible to use in JP’s.

I’d vote for the former option. No reason to nerf an ability throughout the entire game when it’s only being exploited in jumping puzzles.

g e o.2589

Why?? You know this portal is a great advantage for us in JPs because we can secure ourselves before difficult jump. It’s our choice if we grant a person free achievemtn. When I run around doing puzzle, i usually do it multiple times cuz its fun, i see a lot of people trying and dying, there’s nothing wrong to help people who cant do it. This post talks about people who DONT do it and rudely beg for portals.

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

“For the achievement, so I can get skins and gear”.

This is a Falsehood. There are NO skins that are locked directly behind any JP achievements where the ONLY way to get those skins / minis … is to do the JP’s. People who believe that either haven’t researched them properly, or are lying just to try and get the Titles faster by having someone else do the hard parts for them.

The Sky Pirate jumping puzzle for instance, didn’t have any Achievement linked to the Goggle Dive at the top but that’s where most of the Portal Begging occurred. Meanwhile there was 14 different ways to get all the other Achievements…. most of the Aether Caches infact weren’t even at the end of “jumping” puzzles. They were actually at the end of Exploration puzzles where all you had to do was find the Entrance to the puzzle…

Posted by: Saetet.4082

Saetet.4082

Alright normally I don’t respond to posts, just a lurker. I vehemently disagree with the OP.
First off, I spent two bloody hours on that JP. Either the lightning jump would glitch, overshoot ( and yes before you say anything I do know how to use the thing ) or drop out too early. I was near my wits end until a kind charr ported me. My latency being in Australia makes most if not all jumping puzzles near impossible for me so I was thankful to say the least.

So you know what I did… I started porting those I had been jumping with for the last hours, and kept porting people whether they needed it or not. I paid it forward and all this whining because others want things easy is bullkitten. I never would have finished that JP without that charr, and I dare say quite a few wouldn’t of finished it without me. I think it promotes community. It did for me. I do understand however about people crying for a mesmer but I also understand the frustration of that bloody JP / abilities that dont work properly. Sure there are people who just want to get something for nothing, but Im not one of them.

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

I’m actually starting to get a little peevy at the entitledness of the player base towards mesmers.

Every patch, people cry mesmers are OP. Every patch, mesmers get nerfed and we’re told “Hey you guys have time warp and portal to buff us, you should be grateful to sacrifice your utilities for our benefit”. Then along comes a jump puzzle and suddenly it’s all “OMG i need a mesmer stat!

Now hold on guys… if you want us to carry on carrying you through content you have got to stop treating us like your personal utility-bot and getting us nerfed, otherwise we’re just gonna reroll another class.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

g e o.2589

Alright normally I don’t respond to posts, just a lurker. I vehemently disagree with the OP.
First off, I spent two bloody hours on that JP. Either the lightning jump would glitch, overshoot ( and yes before you say anything I do know how to use the thing ) or drop out too early. I was near my wits end until a kind charr ported me. My latency being in Australia makes most if not all jumping puzzles near impossible for me so I was thankful to say the least.

So you know what I did… I started porting those I had been jumping with for the last hours, and kept porting people whether they needed it or not. I paid it forward and all this whining because others want things easy is bullkitten. I never would have finished that JP without that charr, and I dare say quite a few wouldn’t of finished it without me. I think it promotes community. It did for me. I do understand however about people crying for a mesmer but I also understand the frustration of that bloody JP / abilities that dont work properly. Sure there are people who just want to get something for nothing, but Im not one of them.

You ported people who were trying to do JP not rudely asking for it.

Posted by: Saetet.4082

Saetet.4082

-snip-

You ported people who were trying to do JP not rudely asking for it.

Actually there was this one bloke who had no idea where the jumping puzzle was, nor how to do the buffs, nor where to jump that basically demanded that I drop about 1100 feet to help him. I explained how to do it and what to do then yes, I did drop down and help the guy.. Then he fell off.. I had explained I needed to go but there he was " Can you port me " Ughh.. so I did then promptly logged after he fell off the second time. /facepalm. I had explained I needed to go before this but he didn’t seem to understand that. So no, not all the people were nice or not rude about it. I still will help for the most part though.

edited cos Im taking cold medication and the post went in circles.. O.o

(edited by Saetet.4082)

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

Speaking as a Mesmer player and JP lover, I enjoy helping out my fellow players with a port to the top of jumping puzzles. I’ve never had anyone demand a port; though I have run JPs after someone specifically asked me to before, they’ve always been very polite and appreciative. I never ask for tips but some people even go so far as to mail me a bit of money in thanks.

On the one hand, it does seem strange that we can port people through the majority of a certain content. On the other hand, I think it’s great that players can so something to help each other like this.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

g e o.2589

I’m so laughing hard reading posts demanding to ban portals in JP. I suppose they already got their port to crystals and chest. until some jumping challenging content comes out they will be demanding ban to portals, then again couple of F key clicks and back to protesting XD

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

If I remove the portal jump, I’m in trouble, and my husband too!

I am one of the two happens to finish after 5 hours of hard, and I then look down!

Do not remove portal no no no!

# Asura because I’m worth it!

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

I disagree to the notion of the removal of mesmer’s ability to port people in JPs. Mainly because I play a mesmer as well, and I like porting people up, but also because I think it’s a choice and option that should be made available. It is one way for non-jumpers to get certain things, with the aid of friends or friendly people, which is no big issue considering things like guild puzzles or even that small jumping bit in the AR dungeon had options for people that do not want to do jumping (granted, those are features of the place/content rather than player actions…)

That said, yes it is bad if people are demanding mesmers to do stuff for them, though this assumes such people are acting in a whiny or forceful way. I have no objections if people opt to politely request for it.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I love these comments. Especially the ones about the races and not granting the whiners the satisfaction of getting a free achievement.

All in all, it does bother me slightly that people do content like this and I’m sure I’ll at one point just put it past me and let them play the game how they want to play it…
But lets be honest… If you ignore a problem because it’s too much of a hassle to fix, you’re basically giving them a free pass.

And? What’s wrong with it? It’s neither bug nor exploit. Some people find fun in other things than you do. As long as this does not directly affect you (and it doesn’t – you can still play the game the way you want), why are you so eager to deny other people their enjoyment?

Also, do not forget that this is not the only JP in existence. At the start of the event me and my friends have spent around an hour porting people to the cache in Obsidian Sanctum, letting them avoid the griefers camping in the middle. I would not want to be denied that option, and i would not want the people i have ported to be denied that option, simply because this happens to disagree with the way you think this game shoud be played.

Of course, if someone demanded a portal from me, i’d have dropped the other end in the middle of the enemy zerg.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Demanding for ports is just not right. That being said.

I don’t consider portals on JP a exploit a bug or even cheating as it requires the williness of others. It already has a large timer on it and not all JP allow a portal by the nature of the jumping puzzle timeing out.

A lot of mesmers run portals for coin. Not as a actual request but becouse from time to time they get tips. And a lot more tip then you think. I think it comes from a culture of runs in GW1 to where instead of asking pepole actually advertized they were running pepole though content. Also some run becouse they like helping others. They get joy out of this so taking it away from them is not a good idea. This is something that was prevelent in GW1 also. I don’t consider it cheating. If it was cheating it would not be part of the game.

I have tried really hard time and time again to do the Jumping puzzles I try first multiple times before I give up though. Some are just way too hard for me at this time and I have limited time to complete it. So I ask and I tip. Why do I ask. Well I like the view at times it is easier to ask if one is avalible then do the grind of some of the other achievements.

I am also respectful in my request. I ask and I tip what I can afford. I don’t stand around for hours spamming for hours.

You want to know what really is mind blowing?

This I don’t approve of. I don’t see anything wrong with with asking if the first place is ok with it. But if not continue to try and try again. I am sure eventually things will be in my favor. You only need 16 of them for the skin anyways. You don’t need all the points to get it.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I spent about 3 hours trying to get the dive achievement. I don’t like guides and only looked at one to get a general idea where to go. After at least 30 deaths from falling I joked in chat that the achievement was making me go broke. A Mesmer offered to port me and I politely declined. When I finally got to the end there he was setting up a port for other people. I waved, thanked him for offering to help, and watched as the others ported in and took the dive. One guy jumped off without the goggles LOL.

When they were all done I walked toward the goggles and fell off by by accident. I finally got it and had a lot of fun doing it. It felt better having figured it out and accomplishing it on my own.

Now I don’t know about these other puzzles yet. I’m terrible at such things and looking over the achievements I have left to do I think I may be SOL, haha. Then again maybe I’ll remember a few of you Mesmers from this thread and look you up

The Burninator

Posted by: McDili.1549

McDili.1549

Brought up some bad memories with this post man.

When I did crab toss, I’d get mad and throw the crab up to safety on the platform above.

Everybody was hurting the crab and trying to keep it for themselves. The poor thing, bless his socks.

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

How is this any different than say Droks runs, Desert Tours, etc from GW1? Simply put, there is no difference.

There will always be those that seek the path of least resistance. Some do it because they are lazy, others may legitimately not be able to do it on their own. Lag is a killer when trying to do JPs for example, and not everyone has spectacular connections and everyone being in the new zone does create a lot of lag for a lot of people.

So before you go pointing the finger and whining about other people ‘being bad players,’ keep in mind that you don’t know what their circumstances are.

^This. People whining about people using mesmer portals is getting old. Ignore the person or mind your own business. You’ll be much happier.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m fairly ambivalent about the whole Mesmer portal thing. If a Mesmer wants to portal other people because she thinks it’s a nice thing to do, good for her. If a player is terrible at jumping and has to get a portal to reach the end for the loot/achievement/goggles/whatever, fair enough. As Lanfear said, it’s no different from someone getting a dungeon run, or just waiting for other players to kill a Champion guarding a Rich Vein. A person who’s done it legitimately will always have the satisfaction of knowing they completed it honestly; that is something nobody can take away from them.

However, players who are begging for a Mesmer to do the JP JUST so they can get a portal is pretty much begging, and I feel that the Mesmer has a right to charge for her services if she takes those players up on their requests.