Beginner question

Beginner question

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Diphikult.9316

Diphikult.9316

Just a fast and simple question. I started playing this morning and I haven’t seen another player since. Will this change or is this game really that quiet?

Thanks!

Beginner question

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

People are there, in fact tons are there. Often people don’t write in chat, there is usually absolutely no need to. If you ask a question or request help with something I would expect an answer in seconds though.

Beginner question

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Where are you? Some places are more quiet than others.

Beginner question

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Are you perhaps in the newbie starter tutorial zone?

Beginner question

Posted by: Diphikult.9316

Diphikult.9316

Just started as a thief asura. But its good to know there are people. Thanks for the answer!

Beginner question

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

The beginner zones are ghost-towns at times (unless part of the new daily system) and the game is still mainly populated by American players so right now is the quite time but I find it pretty hard to believe you have yet to see one actual player.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Beginner question

fireflyry.7023

Just started as a thief asura. But its good to know there are people. Thanks for the answer!

I normally play around this time. Feel free to add me to your friends list if you want someone to kick around with.

gl & hf

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Beginner question

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Well if you are still in the tutorial area it will be hard to see new players

Beginner question

Posted by: Melanie.1240

Melanie.1240

The beginner zones are ghost-towns at times (unless part of the new daily system) and the game is still mainly populated by American players so right now is the quite time but I find it pretty hard to believe you have yet to see one actual player.

Lol what? You forgot the 20+ European servers?

Beginner question

fireflyry.7023

Nope. My guild is American based. Mega-server.

Beginner question

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Nope. My guild is American based. Mega-server.

Mega servers don’t combine US and NA servers

Beginner question

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

The Asura starting region is one of the most quiet ones. Undeservedly as the NPCs there are very funny. Asura is a fun race to play too. The tutorial zone is almost empty, not that many new Asura are created at the same time. Metrica has people, but it is big. The Fire Elemental World Event draws a crowd every two hours, so the mapchat gets more lively then too.

Beginner question

fireflyry.7023

Mega servers don’t combine US and NA servers

Exactly.

Beginner question

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Did you mean EU and NA servers? Because US and NA servers could be the same thing. ; )

Beginner question

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

im not sure what zones you were visiting… but normaly if you play in the morning in a region that is your time then you will see less people play.

Megaservers make it so you see people from other servers in pve (again from your region, meaning if you are playign at 6 am, then others from other servers will also play at 6 am…or sleep..)

Try a different hour,also try some “hotspots” like divintiys reach, lions arch, newbie zones are always populated, get a phone app with boss timers and check how many people show up to kill it.

Join a active guild , play dungeons,fractals or pvp with them. Its a mmo you are playing so dont be shy to take initiative and start something your self