Being in a party increases mf?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

I think I read somewhere that being in a party increases magic find, is that true? because if so that explains the lfg’s in the Cursed Shore.

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Damage for participation is based on your party’s damage, so in a group it’s a lot easier to tag things, especially if your build isn’t burst damage.

So mf is the same, but you miss a lot less tags.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

that explains alot
Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

It’s a rather prevalent misconception. People get more drops in a group because of the tagging so they equate that with magic find.

Then they tell 2 people and they tell 2 people…

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

There is no corroboration for the party damage helping you tag mobs. This is anecdotal evidence the same as the drops increasing by group size.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

There was something in the official strategy guide that said being in a group increased your drops. It could have simply been referring to group = more kills = more drops or a hidden magic find bonus. Without a dev clarification, the magic find theory can’t be proven, since if it was true, it would be something minor.

Posted by: papryk.6273

papryk.6273

It’s a rather prevalent misconception. People get more drops in a group because of the tagging so they equate that with magic find.

oh yeah?

http://i.imgur.com/jlPnz.png

“In addition parties have a hidden bonus to their drop rates so u end up finding even more items than if you killed the same number of enemies while soloing”

Posted by: Selebrity.7469

Selebrity.7469

To me it seems like I get more loot while grouping in events, there are a lot more glittering corpses scattered around when the dust had settled, and I often wonder did I tag all this? When solo the loot is at my feet only, not scatteted over a large area.

Kumu Honua.2751

oh yeah?

http://i.imgur.com/jlPnz.png

“In addition parties have a hidden bonus to their drop rates so u end up finding even more items than if you killed the same number of enemies while soloing”

Lol, what is that from? A “Strategy Guide”?

Posted by: papryk.6273

papryk.6273

from the official GW2 strategy guide.

Kumu Honua.2751

I’m not familiar with bradley games “Guides”. Are they better than Prima?

Every strategy guide I have ever seen was written by 3rd party people with little input from the developers. Full of misinformation. Though I do admit. Most of the ones I have seen were Prima “official” guides. Prima is terrible. Always has been.