Being invisible to blocked people!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: umatha.8756

umatha.8756

Hi, even if you blocked someone, he/she can still see you online. Will there be an option that being invinsible for the blocked people?

Posted by: Northernnliht.9514

Northernnliht.9514

This would be stupid in WvW : /

FS – The Zaiashen Order [TZO]

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I don’t think he means literally as in the character itself?

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: Northernnliht.9514

Northernnliht.9514

I think he did, wanna fight about it?

FS – The Zaiashen Order [TZO]

Posted by: Lady Deedra.3126

Lady Deedra.3126

They can still add you to party also.

Skjold Pjod
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
1,073 precursors forged and counting.

Posted by: Abhor.5602

Abhor.5602

I also find it annoying that I have two dozen people on my followers list, and I know almost none of them. Adding someone as a friend should be a two-way process where the other person either accepts or declines.

Also, you’re pretty bad at tic-tac-toe, Computer. 3-3-1 in my favor.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Hi, even if you blocked someone, he/she can still see you online. Will there be an option that being invinsible for the blocked people?

This has been a reported problem for quite some time. I think the first posts about it were shortly after the game launched.

If the person you block friends you and enables game messages in chat, the game will tell them when you log on and log off. They can also see, by checking their friends list, what map you are on and can see if you move to another map. By checking the leaderboards, they can tell what server you are on and if they wanted they could transfer there and be sure of being in WvW at the same time you are.

Friending should be mutual. Only 2 friends should know where each other is.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I also find it annoying that I have two dozen people on my followers list, and I know almost none of them. Adding someone as a friend should be a two-way process where the other person either accepts or declines.

I once commanded for a few hours in eotm and like 50 people friended me. ahhh how harsh a life I live.

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

I had this person following me around in queensdale for a few times in a row for some reason. It became kind of annoying as I was forced to teleport away from that person etc.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Personally, I like it – if someone is kind enough to think of me as a favourite to them, I always return the favour.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

It would be great honestly, because there is a few people who I blocked and they don’t seem to get why I blocked them other than them being butt faces at some point or just annoying the crap out of me.
Often they go through my other friends to bother me- so appearing offline to them would save me a lot of further annoyance

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Not all Followers do it out of malicious intent (I have a bunch of Followers that I’m pretty sure I met via doing dungeons/Fractals with PUGs, although I can’t remember them), but yes, it is possible to use it to stalk someone.

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

op is correct……..blocked players should not be able to contact you in any way….thus not see that you are online.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

This would be stupid in WvW : /

Why would it be stupid to block someone in WvW, that’s ludicrous, mostly the only difference is the gear used with the same kittens.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger