Belcher's Bluff Achievements Issue: Poyaqui

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Morningstar.2934

Morningstar.2934

I just wanted to raise the issue that the Belcher’s Bluff Achievements under Activities has 3 achievements that are currently also dependent on Poyaqui being available. If the assumption is that he will no longer be available after this Bazaar of the Four Winds chapter of the Living Story is complete, players won’t be able to ever complete those 3 achievements if they don’t do so during the Bazaar of the Four Winds.

Perhaps Poyaqui will relocate or there will be a comparable replacement after the Bazaar of the Four Winds.

In any event, for new achievements in general, I would suggest that ArenaNet update its process and requirements for new “long-term” achievements (not based on temporary content) so that completion of any of them is not dependent on the existence of temporary content.

Thank you.

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

Poyaqui is going away with the Zephyr Sanctum. This is known and it’s best to get the achievements while he’s here.

Each Living Story section will have achievements that will come and go with the new content.

Not going to change.

This was actually mentioned in an interview with one of the developers a week or two ago.

Why are they doing it like this? Well, it’s to keep the game living, fresh, and exiting for those playing it. To entice new and old customer to come see what’s happening in GW2 while it happens. But, more importantly, this is the the “carrot-on-a-stick” without having some crazy power creep like other games. Instead of players chasing the next +2 Power item, they’re chasing the +5 Achievement Points activity. Get it? Okay, good. This will not change.

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Poyaqui is going away with the Zephyr Sanctum. This is known and it’s best to get the achievements while he’s here.

Each Living Story section will have achievements that will come and go with the new content.

Not going to change.

This was actually mentioned in an interview with one of the developers a week or two ago.

Why are they doing it like this? Well, it’s to keep the game living, fresh, and exiting for those playing it. To entice new and old customer to come see what’s happening in GW2 while it happens. But, more importantly, this is the the “carrot-on-a-stick” without having some crazy power creep like other games. Instead of players chasing the next +2 Power item, they’re chasing the +5 Achievement Points activity. Get it? Okay, good. This will not change.

Yeah, slight problem there.

“You’ve Got The Moves” is listed under the Activities tab for Belcher’s Bluff, not Living Story. It’s alongside Keg Brawl, and is not connected directly to the Zephyr Sanctum at all.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

I’m seeing it this way
Omnomnivore title is going to be really rare. I have the title. Yay!
Other than that I don’t see a reason why mini games of all things have to leave.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

If Poyaqui was going to be entirely removed rather than relocated, I don’t think they would have specified for the Om achievement that he has to be beaten during the event for it to count. Furthermore, entirely removing him would lock out an ability for a permanent mini-game as well as lock the achievements that aren’t part of the living story. He’ll probably just be moved to wherever Hylek are.