Bell chior

Bell chior

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Khandarus.2738

Khandarus.2738

So being colorblind is there an easy way to do this, or is it a thanks to anet I have to flail through 500 notes hoping I am hitting them and etc?

Bell chior

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Ignore the colours. Assuming default key bindings, the notes go 1-2-3-4-6-7-8-9 in order. Face the camera from the top looking down at your character, place one hand with fingers over 1-4 and the other hand with fingers over 6-9. Push the button that corresponds with the note once the note crosses the white line in front of your character. Experiment a bit to find out the right timing, which may vary depending on your latency, but ideally should remain consistent.

Being colour-blind shouldn’t affect you much, as long as you can count the rows from the first row to the eighth row. If the missing 5 in the keybindings is throwing you off, feel free to remap your keys temporarily so that 6 becomes 5, 7 becomes 6, and so on.

Bell chior

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m not colour blind, but I don’t use the colours to do it, I don’t even look at my skill bar when I’m playing.

The simplest way is to bind 1-4 and 6-9 in a straight line (putting your skills back to the default 1-0 works, but you could use any line of keys), put one finger on each one and position the camera behind and above your character so you can see which ‘lane’ each note is coming down. Then just push the corresponding key.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Bell chior

Posted by: MrFlump.8725

MrFlump.8725

I dont even look at the colours, just where they are, just line up your keys to the rows.

Bell chior

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Just going to past what I said in the last thread where someone was concerned with colorblindness for choir bells:

Colors don’t matter at all. As others said, just use normal keyboard bindings for your top row number keys. Place your left fingers on 1, 2, 3, 4 (skip five, and leave out your thumbs) and right fingers on 6, 7, 8, 9. Aim your camera so it’s facing down onto the circle. Far left panel is one, second to the left is 2, and so on. Watch the lights, and just press the corresponding button as the light is about to hit you.

Bell chior

Khandarus.2738

Yeah given that I’ve tried that and it still isn’t working, I’ve hit it every time it appears in the lane and nothing happens other then me getting kicked right out

Bell chior

Danikat.8537

Are you sure you’re hitting them at the right time?

You need to do it as they cross the circle at the bottom. A lot of people (myself included) often do it too early, you want to do it pretty much the last second before they disappear.

Bell chior

Khandarus.2738

What circle? <.<

Bell chior

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

The one the players are standing in.

Bell chior

Khandarus.2738

I don’t exactly see it so guess I’ll just have to flail through it as get it eventually

Bell chior

Danikat.8537

I don’t exactly see it so guess I’ll just have to flail through it as get it eventually

The one your character is standing inside, as shown in the screenshot below.

Attachments:

Bell chior

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Imagine that you have to actually hit them with the bells.

Bell chior

Khandarus.2738

Oh so the very faint line between the two black parts, kay <.< this is not going to make it enjoyable

Bell chior

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

There’s still some wiggle room after it passes the line.

Bell chior

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Yes, I’m useless at the timing, but even I managed it! Don’t worry, even when the blobs disappear there’s still a tiny bit of time it seems for it to count as a played note. Once you get the hang of it you’ll wonder what you was worried about.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]