Best 1 vs 1 class? Mesmer, Thief or ???

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

It’s hard to say what is best 1v1 but if you’re roaming, thief/ele is a good one because of all their stealth or mobility which greatly increase their survivability. Skills comes down to it a lot when it comes to 1v1, no class can save you from a good player.

In terms of fleeing, guardians/ele/thief are really good. A note of advice if a thief invis during a fight, don’t sit around and wait for them to pop back out, keep moving/make a run for it. 1v1, there is not much you can do if a thief decides to invis and you have no aoe/non target skills

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Renxian.6982

Renxian.6982

Mesmer / Engineer / Necromancer are the best in the competent bracket, depending on what you’re trying to accomplish.

Very good Thieves dominate the total kitten bracket.

Fixed it for you.

You kidding? Was in WvW the other night…the thief didn’t need to busrt from stealth mind you…so here is what happened…

Was trying to get to the zerg for my daily kills…theif popped from stealth in front of me and just spammed that stupid easy flipping like a monkey skill and hit me for 7k/6k/4k then dodged and got hit for another 3k….all in a matter of 2 or 3 seconds.
How does that make a thief….“very good”?

Either wearing armor when you go into combat, or not exaggerating damage will help.

My list:
Thief
Mesmer
Ranger
Ele
Guardian
Engie
Necro
Warrior

Just noticed your tag…can deny all you want but there is no skill involved in pressing a single key over and over and over and over and….well….

Seeing as heartseeker has very low damage when you have full health, unless you were a naked elementalist you probably aren’t going to die from HS spam. If you did die from HS spam, then it’s moot because you would have died from a single backstab combo anyway…or literally any combo from any class.