Best Class and Why?

Best Class and Why?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: foxyjasmine.5182

foxyjasmine.5182

Id like to create a good character, id say for pvp but sadly i got no friends lol. regardless of the purpose, id like to hear your opinion between classes.

Best Class and Why?

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

Honestly, if you got no friends, then it can’t hurt to make new ones through guilds.

As for my favorite class, it’s definitely necromancer as I like summoning classes as well as spellcasters that weaken enemies rather than deal direct damage the most. Support characters seem to be the easiest to get into and just as reliable to have in most parties.

Second to that is the Elementalist since there are instances that I like to deal a ton of damage to mobs.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Best Class and Why?

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Personally MM Necro is my favorite. Their are some nice builds in metabattle.com that you can play around with to familiarize yourself with the each class. Not all builds are perfect but its a good stepping stone.

MM FTW!

Necromancer Main

Best Class and Why?

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

The best class is the one you enjoy playing the most, because you’ll play it more and learn the mechanics better.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Best Class and Why?

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

All classes have pro’s and cons.
All classes can be supportive or damage
Most classes can do good conditions
All are interesting to play
All take their time to master.

But some are a bit easier to level:
IMHO
warrior, guardian, ranger and necro level easy
Mesmer, thief and ele level a bit more difficult.

And I hate playing Engi so I do not have a remark on it, but that’s personal

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Best Class and Why?

Posted by: RapidSausage.4620

RapidSausage.4620

sounds like you’re fairly new to the game, so what you’ll want is a sturdy class with decent amount of health, can be support and dps, is easy to learn and is fun.

I’d say necromancer or ranger or warrior.

Ranger is primarily good against single targets, it has access to decent melee combat and ranged combat, health is slap bang in the middle, with the new traits it can be quite enjoyable, sadly the pet AI is very poor and unreliable, and if you plan to play WvW, then zerg battles will just instagib your pet.

Necromancer has the highest base health (along with warrior) in the game, is quite hard to kill if played properly (due to class ability), can apply conditions very well, but is limited to ranged combat, and wherever you go you’ll probably find yourself playing a condition damage role.

Warrior is very diverse, it’s mainly melee combat, but has some very nice AOE support with the longbow and very high single target dmg with the rifle; In WvW you’re expected to be running hammer/ sword+warhorn since it offers the zerg v zerg usefulness and good mobility with a blast combo skill, however you’ll find yourself stuck in pretty much the same couple of builds unless you plan on roaming.

Best Class and Why?

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

There’s no straightforward answer here. Best advice anyone can give you is make one of each class, and test them out to see which one you like the best.

If you go into PvP, you’ll be able to unlock all the skills for the class and get a feel of which you like best.

Best Class and Why?

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

The only class I’ve maxed out twice is engi. One for direct damage (rifle) and one for conditions (pistols). Those two guys can be now modified at a whim to serve pretty much any purpose in this game. A solid set of kits, strategies, functions… 10/10, would level a third, if it wasn’t for the NPE.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs