Best Dual Pistols class?

Best Dual Pistols class?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cosmic Cleric.8653

Cosmic Cleric.8653

Which class is better using when two pistols, Engineer or Thief?

Best Dual Pistols class?

Posted by: Colton.9460

Colton.9460

Necromancer, without a doubt.

“I’m watching you violate my game mode”

Best Dual Pistols class?

Posted by: Denim Samurai.2379

Denim Samurai.2379

pistol + shield is cooler and more effective

Best Dual Pistols class?

Cosmic Cleric.8653

Best Dual Pistols class?

Cosmic Cleric.8653

Best Dual Pistols class?

Cosmic Cleric.8653

Was looking for some honest advice/help. /sigh

Best Dual Pistols class?

Posted by: ZombiesTT.3619

ZombiesTT.3619

I use dual pistols on my thief and I like the style of play. Personally, I don’t like melee very much in gw2.

Best Dual Pistols class?

Posted by: Eurosdown.6072

Eurosdown.6072

The question is a bit vague, but I would say engineer, simply because pistol thief is a bit lackluster compared to other thief weapon sets. Engineer also has access to a lot of utility compared to a thief. Try playing both to level 10 and see which you like better.

Best Dual Pistols class?

Cosmic Cleric.8653

Thank you for the replies. I was wondering mostly for leveling, which class does better dps and is less squishy, using dual pistols.

Best Dual Pistols class?

Posted by: Yukishiro.8792

Yukishiro.8792

Dual pistols is bad on engi too. Not unviable, but definitely weaker than either rifle or pistol/shield.

Best Dual Pistols class?

Posted by: Lifeson.4352

Lifeson.4352

Thief is very squishy and with dual pistols you have no way of reliably stealthing other than long cooldown utility skills.

Saying that I did some dual pistol leveling on my thief and it’s ok. Can get quite boring though just spamming one ability (unload). The other abilities are too initiative heavy for minor effects. Black Powder has some use but you will quickly run out of initiative spamming that.

I’d go with an engineer just cause at the moment I’m quite bored of my thief and have started leveling an engineer.

Best Dual Pistols class?

Posted by: Genlog.4983

Genlog.4983

btw ignore trolls here they just no life losers

about duel guns i try thief but what not rely omg how good he was on that
now i try mesmer and he can summon a duel gunner to its fun to see

not rely great damege but fun ^^
for the rest i can help you muh out sorry

Best Dual Pistols class?

Posted by: Ferguson.2157

Ferguson.2157

I have a thief and an engineer who run dual pistols, but…

On my engineer I am usually using either flamethrower or the elixer gun so I rarely actually use just the pistols.

On my thief the dual pistols is my ranged only set that I use only when in a large fight that I can fire into the mass from afar. he usually uses daggers as his primary weapon set.

Both characters are fun to play. As suggested above try each for a bit to see which you prefer or better yet buy another char slot to have one of each!

“What, me worry?” – A. E. Neuman

Best Dual Pistols class?

Posted by: Grumwulf.9602

Grumwulf.9602

I found pistols on the thief really boring as most fight come down to using one ability. With the engineer not only will you be using almost all 5 abilities but you will also have a few F2,3,4 abilities that could really add to gameplay as well, such as throwing a handful of grenades, or a rocket out of your belt. Thief abilities do feel a bit more like pistols though, more like your typical idea of pistols anyway. Engineer pistols are more whacky, such as glue shot, poison darts, flameblasts…not really like pistols at all.

Best Dual Pistols class?

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

dual pistol thief is just mashing 3 until you run out of initiative.

that said, i use it because the amount of hits per second makes it good to combine with signet of malice.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Best Dual Pistols class?

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

dual pistol eng is agood on a condition dmg spec. Lots of condi right there and the 5 skill is a good stopper/chaser.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Best Dual Pistols class?

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

pistol pistol thief has the very satisfying #3 skill “Unload.” It’ll never do as much damage as, say, a warrior with a rifle, but looks cool and is fun to play.

Engineer with pistol/pistol, they never actually shoot them both, and the shots feel rather weird (the sticky splurt #5, what is this a super-soaker?).

Best Dual Pistols class?

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Dual pistol engineer is absolutely amazing in the right hands. I’ve been running it from 1-80 and there have been few people able to beat me 1v1 in WvW or sPvP, and PvE has never been a problem.

The only detractor for P/P engie is that it doesn’t look quite as cool as the thief, who can shoot both pistols at once =D

Best Dual Pistols class?

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

My planned (Tengu) Thief will go dual Daggers and dual Pistols just for the style.

Best Dual Pistols class?

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Thats probably the main reason i went with p/s. The left hand feels dead, like a limp r smthing

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Best Dual Pistols class?

Posted by: Lrdrahl.6120

Lrdrahl.6120

I dual pistol on my theif almost exclusively… dont even need to waste on unload your 5 and 1 creates an endless blind chain. I play 1handed even holding my sun and can take multiple higher level enemies and veterans and take no dmg stealth heal and aoe sealth utilities have plenty of stealth.

Hope that helps

Best Dual Pistols class?

Cosmic Cleric.8653

Thanks all the replies, much appreciated!

Best Dual Pistols class?

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

I thought I would love having dual pistols on my thief, but I quickly fell in love with the "active" style of dual daggers. And then once I got the second weapon set and played around I discovered the thief’s use of shortbows, and, well, needless to say I forgot about pistols.

That said there are certainly traits available to make them viable on a thief, and kiting is pretty easy. You can still be quite the dashing rogue / coy spymistress while unloading a double blast of your barrels!

I don’t have an engineer, so I cannot accurately say it’s more or less doable.

Best Dual Pistols class?

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

My planned (Tengu) Thief will go dual Daggers and dual Pistols just for the style.

@Zaxares: You might be waiting a long time on that planned toon. Last I heard, the Tengu were going to become playable but that idea was scrapped after they created the lore and Domination of Winds. :-\