Best Established MMO of 2014 - Guild Wars 2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

I get the feeling I’m reading hyperbole, but okay. Twenty times the content it is. In fact, one of their patches (of the 13) has more than a quarter of three months of patches (of the thirty) than Guild Wars 2.

I’m also getting the impression FF 14 can change water to wine too, but I might have a looksee about this miraculous game and get back with you later.

Thank you for your . . . um . . . unbiased opinion.

I love both games. One is, as it stands, just better at producing additional content than the other. And no, the 20x was meant literally. You counted 2.0 as a patch. I compared the size of 2.0 to what ANet released as patches, just as you suggested yourself.
Besides, I was talking about the 3monthly big content patches i.e. 2.1-2.4 and not the little ones with bug fixes and features. Pretty sure I said that already.

Suggesting you go play the game and see for yourself is silly but just take it from someone who loves GW2, rushed to the store to get the preorder to play the betas and loved every minute of it, played upon release and even without TP and horrible laggs loved the game to death.
GW2 is great, but they kind of lost track of what they originally set out to do in my opnion.

(edited by Crovax.7854)

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

I get the feeling I’m reading hyperbole, but okay. Twenty times the content it is.

The 20x is referring to the fact that A Realm Reborn isn’t just FF14 remade.

The story of A Realm Reborn takes place after the events of original FF14. The opening cutscene of ARR, the Battle of Carteneau, was the last event to take place in FF14 as, essentially, Bahamut nuked the game.

Essentially, ARR is a sequel to FFXIV, which is why it’s not two years old.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Tentonhammer does still exist?

Well, what is their method of measuring this “best”?

Established MMO #1: Regained 4.000.000 subscribers with a single expansion this year. Looks like success to me.

Established MMO #2: Expanded to China with very limited success (being kind here) while just trying to keep the status quo in the West. Sounds not as successful as MMO #1 to me.

Logic? Tentonhammer is not good at it.

“Best” and. “Most Popular” are not synonyms.

Ahh .. everyone knows that McDonalds serves a much better meal than any 5 star restaurant .. at least everyone in MMO forums

For FFXbla .. i had a beta invite .. never seen such a mess of a beta .. the game was
at that time only playable in 800×600 pixel windowed mode, and still lagging
as hell .. uninstalled it after 10 minutes.

Later i saw gameplay videos where a ranger or whatever was fighting 5 minutes
against a rat .. and not a monster rat .. just a very small rat .. i think he even ran
out of arrows at that fight .. lol

That killed the last interest i ever had in that game.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I get the feeling I’m reading hyperbole, but okay. Twenty times the content it is.

The story of A Realm Reborn takes place after the events of original FF14. The opening cutscene of ARR, the Battle of Carteneau, was the last event to take place in FF14 as, essentially, Bahamut nuked the game.

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait.

The first version crashed and burned, so they’re not calling it #15 because it’s not a reboot . . . it’s “Reborn” because some mob nuked that and said, “Oh hell no.”

And they’re disguising that as . . . story?

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

The first version crashed and burned, so they’re not calling it #15 because it’s a reboot or Reborn because some mob nuked that and said, “Oh hell no.”

Reboot! And they’re disguising that as . . . story?

FF14’s re-realse is ‘’Final Fantasy: a realm reborn’’. It is a re-release of FF14 where alot of systems got refined and revamped. The entire MMO got improved more or less and what followed is also a continuation of the story which also explains the big patches. The re-realsed FF is supposed to resume the story, not only revamp the original game. Which is why I mentioned that yes, the game does have much better updates but one of the reasons is the revamp that they have had and the timeframe that they had to re-create the game and create new content for it.

Filaha.1678

The first version crashed and burned, so they’re not calling it #15 because it’s a reboot or Reborn because some mob nuked that and said, “Oh hell no.”

Reboot! And they’re disguising that as . . . story?

What does this have to do with the fact that they put out more content than GW2? Or anything, for that matter?

I mean, you haven’t played the game, you admitted yourself, so it’s not like you can give any actual opinions on it, so…

Ardenwolfe.8590

What does this have to do with the fact that they put out more content than GW2? Or anything, for that matter?

I mean, you haven’t played the game, you admitted yourself, so it’s not like you can give any actual opinions on it, so…

Well that’s kind of the reason I asked you. And you answered. With FF 14. Don’t worry, I’m downloading it later to find out for myself.

I’m always interested if another game is supposedly better than the one I’m playing, so I’ll give it a look and try.

So, like I can give actual opinions on it. Not trying to show bias, but saying something has 20 times the content in a patch seems a stretch.

I mean, if I said that to you, would you take it at face value?

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

Filaha.1678

Well, that’s kind of the reason I asked you, isn’kitten And you answered. With FF 14. Don’t worry, I’m downloading it later to find out for myself.

So, like I can give actual opinions on it. Not trying to show bias, but saying something has 20 times the content in a patch seems a stretch.

I mean, if I said that to you, would you take it at face value?

As someone who’s been paying attention, you are the one who referred to A Realm Reborn as being part of the original FFXIV, saying it’s misleading to call it only a year old. The person you were responding to was only counting things post-2.0 because FFXIV, the original, is not a thing at all any more. It has nothing to do with ARR except laying the groundwork for the world and story.

So if you’re going to include FFXIV in the “age” of ARR, then yes, one would treat it as a “patch”. However, since that “patch” would therefore be the entirety of ARR, then logically yes, it would be an asston of content comparatively.

You are the one who chose to include the first iteration in the age of ARR, when it’s not really part of ARR.

Ardenwolfe.8590

Wait, wait, wait.

Some of those patches I listed are part of the ‘original’ FF 14 game? Not this Reborn version? So there are actually less patches of content in the Reborn version?

Gone to Reddit.

Filaha.1678

Wait, wait, wait.

Some of those patches I listed are part of the ‘original’ FF 14 game? Not this Reborn version? So there are actually less patches of content in the Reborn version?

Aaaaand this is my cue to be done here.

I didn’t say that at all.

Facts speak for themselves.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Wait, wait, wait.

It was more or less temporary content .. like LS1 .. you can never play it again, but
at least you had payed 15 bucks per week for it ..

LS1 however doesn’t count because it was temporary content and you can’t play it again now.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Ardenwolfe.8590

My apologies, but Filahah’s prior response was rather unclear. Ah, thank you Beldin.

Well, regardless, thank you both again for taking the time to answer my questions. I think the thread’s been derailed enough.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Thiagugu.9682

Thiagugu.9682

Welp, this thread has turned into a bottomless pit of bitterness so it’s prolly getting closed pretty soon.

Congrats to Anet for winning!

“Don’t be discouraged, darling. You can’t help being inferior.”

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Welp, this thread has turned into a bottomless pit of bitterness so it’s prolly getting closed pretty soon.

Congrats to Anet for winning!

Where is the Charlie Sheen “Winning” meme when you need it?!

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Ask and you shall receive!

Attachments:

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Ask and you shall receive!

I like it!