Best Jumping Puzzle EVER

Best Jumping Puzzle EVER

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kite.2510

Kite.2510

Loved this JP.
Though I don’t understand what’s the meaning behind that Final Skrit hole we can’t use…

…and don’t be toxic!

Best Jumping Puzzle EVER

Posted by: garraeth.3267

garraeth.3267

Just wanted to chime in and give kudos to the team as well. I haven’t played GW 2 in about 2 years and came back to this. What a pleasant surprise! My friends and I spent a few hours exploring and figuring it out, getting our achievement and potion. A total blast!

One of the biggest things we loved (along with just the flat-out wonderful exploration) was the fact that it wasn’t a sweaty-palms-halloween-event-twitch-jump “jumping puzzle”. Sure there were some harry parts, but the focus seemed more figuring and exploring than twitching.

Just to be clear, I’m not talking about the jumping puzzle that STARTS off jumping from pole to pole (sticking out of the side of the wall). That one (wherever it leads?) we quit after falling about 20 times.

Best Jumping Puzzle EVER

Posted by: rajule.8054

rajule.8054

finally completed this jp last night and it was awesome. I knew it was big but didn’t realize it spanned nearly the entire zone. above and below. so much great scenery. I loved it the first time I climbed out the the ground and realized I was on the rocks above all the forts and seeing the battle below. really cool.

if I had to give criticism, I think one thing I’d like to see more of in jp’s is interacting with the environment, or actual puzzle sections like in tomb raider. not just a bunch of static rocks and boards to climb over. there are other jumping puzzles rich with such things, but I think because of the shear size of this one, the fact that it was all static and devoid of enemies or creatures was more apparent.

Best Jumping Puzzle EVER

Posted by: rajule.8054

rajule.8054

Loved this JP.
Though I don’t understand what’s the meaning behind that Final Skrit hole we can’t use…

you should be able to use that after you collect the key fragments from the nearby rubble open the chest and finish the “event”

Best Jumping Puzzle EVER

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Loved this JP.

you should be able to use that after you collect the key fragments from the nearby rubble open the chest and finish the “event”

There is another skritt hole further along towards the end of the puzzle. Nothing happens with it even after you have opened the chest.

Best Jumping Puzzle EVER

Posted by: Titus.4285

Titus.4285

Great rewards! Many small chests along the way containing items like “fun”, “atmosphere” and “wonderful sights”. At the end I received a personal buff called “sense of accomplishment”, and I got both “joy” and “laughter” by talking to the Skritt master thief.

The Dowsing Rod was the big treasure, what did you really expect … from a Skritt chest?

There is no greater reward than having fun. If I play through something just simply because I want to, I’d call that nothing short of a success.

Let the Kings and Queens of other lands and lesser creatures
witness our wonders and cry out in astonishment and humble themselves.
Beware our mighty works.

(edited by Titus.4285)

Best Jumping Puzzle EVER

Posted by: Bathos.6341

Bathos.6341

It’s a good jumping puzzlein that it’s actually achallenge to find your way through it rather than just adding time limits or inconvenient mechanics. That said, I still think Super Adventure Box was better. Better rewards too!

Best Jumping Puzzle EVER

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

Nice JP. Died so many times, my nerves are shattered. Was sweating like a bank robber on a heist next to a Police station. On finishing it BOOYYAAAA, (punches air in triumph!).