Best MMO game ever

Best MMO game ever

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Steeldragon.7308

Steeldragon.7308

Hi all. First topic on these forums. I just wanted to come here and say that GW2 is the best MMO game ever. I don’t care what anyone says. I know there are some people that come on here who bash the game because they are not happy with this or that or want to mention they are “leaving” the game because of this or that but whatever. Maybe they don’t appreciate a good game when they see one and find excuses instead of finding different ways to have fun with it. I want to change the scenery a bit here and say thanks Anet for the best MMO game and experience ever! Keep it up and looking forward to see what’s next in the world of Tyria!

I even still play GW1 from time to time and that is also one of the best game’s ever too!

:)

Best MMO game ever

Posted by: Curse Drew.8679

Curse Drew.8679

Yep. I agree, It’s an exceptional game!

Players complain about every game, even the most perfect games will have some players who feel something could be improved. Most complainers love the game too, but want a change somewhere.

Complaining constructively is good for the game. Look at the new gem conversion, without complaints Anet would of known nothing was wrong, but 30+ pages of complaints lead Anet improving it. Anet does a great job listening to everyones feedback, and trying to implement the things they feel is best for the game.

Thanks Anet, you’re awesome!

Best MMO game ever

Posted by: Altair.6109

Altair.6109

No, GW2 was the best MMO game ever.
Game starts to stale when you don’t add new content for like two years.
Beside, people who said they are “leaving” never said they won’t come back,
they will come back when Anet add new stuff. It’s free anyway.

@Zoso
Only new zones , and new story could count as “content”, and
the only new zone they add in 2 years is one map(nice map tho).
Yes, you are right. All the new stuff they add in this game is fee, so
I actually don’t understand why people complained soo much, but gw2
is definitely not the best mmo ever.
ps : holiday events are the same , they still use the same one.

(edited by Altair.6109)

Best MMO game ever

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Edit : last post was kinda mean reworded it cuz after reading I felt like an Ahole.

In two years we have

-New zones
-New gear
-New skins
-holiday events
-New story

and its all free.

to name a few.

Necromancer Main

(edited by Zoso.8279)

Best MMO game ever

Posted by: Skugga.5298

Skugga.5298

and its all free.

Do you think they have an ingame gemstore and updates that revolve new skins because it is all free ? Think again ! I know off people who spend double the price of other MMORPGS a month and most people who do that just do it to SUPPORT A-net but what do they get in return for support ? Grind , and more grind.

Best MMO game ever

Zoso.8279

and its all free.

Do you think they have an ingame gemstore and updates that revolve new skins because it is all free ? Think again ! I know off people who spend double the price of other MMORPGS a month and most people who do that just do it to SUPPORT A-net but what do they get in return for support ? Grind , and more grind.

Yeah but all items in gem store can be bought with in game gold. If they support the game so much to spend double than other MMO then for them its not a grind. And the “grind” in this game is light compared to ALL other MMO. I never felt like I had to grind for anything in this game. I can get gold by doing PvP/WvW/PvE just depends how fast I want to get that shiny looking dagger skin for example which isn’t even required to do anything its just for looks.

Necromancer Main

(edited by Zoso.8279)

Best MMO game ever

Posted by: IcarusMelody.5312

IcarusMelody.5312

and its all free.

Yeah but all items in gem store can be bought with in game gold. If they support the game so much to spend double than other MMO then for them its not a grind. And the “grind” in this game is light compared to ALL other MMO.

No, the grind is as heavy if not more so than other MMO’s. Everyone has been doing the same content for two years after they had their run of their daily living story zerg content. I spent close to $400 on the game supporting Anet.. hoping their would’ve been more fleshed out dungeons and new armor sets to strive for. Instead of getting that content though they just popularized mindless zergs for rewards to convert gold to gems to get new armor sets.

Best MMO game ever

Zoso.8279

and its all free.

Yeah but all items in gem store can be bought with in game gold. If they support the game so much to spend double than other MMO then for them its not a grind. And the “grind” in this game is light compared to ALL other MMO.

No, the grind is as heavy if not more so than other MMO’s. Everyone has been doing the same content for two years after they had their run of their daily living story zerg content. I spent close to $400 on the game supporting Anet.. hoping their would’ve been more fleshed out dungeons and new armor sets to strive for. Instead of getting that content though they just popularized mindless zergs for rewards to convert gold to gems to get new armor sets.

IDK….. If playing the game is a grind then why play? A new dungeon path was added to TA and nobody plays because its not rewarding enough and too hard but the people who complained about harder dungeons I thought they asked for that because of the challenge. Guess they might not know exactly what it is that they want. People who wanted gear treadmill got fractals/ascended gear. How do you define grinding?

Necromancer Main

(edited by Zoso.8279)

Best MMO game ever

IcarusMelody.5312

and its all free.

IDK….. If playing the game is a grind then why play? How do you define grinding?

Doing the same thing over and over. With the same content over and over. The idea being is that some people get fed up with the grind and just pay for the gems. Or after you grind the gold you needed to get that new set from the gem store; you go right back to doing it again to be ready for whatever the new set might be in the gem store later.

Best MMO game ever

Zoso.8279

and its all free.

IDK….. If playing the game is a grind then why play? How do you define grinding?

Doing the same thing over and over. With the same content over and over. The idea being is that some people get fed up with the grind and just pay for the gems. Or after you grind the gold you needed to get that new set from the gem store; you go right back to doing it again to be ready for whatever the new set might be in the gem store later.

You just described every MMO ever created. GW2 give you free story and new zones to explore to get new gear specific to the zone and its all free. The only difference that I see is that GW2 doesnt make you watch your toon fly a dragon or whatever for 20min to extend the content basically smokes and mirrors.

Necromancer Main

Best MMO game ever

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

No, GW2 was the best MMO game ever.
Game starts to stale when you don’t add new content for like two years.
Beside, people who said they are “leaving” never said they won’t come back,
they will come back when Anet add new stuff. It’s free anyway.

@Zoso
Only new zones , and new story could count as “content”, and
the only new zone they add in 2 years is one map(nice map tho).
Yes, you are right. All the new stuff they add in this game is fee, so
I actually don’t understand why people complained soo much, but gw2
is definitely not the best mmo ever.
ps : holiday events are the same , they still use the same one.

Eum… EoTM, Southsun Cove and Dry Top. That’s 3, not one. Also you have to take in to account that Anet didn’t wanna make to many new maps during LS1 as they didn’t have Megaservers at that time wich would result in dead zones as it is in other MMO’s where only the new and interesting maps is overflowing with people. Now they have the Megaservers and they have started to make new maps, I cannot say for sure but it is pretty hinted that there will be another new map on november 4 (But I could be wrong). Also about holiday events, most MMO’s I have played has the same events every year with just some new fluff to farm for, why would GW2 be less good becouse they have the same thing as the other MMO’s? Heh…

Well in my opinion GW2 is the best MMO I ever played so far and you can’t say I definitely thing GW2 isn’t the best MMO. I get it that it is your opinion but you make it sound like OP is wrong about thinking GW2 is the best MMO.
I can’t think of any reason why I would find another MMO-RPG better than GW2.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Best MMO game ever

Zoso.8279

Imagine GW2 had no WP. The life of the game would extend 2x just because of the time it takes to walk to places. That imho is not a good thing.

Necromancer Main

Best MMO game ever

IcarusMelody.5312

and its all free.

You just described every MMO ever created. GW2 give you free story and new zones to explore to get new gear specific to the zone and its all free.

Let me clarify; new content doesnt require gear treadmill. It does require new skins though because thats the only thing to strive for in GW2. Most skins new skins are locked behind the gem store and not content. I expected new dungeons to be in placed by now.. along with new tokens for said dungeon(s). What I was pointing out is that the “free” aspect is what makes the game a grind, if you dont want to buy gems.

More content is never bad and this game lacks it. I saw this over a year ago and I stopped playing over a year ago because everyone was still like “living story is so cool so unheard of!” even though all MMO’s have literally already done it and provided much more content and story while doing it.

Best MMO game ever

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

I don’t care what anyone says.

you are what is known as a fanboy

Expressing your own opinion makes you a fanboy?

Shocking as it may sound, to those who frequent this forum, people actually like the game. Otherwise, they wouldn’t play it. They actually like it even more than other games, otherwise, they would be playing those other games.

Best MMO game ever

Zoso.8279

and its all free.

You just described every MMO ever created. GW2 give you free story and new zones to explore to get new gear specific to the zone and its all free.

Let me clarify; new content doesnt require gear treadmill. It does require new skins though because thats the only thing to strive for in GW2. Most skins new skins are locked behind the gem store and not content. I expected new dungeons to be in placed by now.. along with new tokens for said dungeon(s). What I was pointing out is that the “free” aspect is what makes the game a grind, if you dont want to buy gems.

More content is never bad and this game lacks it. I saw this over a year ago and I stopped playing over a year ago because everyone was still like “living story is so cool so unheard of!” even though all MMO’s have literally already done it and provided much more content and story while doing it.

I agree more content is never a bad thing but this game doesn’t lack it. GW2 has had new content in the 2 years its been up and the way it looks more is coming. I have yet to get full glorious armor (heavy/mid/light armor) or truly used up dry top or south sun (I’ve been PvPing a lot lately so the new maps have been on the to do list). Also both new zones have added new skins with them.

Necromancer Main

(edited by Zoso.8279)

Best MMO game ever

Posted by: mage.3570

mage.3570

The game got stale for me already. These days I just follow the zerg around and level new characters. The funny part is I will probably never play them after they reach level 80. To me, the leveling process seems like ‘progress’ is being made.

Been there, done that. What’s next?

Best MMO game ever

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Yes it is a very good game. Yes you will be attacked in this or any other games forums for enjoying that game. Inbuilt phobia in some people to admit they enjoy something.

Best MMO game ever

Zoso.8279

Personally I see the real fun of GW2 in PvP/WvW. Not saying PvE is not fun or important because PvE is huge but being able to organize a server to attack in coordination and control the maps is not only fun but extremely social activity and PvP is where the truly skilled imo players/builds are shown. Everyone plays the game differently and what might be fun for me is extremely boring for others but GW2 gives you options. Personally I believe PvP whatever form is what keeps games alive all PvE content will eventually get a bit old but the competitive nature of PvP really never gets old. If you look at console game yeah the story mode is fun and all but the multiplayer is what keeps the game going mainly thinking of halo/CoD/battlefield (battlefield was pure multiplayer for a long time and is HUGE) now sure the examples I gave are shooters but it still applies to all competitive genres.

Necromancer Main

Best MMO game ever

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

IDK….. If playing the game is a grind then why play? A new dungeon path was added to TA and nobody plays because its not rewarding enough and too hard but the people who complained about harder dungeons I thought they asked for that because of the challenge. Guess they might not know exactly what it is that they want. People who wanted gear treadmill got fractals/ascended gear. How do you define grinding?

There is a fine line between Difficulty and Length and people confuse the two way too much.

Best MMO game ever

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Yeah I agree it’s a great game for me, and nobody is forced to buy anything from the Gem Store to continue their play on this game.

Ignore the Doomsayers bringing your very positive topic down, OP! Love the game like I do!

/cheer

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Best MMO game ever

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

No, I think you have to be completely unreasonable for that. It seems to me that the OP is sharing his subjective opinion.

And yes, the game is quite fantastic. And yes, there are a lot of additions that can be made to vastly improve the game.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

Best MMO game ever

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

GW2 is definitely one of the most quality mmorpg on the market right now.

Best MMO game ever

Zoso.8279

gotta love fanboy circlejerks like this
and no, GW2 is by far not the best MMO. After couple of last months, it’s barely a good MMO.

LOL so let me guess AA is better? no wait KOTOR is better? Oh wait no WoW is better… play 3hr watch your toon travel for 2hr lol. All the hype this and that and what ended up happening? The people who left for AA came back after realizing how great GW2 really is and now they defend it because GW2 is not P2W like so many other “F2P” games. Its like that saying goes you don’t know what you have till you don’t have it anymore.

I don’t mean to attack any other game because they all have their pros/cons but lets be realistic here GW2 is doing a lot of things right. I probably sound like the biggest fanboy but after playing all them other MMO I truly appreciate GW2.

Necromancer Main

Best MMO game ever

Zoso.8279

There is a fine line between Difficulty and Length and people confuse the two way too much.

Maybe. I can’t disagree with you on that one. I guess its up to the Raid ppl to help this new CDI be everything the hardcore gamers want it to be.

Necromancer Main

Best MMO game ever

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

and its all free.

Do you think they have an ingame gemstore and updates that revolve new skins because it is all free ? Think again ! I know off people who spend double the price of other MMORPGS a month

i’m a pvper so i sometimes buy new costumes hoping that a new look will breath life in to the 1 game mode and the same 6 maps…it doesn’t XD
i agree with you though, if the game is still going it is because they are making a profit, we should see more content, call me crazy but lets turn it into 2 pvp game modes?! wild eh!

Best MMO game ever

Zoso.8279

and its all free.

Do you think they have an ingame gemstore and updates that revolve new skins because it is all free ? Think again ! I know off people who spend double the price of other MMORPGS a month

i’m a pvper so i sometimes buy new costumes hoping that a new look will breath life in to the 1 game mode and the same 6 maps…it doesn’t XD
i agree with you though, if the game is still going it is because they are making a profit, we should see more content, call me crazy but lets turn it into 2 pvp game modes?! wild eh!

Have you seen the new leaked maps. In Blu’s META show they talked a bit about it. Who knows maybe we get a GvG type of game mode or something. Only speculation but something is definitely on its way.

Necromancer Main

Best MMO game ever

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

and its all free.

Have you seen the new leaked maps. In Blu’s META show they talked a bit about it. Who knows maybe we get a GvG type of game mode or something. Only speculation but something is definitely on its way.

they leaked this maps over 1 year ago and nothing happens – arenanet just to slow

Best MMO game ever

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

These 2 maps were datamined a little over 1 month ago, they are actually in the game files now

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2fxoo3/datamining_upcoming_features_from_the_feature_pack/

Best MMO game ever

Zoso.8279

These 2 maps were datamined a little over 1 month ago, they are actually in the game files now

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2fxoo3/datamining_upcoming_features_from_the_feature_pack/

ok just wild guesses here. One map is GvG but kinda like a small scale WvW map. Other map is a new PvP map and the green map is a new jumping puzzle! Where is my cookie ANET?!

Necromancer Main

Best MMO game ever

Posted by: Davey.7029

Davey.7029

Hi all. First topic on these forums. I just wanted to come here and say that GW2 is the best MMO game ever. I don’t care what anyone says. I know there are some people that come on here who bash the game because they are not happy with this or that or want to mention they are “leaving” the game because of this or that but whatever. Maybe they don’t appreciate a good game when they see one and find excuses instead of finding different ways to have fun with it. I want to change the scenery a bit here and say thanks Anet for the best MMO game and experience ever! Keep it up and looking forward to see what’s next in the world of Tyria!

I even still play GW1 from time to time and that is also one of the best game’s ever too!

Good for you that you like the game, but you don’t seem to understand how important constructive feedback is, and this is where you see most of it: on the forums.
People “complain” and “bash”, not because they hate the game, but because they love it, otherwise they wouldn’t be here anymore.

The only posts that are useless are the “I’M GONNA LEAVE THIS GAME THIS IS HORRIBLE, GOODBYE ARENA NET”, because those don’t tell us anything and a lot of times are made by trolls who are still playing the game.

Also devs love talking to us (the CDI’s are solid proof of that) and they do implement new content and change the game based on players’ suggestions.

(edited by Davey.7029)

Best MMO game ever

Posted by: Sarabande.8260

Sarabande.8260

If this game had healing I would be hopelessly addicted. GW2 is an amazing game, but DPS only holds my interest for so long. I take a 3 or 4 month break and come back. I understand the soft trinity thing and all, but if they ever make support more viable (let me use clerics gear on ele for instance), this game will achieve greatness imo. Still GW2 is a rock solid game that I recommend to others, ESPECIALLY people who love DPS which is like “90%” of the MMO community.

Best MMO game ever

Posted by: KngGilgamesh.3481

KngGilgamesh.3481

Good for you that you like the game, but you don’t seem to understand how important constructive feedback is, and this is where you see most of it: on the forums.
People “complain” and “bash”, not because they hate the game, but because they love it, otherwise they wouldn’t be here anymore.

The only posts that are useless are the “I’M GONNA LEAVE THIS GAME THIS IS HORRIBLE, GOODBYE ARENA NET”, because those don’t tell us anything and a lot of times are made by trolls who are still playing the game.

Also devs love talking to us (the CDI’s are solid proof of that) and they do implement new content and change the game based on players’ suggestions.

The problem is that so few people know how to give fair constructive criticism or even judge the merits and failures of stuff. People often get dramatic , use hyperbole, call names, etc. The trolls and the dramatic crowd also often bury them.
Many also don’t check the effects themselves. Often the complaining starts before the change, it’s even justified sometimes (like with commander tags), but other times it is baseless (profession based loot for example). The band wagon effect is very strong too. Everyone hated the NPE before they even knew what the changes were and there was so much bad information going around about the level locks that everyone believed, some of it was because of bugs but most was from other players.
Also looking back at Ascended release it was the same, everyone was proclaiming doom (that there will be a gear treadmill now and power creep) and saying that they quit the game. This was before even a single item was released. Now I think that Ascended gear was probably a very good change to game. It gave many people something to do and fractals are an interesting game type.

Best MMO game ever

Posted by: Schwarzseher.9873

Schwarzseher.9873

Lets see if you still think the same if you get the same stuf over and over again for 2 years without any trace of new major content.

Best MMO game ever

Zoso.8279

Lets see if you still think the same if you get the same stuf over and over again for 2 years without any trace of new major content.

What do you consider major content? I consider Fractals/ascended gear/LS/new pvp maps major content. I’m about to fight a new dragon that has just awoken which is nice too lol.

Necromancer Main

Best MMO game ever

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

I love this game too, doesn’t mean there aren’t fair complaints being discussed on the forums. If you want a mostly positive attitude, find people in game.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Best MMO game ever

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I don’t know a lot of people I know are playing two years and are still enjoying the game. Of course, we do guild missions a couple of times a week, which weren’t hear at launch and we like the living story. This time of year we’ve having fun with the lunatic inquisiton the Clock Tower and the Labyrinth.

We do a bit of everything so it doesn’t get old for us. We’re not dungeon runners or WvW or PvPers. We just run around and do stuff. Keeps the game entertaining for us.

Best MMO game ever

Posted by: Davey.7029

Davey.7029

The problem is that so few people know how to give fair constructive criticism or even judge the merits and failures of stuff. People often get dramatic , use hyperbole, call names, etc. The trolls and the dramatic crowd also often bury them.
Many also don’t check the effects themselves. Often the complaining starts before the change, it’s even justified sometimes (like with commander tags), but other times it is baseless (profession based loot for example). The band wagon effect is very strong too. Everyone hated the NPE before they even knew what the changes were and there was so much bad information going around about the level locks that everyone believed, some of it was because of bugs but most was from other players.
Also looking back at Ascended release it was the same, everyone was proclaiming doom (that there will be a gear treadmill now and power creep) and saying that they quit the game. This was before even a single item was released. Now I think that Ascended gear was probably a very good change to game. It gave many people something to do and fractals are an interesting game type.

Well yes, but those posts aren’t really considered constructive criticism, right? :P

Best MMO game ever

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

I want to change the scenery a bit here and say thanks Anet for the best MMO game and experience ever!

- It’s addicting like cocaine is addicting. You just want more and more of it without stopping and without getting tired. You shirk your responsibilities and become lonesome figure who is only interested in the next carrot on the patch, that new armor, those new achievements and collectibles.

When you say that this is the best MMO, I read it as the most addicting MMO. That’s not something to be happy about.

Best MMO game ever

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I want to change the scenery a bit here and say thanks Anet for the best MMO game and experience ever!

- It’s addicting like cocaine is addicting. You just want more and more of it without stopping and without getting tired. You shirk your responsibilities and become lonesome figure who is only interested in the next carrot on the patch, that new armor, those new achievements and collectibles.

When you say that this is the best MMO, I read it as the most addicting MMO. That’s not something to be happy about.

I was more addicted to WoW than to Guild Wars 2….but I have more fun playing Guild Wars 2. I like this game because I don’t need to work for armor. I have my armor. It doesn’t matter if I get a skin I want today, or tomorrow, or next thursday or next April. Won’t change the game for me. That’s a very powerful thing coming from other MMOs.

In some MMOs you need gear to do current content. You have to have that gear to be accepted into parties. There are DPS checks that make sure you can’t do the content without specific stats. In six months no one will be doing that content and you’ll be out in the cold. No thanks.

As an example, I still don’t have all the achievements from TA Aetherblade path (I’m missing three) and though I really want a mini clockheart…I got time. I’ll get to it when I get to it.

Best MMO game ever

Posted by: Zroh.3712

Zroh.3712

I don’t think it matters what game it is… at one point, anyone who’s played any MMO with any level of consistency will reach “end game”, and wants new content. I think what really keeps players grinding away after that, is things like the people they play with (which could have the opposite effect, obviously), the familiarity to the game, the aversion to starting from scratch in a different game…

As to GW2 being “the best MMO ever”, well, obviously such a statement is very subjective.

Personally, there are a number of things I really like about GW2, such as the elaborate world boss fights like Tequatl or the Triple Double, the scaling dynamic events, the crafting (the non-competitive resource farming, the crafting GUI, although not so much the grind for mats and the RNG on dyes), great animations and art style (within its theme), being able to purchase items in the cash shop with in-game currency, the way character creation affects the first stages of your personal story, the so-called living world, the size of the world…

But there are things that detract from the game, after having different experiences in other games, such as being stuck with a class, the limited number of builds, the hodgepodge theme of the game (medieval high fantasy steampunk?), the lack of in-game animosity amongst guilds (after all, the game is called Guild Wars, not Guild Pow Wow, no?), the lore…

Anyway, if OP feels GW2 is the best MMO ever, great, that’s the only opinion OP needs to care about, and good for OP that OP can enjoy the game the way OP does.

(edited by Zroh.3712)

Best MMO game ever

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

I haven’t had time to read all the posts yet, but I read the first few, arguably if everyone posting here still plays gw2 as their main game it is the best mmo (for them).

I tried to pick the “best” mmo from a list in my head, but gw2 won every time; not because it’s absolutely better then everything else, but because if any other game was better I’d probably be skimming their forums for controversial topics to get me through the work day.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

Best MMO game ever

Posted by: ckotoc.5421

ckotoc.5421

Best mmo if you cant afford to pay for a sub yes.

Best MMO game ever

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I haven’t had time to read all the posts yet, but I read the first few, arguably if everyone posting here still plays gw2 as their main game it is the best mmo (for them).

I tried to pick the “best” mmo from a list in my head, but gw2 won every time; not because it’s absolutely better then everything else, but because if any other game was better I’d probably be skimming their forums for controversial topics to get me through the work day.

Best MMO game ever

Posted by: Steeldragon.7308

Steeldragon.7308

Wow, didn’t expect all these replies and arguments. I was just saying it’s the best MMO game is all. Nothing wrong with that

Why thank you! I love feedback I guess I stirred someone up maybe more for being positive about something. Now, you people who post negative things to others who like something in particular know what it feels like to us now don’t you?

Well, you read it wrong.
—————————————————-
Now I realize this is a MMO and because it’s an MMO it’s in our nature to EXPECT new content added left and right to keep the game “going” and for others to “continue playing”. This has been going on for God knows how long but it’s still a game right? Games were meant to be played and have fun on right? Most of the players who are criticizing the game are veterans anyway so I can understand where they are coming from but why waste time criticizing when you can either A) Find new ways to play and have fun instead of doing the same thing over and over or B ) Find something else to play if you “done it all”. Also there’s the new players that come into the game probably every day who will have fun with it and not criticize it because they are having fun, because there’s so much to do before reaching that glorious level 80 and finally beating the game. They are the backbone of this game that will continue to keep playing and keep the game going and many more new players will enter this game in the years to come. Face it, the game is only 2 years old. TWO. Quit acting like it’s 5 or more. There’s still plenty of time to add new content and expansions for you spoiled veterans * grabs your cheek *

Best MMO game ever

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

I was more addicted to WoW than to Guild Wars 2….but I have more fun playing Guild Wars 2. I like this game because I don’t need to work for armor. I have my armor. It doesn’t matter if I get a skin I want today, or tomorrow, or next thursday or next April. Won’t change the game for me. That’s a very powerful thing coming from other MMOs.

- If you read what you said, you can find that it’s just the talk of lonesome figure who is chasing carrot on a stick. “I like this game… because it doesn’t contain this aversive element from some other game.”

What’s the meaning of “liking” something anyway? It’s not pleasurable like reading a good book is pleasurable. The emotions the player experiences are not happiness like happiness of watching a good comedy. The challenges are not challenging like chess is challenging. Being in a party is not any kind of sociality. What remains, thus, is some kind of lizard brain that says I must follow through the suggestions the game constantly feeds me and I feel rewarded because the game says I’ve been rewarded.

Best MMO game ever

Posted by: Zroh.3712

Zroh.3712

What’s the meaning of “liking” something anyway? It’s not pleasurable like reading a good book is pleasurable. The emotions the player experiences are not happiness like happiness of watching a good comedy. The challenges are not challenging like chess is challenging. Being in a party is not any kind of sociality. What remains, thus, is some kind of lizard brain that says I must follow through the suggestions the game constantly feeds me and I feel rewarded because the game says I’ve been rewarded.

Is that you, Ivan?

Best MMO game ever

Dasenthal.6520

- If you read what you said, you can find that it’s just the talk of lonesome figure who is chasing carrot on a stick. “I like this game… because it doesn’t contain this aversive element from some other game.”

Idk….
The first time I finished a 24 man raid (not gw2) gave me pleasure (mostly cause I finally got to go to bed at 4am), happiness. It certainly provided plenty of challenge (some of it internal {being up till 4 in the morning after working the day before} some of it external { Thorog stepping on you… For example})
I quit playing that game 3 years ago in preparation for gw2, I still talk to a few of those guys. Certainly a very social experience when you add the 3rd party voice software (ventrillo at the time, but raidcall, Skype, and TS)

Best MMO game ever

Posted by: Mogrey.3891

Mogrey.3891

gw2 grindy???yeah maybe but for stuff you may not need after all.
everyone remember lotro?i spent 100+hours only in bree and low lvl areas just to earn turbine points to unlock the rest zones.seriously?to quest in most zones you had to unlock them with money and turbine points.

i’m a poor and lonesome ranger.
Mogrey Norn Ranger [DS]

Best MMO game ever

Posted by: Alienmuppet.1942

Alienmuppet.1942

Or someone with their own mind that doesn’t follow the crowd, use other peoples words, and really does not care what anyone else thinks or says. That does not make someone a fanboy, whatever that is.

Back on topic.. I have tried a few other new MMO games recently, and they all seemed to be plagued with bad animation and clunky combat mechanics, so here I will stay for now even though I do have some of my own gripes.

Best MMO game ever

Dasenthal.6520

@ the lotro comment you were grinding because it was ftp. Which makes it difficult to fairly compare here