Best Server That's *Not* TC

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sarabande.8260

Sarabande.8260

Hey guys, I need to know what is the best server in the game that’s not Tarnished Coast. See I really like RP, but TC, as you know, is high ranked in wvw so it’s almost impossible to get in, this doubly so with this tournament thing going on.

So, I ask you, in terms of a strong (read: NICE) community what North American server is closest to TC’s awesome community? I know about the Mega Server thing but read this:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Megaservers-and-RP/first#post3847854

Seems that even with mega servers you are give preference to playing with people from the server you select. Bear in mind that witing is 5months old so something may have changed.

Either way, I am looking for a realm that although not established as the de-facto RP realm, still has some RP nonetheless, or they are at least somewhat open-minded toward RP’ers.

I hear Sanctum of Rall and Gate of Madness has a bit of Taven RP going on… can someone conform/deny.

Input please and thank you!

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

You know you can guest still. If you guest on TC, you will have a high probability of getting to a Megaserver with lots of TC people. Joining in an RP Guild from TC would make the the odds even higher.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Have you tried joining an RP guild? From what I know, the Megaservers prioritise guildies over servers when putting them in the same map, so if you join an RP guild, that might be an easier way of getting into the right instance by default whenever you enter maps that are RP hot spots like DR.

Sarabande.8260

Great advice, me and my bf will look for a good RP guild, but in the meantime what server would you guys recommend? Save wvw does it even matter, really? Is what I linked in the OP still relevant?

Okay, okay… aside RP honest question: I am not much of a wvw’er. But if we wanted to do that in the fiture what is it like if we are on a realm under t2 or 3? Does wvw absolutely stink on a server like that?

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

No, WvW does not stink on t2 or t3. T1 is the top 3 servers of a region, t2 the next three and so on. Currently NA top three has been somewhat static, but that does not mean the next three servers aren’t good and even less that they would not be having fun.

Sarabande.8260

Thanks, Garambola.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I honestly haven’t been on any other servers apart from Tarnished Coast, so I couldn’t rightly say. :/

WvW is different on lower populated servers. On T1, strategies tend to revolve around huge groups of players that are extremely difficult to fight unless you also have a similarly sized group. Open field battles tend to be almost hypnotising flowing routines like two schools of piranhas passing by each other and slowly whittling each other down.

On less populated servers, I hear that battles tend to be more strategic, involving more compact groups of 10 or less that usually have more focused objectives, like harassing supply caravans, capturing a poorly defended Tower and such.

Unless you happen to end up on a really empty server fighting one much more populated than you though, I’d say that WvW is generally fairly balanced.