Best boss in game?

Best boss in game?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Talking about mechanics required to beat them, not appearances. And going by that, I’d honestly have to say the Giant Toad in SAB is the best boss in the game lol, the first few times anyway, trying to figure out its pattern and such.

Everything else is pretty much a zerg spamming #1 and going afk….

Best boss in game?

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

Giganticus Lupicus

Best boss in game?

Posted by: Banena.6203

Banena.6203

I don’t know about “Best Boss”. That is a pretty subjective opinion, but I think some of the Fractal bosses have some decent mechanics to them that make the fights fun/entertaining.

Best boss in game?

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

I would say Giganticus Lupicus is by far the best mechanically designed boss with Fire Shaman (at high level fractals) and Alphard (if not bugged so she doesn’t spin) tied for second.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

Best boss in game?

Posted by: Lord Rager.8543

Lord Rager.8543

I think Claw P2 is a fun fight. No more stand on cliff and shot him

Commander The Tallest Rager
Darkhaven Asuran Guardian
S O T D Warband [SotD]

Best boss in game?

Posted by: ExZee.8109

ExZee.8109

Giganticus Lupicus is the only PvE boss I had fun, dying multiple times on my first few runs while trying to figure out his patterns. The final boss in the volcanic fractal was also fun, only because I usually ended up soloing him, but that was long before the updates that screwed up fractals.

Otherwise PvE bosses are massive design failures in a game with active combat.

Best boss in game?

Posted by: wauwi.9162

wauwi.9162

at a 4 member mid-level party, the double boss fight at AC story is fun
actually any AC story main boss fight (except for the flute-lady) is still fun.

[EU/GER]Elona’s Reach: Aerrith: Lv80 Ranger / Sephirra: Lv80 Mesmer
“Only the finest of potatoes in my zerkburgers.”

Best boss in game?

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

ALL bosses should be like Lupicus in difficulty.

Best boss in game?

Posted by: purpleskies.3274

purpleskies.3274

I loved the final boss of COF story mode because he seemed like a boss for a change, not just a larger mob or humanoid (big fire demon coming out of a char). He also had a really neat mechanic if you did it the way the fight was designed, where you are running boulders up the hill while lava balls were coming down. He also had phases so later in the fight he would send more rocks and walls would pop up to block your both. This was until I learned all ground attacks hurt him and there is a safe space where you can stand the whole fight and be safe. Still my favorite boss fight in terms of design if you do it the intended way.

I also loved the eye of zhaitan fight from the personal story quest. Again the boss felt unique because I hadn’t run into one of the eyes before and it seemed like it was a unique fight and had a fun mechanic how it would teleport to different places and use different attacks that you had to dodge to get close to him.

Outside of those, there are some fractal bosses that aren’t too bad, but again could really use some more active mechanics and phases. Also really hate that almost every boss in fractals is just a large regular mob or humanoid (I know it takes resources but a boss needs to feel unique and special not just a re-skinned and/or bigger mob). Overall not impressed at all with the bosses in the game.

(edited by purpleskies.3274)

Best boss in game?

Posted by: Nova.8021

Nova.8021

I don’t see why lupicus is considered hard, I managed to kill him on my first try along with a group of people who also didn’t know the fight. I was one of the people still up at the end as a glass mesmer with a guardian still up as well.

Best boss in game?

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

the final boss in AC, detha chain, dunno what path.

But its the ‘ghost busters’ one.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Best boss in game?

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

GL always gives me a thrill fighting it even though I’ve done it almost 30 times.

Other than that, I quite like the final boss in SE story. Pretty easy, but fun.
Drakin Cinderspire is one of the best open world bosses but his throwing axe damage needs a bit of toning down. It reminds me too much of mossman’s throwing axe.

Oceanic [LOD]

Best boss in game?

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

From the ones I’ve fought, there were a few that really stood out.

#1: Subject Alpha. Before the tactic of just stacking on him and dodging was discovered, Subject Alpha was always an intense and interesting fight. Every moment seemed like it could be your last, with AoEs flying everyone and having to randomly focus on saving one of your comrades. I had to load up on a ton of escape moves just to survive.

He’s still a pretty decent fight, all in all.

#2: Priestess of Grenth. Between the buff to the priest and the most recent nerf, this guy was HARD. Groups of players failed at him far more than they succeeded, and even though the strategy to beating him was simple it was hard to execute. I would run around the map, yelling orders at people and watch them not listen, watching a single player blow it for everyone who was there.

The battle is quite simple itself, but more complicated than most boss fights: First you clear out the adds around the area, then a couple of players get buffs and start killing the shades while a few others actively engage the priest. All the while players will keep an eye on the priest to see who he aggros. At each quarter of his HP taken off, more mobs spawn and then players who do not have the priests aggro run to engage those mobs. Repeat until he is nearly dead, in which all players then immediately converge on the priest to kill him as quickly as possible due to the insane amount of shades spawned. Players who were killed by the fall damage would rez at a waypoint and run back.

But this failed so many times. I’d see a random guy run up, attack the priest, get his butt beat by the priest and mobs, wet himself, then run out into the hallway. This would drag the priest of grenth to deadrun, who would then quickly be killed. I’d see players die and lie there asking for a rez, refusing to waypoint because it is “too far”, and every time someone tries to rez them they get killed by the priests AoE. I myself would die sometimes, and so I would rez at a waypoint and run back, just to see those same players lying dead in that exact same spot. Since soloing the priest was hit or miss, I would sometimes die again, run back again, and again see those same players lying dead on the ground. Still begging for a rez because the waypoint was “too far”. I’d see groups of players swarm the priest, get overloaded with adds, and then ruin it for everyone because now there is a hundred shades in the area.

All in all, for those who are competent it is quite fun.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Best boss in game?

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Toad Tyrant in SAB is definitely best boss in game.

Best boss in game?

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

I’m going to have to say,….

Vexa
Mini-dungeon: Vexa’s Lab, Heartfire Rise

Why?
>> The first section of the fight is attacking her in a giant Golem suit that shoots a knockback AOE as it rocket jumps around the room. Sections of the ground platform disappear depending on whether shot by her or destroyed around her in an explosive landing. This is key because the whole area is floating above a shark pool filled with Veteran sharks of different species and aggression.

>>After the first phase, she loses the suit and standings in the middle attacking outward while multiple turrets are spawned on what are now honeycomb wire-frames of the floor panels. Oh, and micro-golem bots are running path that instantly knock off anyone who they touch.

To recap:

-Multiphase

-Robot suit

-Pit of sharks

-Mini evil robot

-Turrets

-Floor changing

Best boss in game?

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

I’m going to have to say,….

Vexa
Mini-dungeon: Vexa’s Lab, Heartfire Rise

Why?
>> The first section of the fight is attacking her in a giant Golem suit that shoots a knockback AOE as it rocket jumps around the room. Sections of the ground platform disappear depending on whether shot by her or destroyed around her in an explosive landing. This is key because the whole area is floating above a shark pool filled with Veteran sharks of different species and aggression.

>>After the first phase, she loses the suit and standings in the middle attacking outward while multiple turrets are spawned on what are now honeycomb wire-frames of the floor panels. Oh, and micro-golem bots are running path that instantly knock off anyone who they touch.

To recap:

-Multiphase

-Robot suit

-Pit of sharks

-Mini evil robot

-Turrets

-Floor changing

Omg, I remember doing it. When I finally killed her, I was standing there for good hell minute asking myself: Why the hell a mini dungeon boss mechanic is more complex than most dungeon and factal bosses??? Can you believe that… AreneNet logic, go figure.

Best boss in game?

Posted by: Zi Yang.5387

Zi Yang.5387

Fire shaman at Iron march.
Oh those tornadoes where can you find so many tornadoes.
And NPCs are funny.

Best boss in game?

Posted by: Vargs.6234

Vargs.6234

Lupi for sure.

Another boss I like is the forgeman at the end of SE story. Sure, it’s easy to solo, but it’s something different/interesting, it’s not tedious, and is also visually impressive.

Best boss in game?

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

Me.

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

Best boss in game?

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

-Kohler
-Alpha without exploits
-Giant in CoE story
-Giganticus Lupicus
-Legendary Shaman in grawl Fractal

I don’t see why lupicus is considered hard, I managed to kill him on my first try along with a group of people who also didn’t know the fight. I was one of the people still up at the end as a glass mesmer with a guardian still up as well.

It’s not about a boss being hard or difficult. It’s about having good, interesting or fun mechanics that make for a good fight. Most bosses that are being mentioned have mechanics that make a dynamic fight, forces players to move around, and use more than 1 or 2 attacks over again.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

(edited by Milennin.4825)

Best boss in game?

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

Any boss that require you to be on your toes is good.

Kholer is a good entry boss. Got to watch out for the pull, but not as unforgiving. (Plus support character can negate it, making it faceroll)

Subject Alpha, while stacking on him does make a world of difference it’s still not as bad as others, and he can punish you if you don’t pay attention.

Giganticus Lupicus is the best boss. Can be really unforgiving. Has multiple phases, requires some amount of teamwork.

Example of bad bosses are high-HP sponges that pose no threat, like the bosses in Honor of the Waves or Twilight Arbor.

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

Best boss in game?

Posted by: Stoneflesh.8634

Stoneflesh.8634

Kholer the first couple of times. Love that boss. Clear animation of his special attack. Dodge it and you will be fine, don’t dodge and you will go down. You can always distuingish the good from the bad at Kholer
Downside is that a guardian can render him completely useless with ‘Retreat’.

Lupi is a fun boss, can be quite an exciting fight.

In general the fractals bosses are pretty well designed. (grawl shaman, dredge/ice ele, Captain Ashym)

Best boss in game?

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Fire shaman at Iron march.
Oh those tornadoes where can you find so many tornadoes.
And NPCs are funny.

Totally agree with this one. I did it with a friend and it’s one of the best fights I’ve experienced in Guild Wars 2. It’s a shame most of the content is so easy because the game is ridiculously fun when the difficulty is cranked up a little.