Best content until now?

Best content until now?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Anet made a lot of temporary contents until now, each one very different from another. Its most alikely they are testing various sorts of way to go, so… for you : What had been the best content for you at this point?

Just to help to remember:
> Mad king
> Lost Shores
> Wintersday
> Flame & Frost (Arc)
> Super Adventure Box (SAB)
> Secret of southsun/Last stand at
> Dragon Bash/Aetherblade
> Botfw / Cuttrhoad politics

In My opinion, the best content until now had been Haloween content (Mad king). Cool games, a challenging (New) jumping puzzle, a really cool investigation hunt wiwth a really cool way to do, various updates in the same content with a cool Boss besides it. (Not to mention that until now, this had given the best skins in the game for shield/Gs/Staff )

(edited by MauricioCezar.2673)

Best content until now?

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Without doubt, the holiday content has been the best. The initial storytelling has been problematic across the board, though I don’t blame writers at all—it’s more in terms of how evolution in the game was conceived and I believe it’s a general design problem. That said, given all recent statements by Anet, they have recognized the problem and hopefully will put in the correction sooner rather than later. I’m really looking at upcoming content to be the best that we have seen.

Best content until now?

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

No SAB? What?

All of these pale in comparison to the glory that is SAB.

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

Best content until now?

Posted by: Undertaker.2731

Undertaker.2731

been playing since Flame&Frost…and i have to say from the living stories i’ve played throw…F&F is the best

Best content until now?

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Mad King/Lost Shore were best.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Best content until now?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

They all had moments. Southson was prob my fav all round chapter though. I think i just gelled with the setting and gameplay more

Flame and frost would have been the best, but it was too drawn out. I kinda wish molten alliance remained around tho.

Cuthroat and bazaar i had a lot of fun with, but the emphasis on mini games was too much. Story just suffered.

Aetherblades inclusion was random and made no sense to me. Nice dungeon tho.

Dragon bash left no impression on me. Cant really recall much about it…

Best content until now?

MauricioCezar.2673

Thanx for remember SAB, just added it =) .

Best content until now?

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

No SAB? What?

All of these pale in comparison to the glory that is SAB.

I see I’m not the only SABnatic around here. Good.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Best content until now?

Posted by: HiddenNick.7206

HiddenNick.7206

From best to worst:

> Lost Shores
> Secret of southsun/Last stand at
> Flame & Frost (Arc)
> Mad king
> Super Adventure Box (SAB)
> Dragon Bash/Aetherblade
> Botfw / Cuttrhoad politics
> Wintersday

Best content until now?

Posted by: Araziel.7201

Araziel.7201

My favorite so far was the Asuran golems gaining intelligence and independent thought and going HAM on all of Tyria Cylon style.

Oh…wait…that never happened…

Mad King then. Up until the point where he became just a weak, ghostly, butt pincher stalking LA.

Best content until now?

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

Mad King without a doubt, but not because of the holiday setting.
Pacing was perfect, story was deep for those who wanted it but not overly complex or cheesy, scavenger mechanics felt more like an actual search, character and setting design was very memorable, visible effects on the world, great skin design, gameplay content was varied and interesting. Even the music was amazing.

But the real kicker was the community impact. The big kickers actually got people to have fun with others, and as a consequence people still remember them. Lion’s arch was busted for months afterwards. Who didn’t get sucked into the LA Costume Brawls? Who can forget chatting theories about the next phase in map chat? When’s the last time you had a conversation involving a JP that didn’t bring up the Clocktower?

Thats the kind of impact that Arenanet needs to make Tyria feel like a living world. The content has to touch the community. That’s what Mad King got right.

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

Best content until now?

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

The ones before Dulfy started getting head-start access and ruining the Christmas morning effect of new releases. Don’t give me the, “You don’t HAVE to use Dulfy,” because you inherently hear it from other people. If she were to hold off on her guides for 3 days after each patch perhaps it’d replenish that great feeling of a new patch and new content.

Best content until now?

Posted by: Draconicus.7564

Draconicus.7564

Mad King for sure, and Bazar of the 4 winds just because Labyrinthine Cliffs remembers me Cantha all the time!!:))

Best content until now?

Posted by: Aluano.1826

Aluano.1826

Mad king, SAB and BotFW are my favourites. Great atmosphere in all of them.

Best content until now?

Posted by: Araziel.7201

Araziel.7201

I remember going to meet some guildies in LA for the Mad King. The giant Mad King came out of that fountain and scared the hell out of me. I thought we were going to start fighting for our lives right there.

Best content until now?

MauricioCezar.2673

Cool, its not just me that loved Mad king most than all others =). I have to agree with Linnael, this is the sort of content that we need =)

Best content until now?

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I liked Shadow of the Mad King a lot. However, as far as best content?

I really like the northeastern quadrant of Frostgorge Sound.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Best content until now?

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Oh its really tough choosing 1 so I will have a top 3:-

1) Mad King, dungeon/labyrinth were awesome…
2) Flame & Frost the end part with the dungeon (also the Bram/Rox instances) was excellent…
3) Southsun when we had 200% MF/GF that was fantastic too…

Best content until now?

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

What content? All we got is fractals which was a solid piece of content but a content that gets no support/bug fixes becomes irrelevant after couple of months.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Best content until now?

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

What content? All we got is fractals which was a solid piece of content but a content that gets no support/bug fixes becomes irrelevant after couple of months.

Yup, that sounds exactly right. Hold on, I need to check to see what I still need to upgrade my Scelerite Karka Shell, which is totally not new . . . while finding a place to store some quartz which isn’t actually there, and double-check to see if my coins from the Super Adventure Box didn’t get shuffled somewhere into a corner, though since it’s not content I’m sure it won’t matter.

Of course, all we have is Fractals so maybe that’ll console me to sleep

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Best content until now?

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

The ones before Dulfy started getting head-start access and ruining the Christmas morning effect of new releases. Don’t give me the, “You don’t HAVE to use Dulfy,” because you inherently hear it from other people. If she were to hold off on her guides for 3 days after each patch perhaps it’d replenish that great feeling of a new patch and new content.

I find this reasoning really silly. It’s an unattached website, and she’s doing it as a favor for the community. If you don’t like being spoiled, then don’t read it. I don’t believe that you “inherently” hear details from people unless you actively seek it. What, random people naturally whisper you about the contents of a patch?

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Best content until now?

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Best
Mad King
Super Adventure Box
Bazaar of the Four Winds
Wintersday
Flame and Frost Arc
Dragon Bash
Aetherblade
Secret of Southsun/Last Stand
Cutthroat Politics
The Utter Crap That Was Lost Shores
Worst

Listing Lost Shores as anything but last is just horribly wrong. The event was a poorly optimized and poorly tested crapfest of lag and bugs that was unfortunately also used as a free trial to the game – likely turning off thousands of potential players. In addition, the finale was obnoxious, un-fun, and gave out RNG precursors at a rate that was high enough to trivialize them at the time, but low enough to kitten the community off, and with good reason. All it gave us was a badly designed, under-rewarding zone (despite its beauty) that is a veritable ghost town, even after they tried (and failed) to breathe life into it through the living story.

(edited by Duke Blackrose.4981)

Best content until now?

Posted by: shadowsoul.2134

shadowsoul.2134

Bazaar of the Four Winds

Best content until now?

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

Super Adventure Box for sure. That made me nostalgia all over myself.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

Best content until now?

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

fractal of the mist, although i would like some new dungeon because after a while you know them too perfectly to be interesting any more.
mad king event was awesome, i couldn’t believe how wonderful it felt.
i liked lost shore.
too pity for the one time only and the mob culling, but i really enjoyed to kill a boss with all the servers (overflows were overflowing like crazy those days).
after that achievement tab got spoiling all the new story they were adding.
oh, i also enjoyed a lot the wintersday istances, the toypocalips and everything else.
flame and frost all of the instances.

the SAB was nice but pointless and out of place. and kicked the start to a change in the game style from a rpg with it’s own background and classess to platformer with we have all the same skills style.
i don’t feel like i’m in a fantasy/cyberpunk setting anymore but in a persistent world with arcade games and hack and slash bosses.

i still love it, but less

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Best content until now?

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

SAB was best hands down.

Clocktower was a close second.

Best content until now?

MauricioCezar.2673

Yeah, I agree that the real content we have is Lost Shores content. So, bascally until here.. seemn proved that the very first 2 releases of the game had been the most sucesfull.

Basically, they started right, and going to a wrong way after..

Best content until now?

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

But the money is more important than a healthier community.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Best content until now?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I think it’s problematical to look at complete updates. For example, I don’t love the Aspect Arena, but I do love the survival game. I really enjoyed Crab Toss, but the mini instance with the sylvari guy and the traps…I could have lived without that quite easily.

So far the Survival game, Dragon Ball, any and all of the jumping puzzles and the Sanctum Sprint has been my favorite of the updates.

Best content until now?

Posted by: Burner.1643

Burner.1643

Madking>SAB>Wintersday>HG>Bazaar Zone design.

Finally permanent world content changes living world : Queen’s Jubilee

Best content until now?

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

I would have to agree with Tobias, best content remains Frostgorge Sound.

I did do Lost Shores, it was buggy, but was more “Living World” than the dreck that has come after. Of the temp stuff, it remains the only one I remotely cared about.

I did Fire and Frost, right up to the point that they changed the court and said, uh.. this stuff isn’t for everyone. Dungeon or gtfo.

I have not done any part of Living story since. Nothing of interest, nothing that appeals to me. I have no interest in Rewards that mandate I participate in content I have no interest in. So, no comment on good/bad didn’t bother.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)