Best farming method for gold?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Phantom Master.9582

Phantom Master.9582

Hello PvE community (and possibly WvW!), I’ve been out of the loop for a long time when it comes to making gold.

I’ve been a big casual-ish PvP player for most of guild wars 2’s lifetime(when it used to give you no rewards at all) and I’ve recently came back out of excitement for the new expansion and felt like after 3k+Hours and 5k+conquest pvp games, its about kitten time I work towards my first legendary crafting.

I’ve been going big on the Edge of the Mist’s karma train but I feel I could be going much faster. What do you guys think are the best ways to farm goals?

R80 Mesmer- Inquisitor Amena
Eternity~!

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Silverwastes, Dungeons, World bosses, in that order.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Phantom Master.9582

Silverwastes, Dungeons, World bosses, in that order.

By silverwastes do you mean the lost bandit chests?
By dungeons, which are the best to farm, and can one dungeon path be spammed constantly for a good farm?

Eternity~!

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Either that or doing the meta event that involves killing the 3 mordrem champions at the end.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

In no particular order

- TP is the best, but it need some knowledge and not everybody like to play the market.

- Spirit Shards can be used to transform stuff into the mystic forge and make a profit when you sell those item. You need to know which item are valuable and you need spirit shards. If you play for a long time you gonna have a lot, but you maybe short of those

- Dungeon Speed run. If you have a good build and are relatively lucky with pugs, you can make a good amount of gold per hour + dungeon token. Ideally, a dungeon team will allow you to make around 50 gold for like 3-4 hours (depending on the quality of the team).

- Silverwaste have events and chest farm. Chest farm give more reward per hours, but you need to do some events to get shovels and crest to buy key. Both are required to chest farm. You can be selfish and always leech off others shovels, but even then you gonna eventually run our of crest for the keys. That’s one of the best way to farm gold, you can do it alone if you find a good map. But good map can be hard to find.

- Orr farming. I don’t know much about it. It’s less profitable than silverwaste, but it’s less repetitive. It’s also harder to find a good map, but I know some guild exist that do it on a regular basis. So it could be easier if you find such a guild.

- Ambiant halloween farming. I don’t know much about this one. But the basic is an item sold on the TP allow you to transform ambiant into halloween mobs that drop bags and can be killed quickly.

- Karka farming in Southsun Cove is also another good farming spot. Again, I’m not an expert and other people will need to give you more details. I think that wooden Potato did a video on youtube about it.

- World Boss Event. There is several world boss timer on the net (Dulfy is one of them). You just go to the next boss and usually a huge zerg is waiting and you do bosses one after the other. It’s not the most profitable, but it’s the easiest to do and it run almost non stop. There almost always people at these bosses, but after reset time is the best.

Edit: Oh and the Halloween bags farming have A LOT OF DRAMA. That’s why I don’t go near that thing.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

(edited by Thaddeus.4891)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

T6 node farming is profitable again.

Phantom Master.9582

In no particular order

- TP is the best, but it need some knowledge and not everybody like to play the market.

- Spirit Shards can be used to transform stuff into the mystic forge and make a profit when you sell those item. You need to know which item are valuable and you need spirit shards. If you play for a long time you gonna have a lot, but you maybe short of those

- Dungeon Speed run. If you have a good build and are relatively lucky with pugs, you can make a good amount of gold per hour + dungeon token. Ideally, a dungeon team will allow you to make around 50 gold for like 3-4 hours (depending on the quality of the team).

- Silverwaste have events and chest farm. Chest farm give more reward per hours, but you need to do some events to get shovels and crest to buy key. Both are required to chest farm. You can be selfish and always leech off others shovels, but even then you gonna eventually run our of crest for the keys. That’s one of the best way to farm gold, you can do it alone if you find a good map. But good map can be hard to find.

- Orr farming. I don’t know much about it. It’s less profitable than silverwaste, but it’s less repetitive. It’s also harder to find a good map, but I know some guild exist that do it on a regular basis. So it could be easier if you find such a guild.

- Ambiant halloween farming. I don’t know much about this one. But the basic is an item sold on the TP allow you to transform ambiant into halloween mobs that drop bags and can be killed quickly.

- Karka farming in Southsun Cove is also another good farming spot. Again, I’m not an expert and other people will need to give you more details. I think that wooden Potato did a video on youtube about it.

- World Boss Event. There is several world boss timer on the net (Dulfy is one of them). You just go to the next boss and usually a huge zerg is waiting and you do bosses one after the other. It’s not the most profitable, but it’s the easiest to do and it run almost non stop. There almost always people at these bosses, but after reset time is the best.

Edit: Oh and the Halloween bags farming have A LOT OF DRAMA. That’s why I don’t go near that thing.

Thanks a ton, I’ll do some research on those.

Eternity~!

Thaddeus.4891

Really? How? With megaserver each time you swap toons there is a good chance that the nodes won’t be in the same place. The only way I could made it semi-viable was with a friend so we could get back into the same map for all our character.

But even then, you gonna need to find all the nodes everyday. At that rate, you are better to farm gold and buy the orichalcum and ancient wood.

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

The bandit chests have very little upkeep cost, since you can easily generate crests about as fast as you can use them once you have at least a 1000. The core of the money generation is the Champ bags.

- High chance of decently valuable T5 mats (especially silk)
- A Chance for T6 fine mats, and T5/T6 rare mats (cores/lodestones)
- lots of trash gear that can be used for salvage or npc sale
- rare chance at rare or exotic gear, which can sell for a lot

Vinewrath event tends to give nice reward loot, including the carapace armor that you can salvage for ectos. Theres also the daily bandit chest for a free rare.

Dungeons generate at least a gold per path from the daily rewards…. more if you get good drops from the chest. My main gripe is the dungeon raider community has a lot of kittenes. It makes finding a nice relaxed group difficult outside of peak hours. And some dungeons don’t even get run at all.

For T6 mats, I recommend working on clovers first, as they drop T6 mats on failure. You can get a decent amount of Obi shards from SW chest trains; and doing the Fort events generates a lot of Karma (if you need it), so you can buy more in bulk from Balth’s temple reward NPC (previously the only reliable to get them).

For the remaining mats, you’ll want to do champ trains in Orr, Frost gorge, Kessex, Sparkfly, and I think Maelstrom. Theres a Ktrain in Queensdale, but I don’t know what the output for that is. The Champ trains generate champ bags, which is currently the best way to get T5/T6 mats, cores, possibly lodestones, and by far the best way to get salvage gear since gear bags are off the reward tables for Silverwastes.

World boss trains are the best way to get Rares for Ectos. But a full circuit takes about 5 hours due to the timer schedules. Teq and Triple Trouble give the most bulk loot, and Jormag (and I think Shatterer) yield double rares as part of their dailies. Since you’re going for world completion, you probably have a lot of mystic forge stones; use those to make mystic forge kits for rare salvage. Save the BL kits for exotics, and use cheap kits for everything else.

If you have gems, I highly recommend a Copper-Fed Salvage-o-matic…. it makes salvaging super easy, pays for itself rather quickly (salvage kits get expensive after awhile), and does its job perfectly. You use it for mainly for cloth, since Silk is worth more then gossamer, and wood generating items (for a chance of ancient logs). You can use it on metal generating salvage if you need the mithril or Orci, but both of these can be mined pretty easily. For Leather its better to sell rather then salvage (unless its T2-4) because T5 leather is basically worthless, and T6 leather is cheap enough to buy of TP. The extra T5 mats you end up with you can sell on TP for a semi-decent amount, since WvW enthusiasts use them for siege ugprades; then put that money toward mats you need.

Forgot to mention…. if you don’t want to use Laurels for Ascended trinkets, you can use them to buy crafting bags for 3 guaranteed T6 mats.

(edited by starlinvf.1358)

Ayrilana.1396

Really? How? With megaserver each time you swap toons there is a good chance that the nodes won’t be in the same place. The only way I could made it semi-viable was with a friend so we could get back into the same map for all our character.

But even then, you gonna need to find all the nodes everyday. At that rate, you are better to farm gold and buy the orichalcum and ancient wood.

There’s a site called gw2nodes that shows them for you. All you need to do is put in the IP of the map. Most of the time, you should end up on the same map. Since mega servers, I always did a single map on all of my characters before moving into the next to prevent having to re-memorize the new locations. Keep in mind that I haven’t done this last year since Mawdrey was released.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Much better to farm T3, T4 stuff especially since also orichalcum is not worth much
anymore.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Ayrilana.1396

Much better to farm T3, T4 stuff especially since also orichalcum is not worth much
anymore.

Ancient wood logs are now though as they’re 7+ silver a piece. A single run of the four maps gets you 36 at a minimum per character.

Thaddeus.4891

Ok I didn’t thought about the IP of the map. But you can’t count with 7 silver since you gonna receive 6 silver from it. At that price you gonna need to gather the 36 node in around 20 min to be equal to pug dungeon speed run or 12min to be comparable to dungeon speed run in team. It’s even worst compare to silverwaste.

It’s been a long time, and when I did it I was gathering both ori and wood, but I think that to do all 3 map only for ancient wood it would take more around 30min per character for around 5 gold per hour. Not that great.

Beldin.5498

Ancient wood logs are now though as they’re 7+ silver a piece. A single run of the four maps gets you 36 at a minimum per character.

Question is how many time you spend there with running around and fighting mobs
and if in the same time you can maybe harvest 3 seasond wood that give you 8+ silver.

I did that a long time in Frostgorge, but with megaserver it got more an more
annoying and when orichalcum went down below 6 silver i finally stopped it.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.

Ayrilana.1396

Ok I didn’t thought about the IP of the map. But you can’t count with 7 silver since you gonna receive 6 silver from it. At that price you gonna need to gather the 36 node in around 20 min to be equal to pug dungeon speed run or 12min to be comparable to dungeon speed run in team. It’s even worst compare to silverwaste.

It’s been a long time, and when I did it I was gathering both ori and wood, but I think that to do all 3 map only for ancient wood it would take more around 30min per character for around 5 gold per hour. Not that great.

Yeah. It being comparable to SW was one of the reasons I stopped and also because prices had tanked a bit because of Mawdrey. I was averaging 15G/hr between orichalcum ore, ancient wood logs, sprockets, and foxfire clusters. The more efficient that you are, the better your rate for making gold.

Ayrilana.1396

and if in the same time you can maybe harvest 3 seasond wood that give you 8+ silver.

It depends on the node placements. I averaged about 7 minutes for both Cursed Shore/Malchor’s and 5 min for SSC/FGS. If you get node placements in obscure places such as the very NW corner of CS then it will take longer. I try to keep the fighting to a minimum by only attacking if it’s quicker to kill them than to run out of range to get out of combat.

Posted by: Exeon.4358

Exeon.4358

About the orr farming, don’t bother, I basically farmed like 3-4K gold there, but the farm is based on 2 things, T6’s and Heavy moldy bags, now when the farm was actually really good, silverwastes didn’t exist and the bags were 10 silver, now said bags are usually 6-7 silver, which is a big deal when you farm a stack of them.

Alongside this a lot of people try and farm champ bags, which is just sad considering how many more you can get in the silverwastes.

I’d say, Go with silverwastes and dungeons, in the future you can invest money into the market

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

About the orr farming, don’t bother, I basically farmed like 3-4K gold there, but the farm is based on 2 things, T6’s and Heavy moldy bags, now when the farm was actually really good, silverwastes didn’t exist and the bags were 10 silver, now said bags are usually 6-7 silver, which is a big deal when you farm a stack of them.

Alongside this a lot of people try and farm champ bags, which is just sad considering how many more you can get in the silverwastes.

I’d say, Go with silverwastes and dungeons, in the future you can invest money into the market

Cursed Shore gathering seems pretty much on par with other gathering routes and the usual approximate 10 gold/hour rate.
A 20 minute trial that I ran a while back that started from the southermost WP and went north, gathering with only a bit of killing yielded:
60 mithril, 9 ori, 46 elder log, 10 ancient log, 9 gems, 16 watchwork bits, 4 omnoms, 5 lotuses (loti?), 12 truffles, 5 ghost peppers, 10 saffron, 2 foxfires and 4 heavy bags.

Prices were roughly on par with today (6 silver truffle, 3.5silver omnom, 7.5 silver bags, etc.), except wood and ori were lower then. When I did the math it came out to about 9.5 gold/hour after TP fees. Would easily be 10 with today’s prices.

Don’t just look for one thing, it’s boring and the best thing can change. Experiment with different methods and keep an eye on how they go. If you are a data junkie, the stats can help you realize what farms are best at a given time, optimize your runs or even discover some out of the way ways to make well over the usual rate.

That said, the ability to scale will eventually mean that the TP will top any “labor” method. You can use farming/gathering to quickly build your initial bankroll.

(edited by thehipone.6812)

Posted by: Mafusail.9305

Mafusail.9305

I found the best way that in 2 weeks of relaxed farming gave me:
Volcanus (from scratch, bought everything+lvled a cooking, but cooking is cheapish)~400 gold
Living World Season 2 (bought gems) ~200 gold
Balthazar Outfit (again, bought more gems =) )~150 gold
Tempered Spinal Blades ~250 gold (just bought watchwork sprockets and toileted them into Blade Shards). Also, i lvled an Armorsmith to craft Gift of Blades, coins included in 250.
Ofcourse i did buy what i could via orders on TP (some items like lodestones saved me like 50 gold). So you can see that i made ~1000 gold in 2 weeks. And i really didnt do anything over-extendable. I just had lots of free time to do it these weeks.

Now here’s the way i did it.
1)Find a good 4 ppl group. I just friended dude at ToT farming. He throws maize balms very often, and do it fast.
2)ToT farming, look for a good mirror that have not too much ppl.
3)lvl a mesmer. I could get Mantra of Pain and both teleports on lvl 17 (lvled him after prepatch, so… yeah). If you didnt find a mirror that have a thrower on – throw urself. But dont do it alone, cuz people will rage on you. They will. No other variants.
4)If you do not have ppl at all – taxi a full group and throw for them. Most of the times you will have donations that will compensate you cost of balms and, usually, even more. Be more talkable with ppl, do not blame them for anything and maby tell some jokes in process
5)When you got DR (go wiki for Diminishing Return mechanics), usually @260-280 bags, you go into dungeon with ppl from p1.
6)You make dungeons in this order:
-Ascalon full
-CoF p1+p2 (maybe p3, its really easy and takes 15 minutes to do CoF p3 if you have a thief)
-HotW p1 (p2-3 are not eligeble cuz underwater bosses take too long for them to die).
It will take you two diminishing brakes.
7)After third and therefore DR fades do whatever you want =) I found personal Ireo Ore rich nodes farming (there are 100% nodes every 24 hours, and you can make 4 gold per 20 mins with 1 your char. Also, you can repeat it with another characters that you want). Also, IMO, Vinewrath WAY better by reward then cf. But i think im just unlucky, since most money comes from T6mats and exos from cf and i didnt get them enough.

Here’s a little guide to you mate. Pick up this or something from before =)

(edited by Mafusail.9305)

Posted by: xXBurningEmberXx.6085

xXBurningEmberXx.6085

You don’t necessarily have to fight mobs. Run an 80 thief with a full stealth build and you can just sneak past them

Posted by: Liisjak.4509

Liisjak.4509

Just camp the Silverwastes, you can hoard money there in a fast way.

Posted by: Spirited Was Eceni.3869

Spirited Was Eceni.3869

Does nobody farm perma rich iron veins anymore? I’ve a route I can run all 7 of my chars though in just over an hour. Very easy run and with the additional drops from kills and the low level stones drops from the veins I net some decent gold.

“Judge a person’s character by how they behave when given anonymity.”

Welcome to the Internet, exposing characters since the early 80’s.

Beldin.5498

You don’t necessarily have to fight mobs. Run an 80 thief with a full stealth build and you can just sneak past them

The thing is, you will do that normally with ALL you characters and not just one.
And i don’t have 19 thieves .. only 1

Ayrilana.1396

The thing is, you will do that normally with ALL you characters and not just one.
And i don’t have 19 thieves .. only 1

Generally where they are placed will not draw aggro if you’re careful. I can only think of a few where you’d likely be taking damage (or have to fight).

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: TheArtOfMouts.7468

TheArtOfMouts.7468

I found the best way that in 2 weeks of relaxed farming gave me:
Volcanus (from scratch, bought everything+lvled a cooking, but cooking is cheapish)~400 gold
Living World Season 2 (bought gems) ~200 gold
Balthazar Outfit (again, bought more gems =) )~150 gold
Tempered Spinal Blades ~250 gold (just bought watchwork sprockets and toileted them into Blade Shards). Also, i lvled an Armorsmith to craft Gift of Blades, coins included in 250.
Ofcourse i did buy what i could via orders on TP (some items like lodestones saved me like 50 gold). So you can see that i made ~1000 gold in 2 weeks. And i really didnt do anything over-extendable. I just had lots of free time to do it these weeks.

Now here’s the way i did it.
1)Find a good 4 ppl group. I just friended dude at ToT farming. He throws maize balms very often, and do it fast.
2)ToT farming, look for a good mirror that have not too much ppl.
3)lvl a mesmer. I could get Mantra of Pain and both teleports on lvl 17 (lvled him after prepatch, so… yeah). If you didnt find a mirror that have a thrower on – throw urself. But dont do it alone, cuz people will rage on you. They will. No other variants.
4)If you do not have ppl at all – taxi a full group and throw for them. Most of the times you will have donations that will compensate you cost of balms and, usually, even more. Be more talkable with ppl, do not blame them for anything and maby tell some jokes in process
5)When you got DR (go wiki for Diminishing Return mechanics), usually @260-280 bags, you go into dungeon with ppl from p1.
6)You make dungeons in this order:
-Ascalon full
-CoF p1+p2 (maybe p3, its really easy and takes 15 minutes to do CoF p3 if you have a thief)
-HotW p1 (p2-3 are not eligeble cuz underwater bosses take too long for them to die).
It will take you two diminishing brakes.
7)After third and therefore DR fades do whatever you want =) I found personal Ireo Ore rich nodes farming (there are 100% nodes every 24 hours, and you can make 4 gold per 20 mins with 1 your char. Also, you can repeat it with another characters that you want). Also, IMO, Vinewrath WAY better by reward then cf. But i think im just unlucky, since most money comes from T6mats and exos from cf and i didnt get them enough.

Here’s a little guide to you mate. Pick up this or something from before =)

Nice Post. Thx.

Posted by: Mafusail.9305

Mafusail.9305

Nice Post. Thx.

Glad somebody did find this helpfull =)

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Hello PvE community (and possibly WvW!), I’ve been out of the loop for a long time when it comes to making gold.

I’ve been a big casual-ish PvP player for most of guild wars 2’s lifetime(when it used to give you no rewards at all) and I’ve recently came back out of excitement for the new expansion and felt like after 3k+Hours and 5k+conquest pvp games, its about kitten time I work towards my first legendary crafting.

I’ve been going big on the Edge of the Mist’s karma train but I feel I could be going much faster. What do you guys think are the best ways to farm goals?

I too am working on my first legendary. And I’m finding sPvP the best way to make gold. Plus all the ToK to farm BLK’s. All the ascended stuff I’ve had dropped, and that’s just in the 2 months that I’ve started to play sPvP. Plus, if you do the dungeon tracks you can use the weapon chests to use them in the MF, if you don’t get the pre you want, you will get something you can sell on the TP. I’m personally not playing all that much, around 14-16 hours a week, and on average get through 3-4 tracks in that time 4-5 if there is a bonus in PvP. Stack it with a birthday or celebration booster and you can get through the track 20% faster, if you can do all 4 PvP dailies, to give you the leg up. Not to mention that region(I think) and the glorious track give clovers.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

It’s going to be golem trains all week for farming.

Posted by: southbeatz.2780

southbeatz.2780

I stopped playing for almost a year but am back and probably will stay indefinitely. What’s good to farm now days for gold and anything else? My characters had ascended gear etc so there was little to farm for before and still isn’t but farming was always fun and I should stock up anyways just in case.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Two things I would look into if you do gathering; Lemongrass and Poultry meat. Mobs that drop the meat don’t have a good rate so the trick is to find a place with a high density of them.

Of course, if you don’t want to gather, there are more reliable and easier ways to make gold. Gathering is just a good time killer in between other events.

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

Smash those dungeons OP. AC 1, 3 and CoF 1, 2 (iir) are fast. You can buy yellow gear with marks if the gear is level 65 or greater and salvage it for ectos. I got all my money that way… It took a while. In the end I had enough AC marks to get the AC collection achievement. Oh and be prepared to want to kill yourself, it’s a mighty slog.

Posted by: southbeatz.2780

southbeatz.2780

Since I returned to GW2, I’ve been running through areas I used to when I was gathering for crafting Ascended gear. Gathering and selling adds up pretty nicely. I’ve also gone around doing some World Bosses and Temple events. I always liked the open world aspect of GW2. Too often other MMOs focus too much on dungeons and instanced content but GW2 always has had a large focus on open world content.

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Smash those dungeons OP. AC 1, 3 and CoF 1, 2 (iir) are fast. You can buy yellow gear with marks if the gear is level 65 or greater and salvage it for ectos. I got all my money that way… It took a while. In the end I had enough AC marks to get the AC collection achievement. Oh and be prepared to want to kill yourself, it’s a mighty slog.

If you’re going for those achievements I would highly recommend doing PvP dung reward tracks. You’ll get 3 exotic weapons and 1 exotic armor + some tokens each time you complete the track. After you have all the weapons, then I would hit up the dung itself to finish off the armors.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

Lets not forget the 240 dungeon tokens. ^ runs on a dungeon track in pvp is basically completing all the skins open. Funny how much faster pvp is to get a pve achievement.

Posted by: Phizeke.9536

Phizeke.9536

This thread is very helpful for me. Thanks for the tips.

[hS] Sir Phizeke
Started on Jade Quarry since Launch now on Maguuma.

Posted by: Scootabuser.4915

Scootabuser.4915

Farming candy corn elementals using maize balm is currently the best way to farm gold, it’s almost twice as effective (30gold/hr) as dungeons and 4x as effective as silver wastes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3mxr61/35goldhr_farming_highest_goldhr_a_guide_to_candy/

Insert Personal Achievements and/or Youtube Channel Here

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Basically, join silverwastes maps that read 60% in LFG, do the sub and main boss meta events, and save all the shovels, keys, and crests you get from the events.

Once you’ve got enough crests to top off your key stack to 100+ keys, take your keys and shovels and look in lfg for a shovel map.

In shovel maps you’ll join a massive zerg of people that visit every possible chest spawn, dig it up, and then the whole zerg loots. be a good person and use your shovels for the zerg if you see it start to slow down (you gain no additional loot by digging up the chest solo)

Once you’re out of keys or get bored, go open all the bags, sell anything of value, then head back to boss farming for more keys/crests

Repeat until you’ve got enough money to afford whatever it is you’re after, or until your eyes bleed from farming and you want to go do something different.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Scootabuser.4915

Scootabuser.4915

Basically, join silverwastes maps that read 60% in LFG, do the sub and main boss meta events, and save all the shovels, keys, and crests you get from the events.

Once you’ve got enough crests to top off your key stack to 100+ keys, take your keys and shovels and look in lfg for a shovel map.

In shovel maps you’ll join a massive zerg of people that visit every possible chest spawn, dig it up, and then the whole zerg loots. be a good person and use your shovels for the zerg if you see it start to slow down (you gain no additional loot by digging up the chest solo)

Once you’re out of keys or get bored, go open all the bags, sell anything of value, then head back to boss farming for more keys/crests

Repeat until you’ve got enough money to afford whatever it is you’re after, or until your eyes bleed from farming and you want to go do something different.

Candy corn farming is way easier and nets almost 3x as much gold

Insert Personal Achievements and/or Youtube Channel Here

Posted by: Agilitas.2537

Agilitas.2537

im doing (when i feel like doing it, or if i have time to do it) grinding champ gilded boxes and t6 mats and everything else between that in cursed shore if i have good rng on the drops then my daily income would be around 50 g if i have very bad rng then its around 30-40 g …

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

“You use it for mainly for cloth, since Silk is worth more then gossamer, and wood generating items (for a chance of ancient logs). You can use it on metal generating salvage if you need the mithril or Orci, but both of these can be mined pretty easily. For Leather its better to sell rather then salvage (unless its T2-4) because T5 leather is basically worthless, and T6 leather is cheap enough to buy of TP. "

Yeah about that. You know something went wrong with economy balancing when a T5 outvalues a T6 material. I’d still stock up on gossamer and leather (happens through natural gameplay) since they can make new ingredients that’ll require them or even nerf the droprates. Silk skyrocketed with the introduction of bolt of damask and three scraps being needed to forge a bolt. Since the excess has been taken out I think they should go back to 2 scraps and in case more leather is needed for manufacturing I’m getting all my Elonian leather squares out of the way now in case resource requirements go up like with silk.

Posted by: SigmaOfApeiron.8397

SigmaOfApeiron.8397

If you’re looking to make your first legendary, I’d wait for the xpack to hit, as it will include precursor crafting and will make much more sense overall.

Posted by: Grover.8753

Grover.8753

ToT farming would be the quickest. if someone else is throwing Maize Balm and their isnt sum1 in the zerg blowing everything up in one shot you can easily get a stack of ToTs that sell for 9-12g in 15 minutes. just saying. Then there’s breach>Vinewrath>Lab routines you can farm. This will usually net you at least 6 guaranteed rares (3 from rare bag and at least 1 per Greater Nightmare key. learn Lab and you get at least 2 keys made from it) handful of T6 Plus about 15-18 heirlooms and 4-5 Coin purses in about 20 minutes. Possible chance at other exotics. Gotten 2 Exotic armors with Strength runes yesterday. 18 g from them.

Posted by: Shogun.7401

Shogun.7401

How can I farm geodes?

Posted by: BassHunteR.7246

BassHunteR.7246

Geodes you can farm in dry top directly or in chest trains on sw with those sand pieces.. but on sw will be a lot slower than on dry top..

What do you mean by “ToT”?

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

1) Create guardian, get it to level 80 with any gear.
2) equip staff, become skillful at spamming the staff auto attack and positioning is key to tag all mobs on your screen.
3) go to Silverwastes and follow ppl and show the world your staff auto attack spamming skill.
4) profit.

Not even kidding. Just go to any of Orr,dry top, or silverwastes and you can literally win doing what I said.

Once you have done a lot of events in Silverwastes and have keys/shovel, just go chest farming (look up a chest farm map in LFG tool and hop to that map). You can also win doing that if auto attack spam was getting to difficult.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Geodes you can farm in dry top directly or in chest trains on sw with those sand pieces.. but on sw will be a lot slower than on dry top..

What do you mean by “ToT”?

“Trick or Treat” bags. Using Maize Balm on ambient creatures will turn them into some weak Halloween mobs, which drop Trick or Treat bags, which can be sold at a good profit.

I’ve heard it’s super effective as a farm, but also a huge drama fest. Since the mobs are weak, everyone has to try to tag as many of them as they can to get credit, without killing the mobs too quickly. It’s easy to troll/be trolled/accidentally troll by just cutting loose with your full power, killing things before others can tag them.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~