Best new solo elite spec

Best new solo elite spec

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

Who do you think is going to be the best new solo elite champ for open world farming, events and champions.

Ranger takes a massive massive nerf with soulbeast against champions (of course they can split from the pet but what’s even the point of soul beast then?) I think they will do pretty well in any events overall still.

Scourge is losing that second life bar for desert shroud with shield that degenerate way to extremely fast. I think they are going to do great overall in events and good against champions if they know the fight well enough and know exactly when to pop shields.

Spellbreaker I feel is losing way too much survivability to gain less damage (as little sense as that makes anet???) By removing the level 3 adrenaline bursts the poor damage from daggers and only a very small heal of 7% from critical strikes I felt core warrior is better overall in most pve encounters.

Please keep in mind I’m speaking strictly open world PvE not pvp and raids.

These were the only three classes I personally was focused on with my play time so others may be much better then these three. I personally am thinking scourge will be the best in open world PvE.

Best new solo elite spec

Posted by: Mercurias.1826

Mercurias.1826

The neat thing about Soulbeast is that you don’t HAVE to be merged at all times. Bouncing out of the merge in order to use the pet as a tank or utilize one of its skills )like a condi cleanse or drop a combo field) seems perfectly reasonable to me. It also gets some pretty powerful Stances.

Right now I think Holosmith and Deadeye are strong contenders for solo facemurder, at least in theory. Holosmith has a lot of maneuverability on top of good damage and some solid condition cleansing, which makes it a really solid roamer. Deadeye is a spec focused on killing one thing, and only one thing, until said thing is buried. That makes it good when taking down large single target opponents, and thieves are good at running and reselecting a new target.

Best new solo elite spec

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I think the OP is highly underestimating soul beast. There were some very high DPS builds in evidence over the demo weekend. So I would imagine they’ll have to be nerfed.

Best new solo elite spec

Posted by: Nikal.4921

Nikal.4921

Based on what I’ve been reading, I fear for these specs in open world, which is all I do. It’s a shame we didn’t get to test them in an open world environment so that my fears could be put to rest (or not). If these specs are meant to be PvP only, then they hold nothing for me.

Best new solo elite spec

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

Renegade, for life!

Best new solo elite spec

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

From what i’ve seen so far it will probably be condi scourge with dhuumfire. U just let your sand thingies stack burns while u kite the champs and whatnot.

Best new solo elite spec

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

Regular open world is all about dealing with lots of weak mobs. The more AoE you have, the better. So yeah, Scourge.

Best new solo elite spec

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

From what i’ve seen so far it will probably be condi scourge with dhuumfire. U just let your sand thingies stack burns while u kite the champs and whatnot.

Nah, scourge is not as powerful in PvE as in PvP.

Best new solo elite spec

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

Who do you think is going to be the best new solo elite champ for open world farming, events and champions.

S-P/P Deadeye
Critical Strikes 3/2/1 – Trickery 3/2/1 – Deadeye 2/3/2

Minor build adjustement required to solo champions

Best new solo elite spec

Posted by: Plautze.6290

Plautze.6290

Out of the lot, Deadeye makes me itch the most to test in OW PvE… but during the elite spec beta, I was hugely disappointed by the “special” firing sounds. But we will see. Never underestimate the next “balance” patch.

Rohan Blackraven | Allister Mortis | Mindblower Torxx

Best new solo elite spec

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

S-P/P Deadeye

Minor build adjustement required to solo champions

Repost for Build Editior update:

Best new solo elite spec

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I think the OP is highly underestimating soul beast. There were some very high DPS builds in evidence over the demo weekend. So I would imagine they’ll have to be nerfed.

High dps doesn’t mean much against open-world champion/legendary though, especially when you solo or do it with less than 4 people with an unorganized set-up

You can use a raid build and instantly get killed by Champion in open world, so they’re completely different situation.

Notable strong legendary monsters with very few people doing them including all the Bloodstone Beasts.

Best new solo elite spec

Posted by: Aldath.1275

Aldath.1275

To be honest, most of the elites felt lacking for open world ontent, at least in terms of their new weapons.

Scourge, regardless of what people says, doesn’t feels good for Open World. It is about taking down mobs and fighting Veterans and Champions alone whereas Scrourge is mostly condi and support; sand shades take long to burn down stuff when compared to what you can do with a Power Reaper (since power stil tops off condi for open world solo content) and you’re sacrificing survivability anyways without reaper shroud.

Most new elites seem condition/support oriented, which makes them unfitting for open world.