Best of the FREE PvE Servers

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sini.6510

Sini.6510

My guild’s currently on Crystal Desert, but we’re not really thrilled with the level of PvE activity, and over the last year the community’s taken a turn for the worse. Ideally we’d like to find a popular server for PvE, with the WvW scene being more of an afterthought.

From what I’m seeing, Henge of Denravi, Crystal Desert, Northern Shiverpeaks, Devona’s Rest, Eredon Terrace, Ehmry Bay, Anvil Rock, Kaineng will all be free transfers for a week or so. Does anyone have opinions on any of these servers? We’re looking for servers that will at LEAST hold their own for big events (ie. Marionette), and at other times do all the regular stuff (world boss train, champ zergs, etc.).

Thoughts?

Posted by: Sophie Lone.8576

Sophie Lone.8576

From those servers I would have to say Northern Shiverpeaks. I do not necessarily like this for I am a WvW player but our biggest guild on the server (ZoS) is almost completely focused on PvE. All of maybe a few of the guilds on NSP do only PvE content AS A GUILD. I do see a lot of the PvE guild members following other commanders who are in WvW guilds. If you do join NSP for PvE then I would recommend trying to join one of these PvE/PvX guilds… ZoS, Moo, MeSi, or AoT.

Sini.6510

We’re considering server hopping as a guild, more or less. We’re a cross-server guild, but our base is currently on CD.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Before a guild switches servers, they should know or remember that their guild bank will not follow them to the new server. All influence and upgrades remain tied to the old server and if all members move without cleaning out the vaults then all gold and items will remain behind and be inaccessible.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

NSP has daily temple zergs starting 5:00pm pacific time (including Arah and Karka Queen)

Sini.6510

Very true. About 15 months ago we moved from Maguuma to CD, and spent quite a bit of time, effort, and gold rebuilding. We know what we’re in store for, heheh.

Posted by: Sophie Lone.8576

Sophie Lone.8576

We’re considering server hopping as a guild, more or less. We’re a cross-server guild, but our base is currently on CD.

What server are you guys moving too?

Sini.6510

What server are you guys moving too?

That’s the purpose of this thread – we’d like to hear what people think of the “free” options we all have from the 18th to 27th.

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Come to Kaineng!! We’re gonna return to our former glory!! Very nice and helpful community here.

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Cd is a strong boss run it’s right at server reset. I have been on CD since beta (love my server) I have never needed to guest to finish any meta events, and it’s got some of the most helpful people. They even helped me finish world map on WvW (the mesmers Port’ed me to vistas)!!!

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

I’m from Ehmry bay but i always guest on northern shiverpeaks for the temple runs and world bosses, in ehmry bay i couldn’t get balthazar temple done for example, but its been a long time since i tried it on my home server.

Now for WvW i have no idea if my server is strong or not.

Posted by: Bhaalspawn.6915

Bhaalspawn.6915

Cd is a strong boss run it’s right at server reset. I have been on CD since beta (love my server) I have never needed to guest to finish any meta events, and it’s got some of the most helpful people. They even helped me finish world map on WvW (the mesmers Port’ed me to vistas)!!!

Although I like CD as well, it’s not really strong for boss run. I don’t remember ever completing the Marionette fight, The great jungle Wurm or Tequatl (since revamp). Also outside of peak time, the temples are neglected.

Sini.6510

I’ve actually had to guest elsewhere quite a bit in the last couple months for the Meta content. CD is OK during the really peak hours, but otherwise events have been disppointing. I’ve been guesting on TC a lot, often winding up in overflow. OF usually does better than CD, tbh.

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Like I said, I have not had an issue. Never had to guest. I only guest to play with some friends on other servers. Maybe I play at peek hours, not sure.

Also its my way of thinking that changing all the time won’t fix the issue. People need to work on things. As a guild leader on CD I am always reminding my guys when Boss run starts, when temples are being worked on. A server won’t stay good, positive or anything like that if people keep jumping ship. So yeah…. back to leveling my warrior.

Sini.6510

Also its my way of thinking that changing all the time won’t fix the issue. People need to work on things.

I get what you’re saying, as this was what I would tell people who left our guild back in GW1. We’re not doing everything you want when you want it? Get a little more involved.

Our search for a new home is not a knee-jerk reaction. We’ve been watching our server deteriorate over a span of 15 months, and that’s not even taking into account WvW. These days I see a select few regular commanders running PvE trains and Meta events, and then half of those are KoME people. As much as I don’t care for their drama, CD will take a big hit when KoME leaves tomorrow.

We’re tired of needing to guest elsewhere to get stuff done. It’d be nice to have a more active server (successfully) doing the common temples/zergs/metas regularly.

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

I have been reading lots of people moving, from here to there. Yet where are they all going? I mean, if you leave CD and so does KoME what if half your guild can’t get into the new server? That would freak me out. YAY Half on TC and the other half is now on NSP? Lots of guild coming and going…

Posted by: Lunchbox.6970

Lunchbox.6970

My home is on Ehmry Bay and PvE is my main focus and the level of participation on E Bay is awful. I always guest to Blackgate for world bosses and Living Story events because those are always full. Don’t come to Ehmry Bay if you want PvE.

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

I’m a CD main.

I goto BG for events.

Charak.9761

CD died when wvw season 1 became a thing.

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

I’m from Anvil Rock and I want to warn you that when it comes to PvE you will not be satisfied there. That is the main reason I transferred to TC. I had joined Anvil Rock when I first got the game because I am a PvPer at heart but I also enjoy PvE and the world was dead to me especially large events like Marionette. The server tried for 2 days and then called it quits and that was only the WvW community trying as I’m sure the PvE’ers had long since decided that guesting was the best solution.

Posted by: Maerassarth.4710

Maerassarth.4710

Eh, I don’t think CD is too bad, we’ve downed Tequatl heaps in overflow and main, plus we do Temple runs fairly often (on weekends at least). Though I admit, we’re not the best when it comes to LS events, what with all the pugs kitten ing around,etc.

Charak.9761

prob because people who care guest out of CD

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

I’m thinking about transfering from Ehmry Bay to Northern Shiverpeaks since it will be free this week, NS seens to have a much more active pve community, but i have a personal bank guild and i dont want to spend gold to upgrade it again in a new server :/

Meh, i will just stay at Ebay.

Charak.9761

EBay also lost their WvW guild too

Sini.6510

People from NSP make it sound pretty nice, but I can’t tell if it’s enough of an upgrade over CD to move a good portion of my guild. Any other last-minute opinions?

Posted by: Tryxtr.6295

Tryxtr.6295

I’m not sure you want to hear another post from another person on NSP, but I can confirm that the PvE community is strong on NSP.

I’m not in [ZoS] but joining that guild would be a good idea if you like primarily PvE content. Their leaders/commanders run most of our PvE server events such as the Temple Zerg that runs through all of the temples in Orr every night , the Tequatl fight, regular map completion zergs, and the current Living Story.

NSP has a high number of people that do dungeons/Fractals/etc as well.

Maybe we’ll see you around

I would suggest guesting to the various free servers though, just to check out their PvE presence. Maybe you and your guildies can all guest to different places and compare notes

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I’m on CD too and we gonna about 10 ppl that will transfer to CD from NSP. The PvE is about the same for HoD, CD and NSP. And for WvW, NSP is a bit behing compare to HoD and CD.

If you really want to change server, HoD will be your bet best, but you will probably disappointed since you see much of an improvement and you will lose a lot in your guild during the transfer. Only transferring to TOP 6 NA server will make a difference in PvE to be honest, as they have a good amount of ppl.

Also keep in mind that population is really volatile. Check Emry Bay and Sanctum of Rall for exemple. They had a lot of transfer during the last months and they continue to fall in the ranking, losing WvW and PvE population at the same time.

Transfering just for the sake of transferring is not the best idea. Especially if you gonna go up by 1 rank only.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Sini.6510

Transfering just for the sake of transferring is not the best idea. Especially if you gonna go up by 1 rank only.

Actually, from CD to NSP we would lose a rank.. but that doesn’t matter to us at all. We’re just really tired of having to guest elsewhere for kitten near everything.

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

Kaineng is pveish but its not like super cool pve. We mostly got pve guilds and not much wvw. But our pve isnt all that either unless prime time.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Come to Devona’s Rest. We have the nicest players, for the greater good!

… greater good…

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Those servers are awful, all of them. That’s why they cost nothing atm (I’m on Kaineng).

What you and everyone else who want to improve their situation is try to organize people from those servers and transfer to the same server based on your gameplay.

Example:

People looking for PvE content like Teq or LS events can move to HoD
People and Guilds looking for WvW can move to CD

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Sini.6510

People looking for PvE content like Teq or LS events can move to HoD
People and Guilds looking for WvW can move to CD

So… you’re saying the PvE scene on HoD is good? Because WvW on CD… isn’t so much.