Best place to currently farm ecto...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tic Tac Toe.1482

Tic Tac Toe.1482

…that I’ve found is the AB meta in a multi-map squad. I’m going for a legendary which needs lots of ecto, and world bosses and other methods of getting rares -> ecto seem slower, assuming I can login during an AB meta-event.

And RNG/gambling does NOT count.

What’s the best place y’all have found?

Posted by: Silas Eorth.7348

Silas Eorth.7348

In response to OP: You’ve probably got a better system that I do. I’m fond of doing event trains in VB as well as doing the AB and TD metas. When that gets old, I head out to Silverwastes and do the event and chest trains. Maybe these methods aren’t the most enjoyable, but they do give me a decent daily supply of ectos.

(edited by Silas Eorth.7348)

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Don’t think anything beats a multi loot AB farm. The amount of rares you can pull with enough keys is higher than running back to back SW events with 100% success rate.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Auric will net you dozens of rares. By far my best place when I need to restock ectos quickly

Posted by: Cirian.8917

Cirian.8917

Yeah, it’s Auric Basin.

A decent multi-map loot squad makes all the difference, just remember good etiquette and move your tile to the correct sub squad each time you swap maps.

If you park a few alts at the way into the treasury and have your keys in an account-wide inventory slot then you have another option should you run out of maps. Just log the next toon in and keep running until you run out of time.