Best places for gliding

Best places for gliding

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

What are some good runs for gliders?

I did the Asura home world which was fun and all, did Lorners Pass too, made a few circuits around those mountains….

Any other good spots to get a decent glide started? Or some cool “tracks”?

Attachments:

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Best places for gliding

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

Verdant Brink is probably the best for gliding with it’s complex up drafts and Legendary Wyvern Patriarch requiring gliding for attacks. I do like gliding on Shiverpeak maps. I just wish there was updrafts on Lornar’s Pass.

Best places for gliding

Posted by: BattleRattle.5420

BattleRattle.5420

Try gliding from the vista in Ebonhawke, that should give you a good view of the city. Not a long glide in distance, but it looks good.
And as Tekoneiric said, it would be awesome if some places in central Tyria had updrafts too. Not for any achievement or loot, just for those of us who like to goof around with gliders.

Best places for gliding

Posted by: Rhaegar.1203

Rhaegar.1203

Heck yeah, updrafts and leylines for gliding all over central Tyria. That’d be great.

Best places for gliding

Posted by: tuck.2719

tuck.2719

Ebonhawke also has a jump pad near the north entrance that gets you some good height and distance.

Mount Maelstrom you can climb to the top of. Orr has a few good spots to glide from.

You can also mess around with void jumps to get on top of some of the mountains.

(edited by tuck.2719)

Best places for gliding

Posted by: Gandolfi.1507

Gandolfi.1507

It would be great if someone at Anet could add in some updrafts on the core Tyrian maps – perhaps as a side project, a bit like the development of the action camera…

Godrik Gandolfi – human warrior; Lucius Foestabber – charr reaper
The Path Least Travelled, Gunnar’s Hold

Best places for gliding

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

+1 for updrafts and leylines in core tyria! They have to add updrafts above the Smelter in BC!

One glide I’m looking forward to (don’t have Advanced Gliding yet) is top of LA lighthouse!

Best places for gliding

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

I had fun slowly spiraling into Mount Maelstrom. Would look for places along the walls to land on that you couldn’t normally get to.

Also had fun gliding from the very top of hidden garden.

And btw, I agree, we need some updrafts, just for the fun of it. I’ve been advocating also giving us updrafts to get to the Wizard’s Tower, and make that a dungeon of some sort, but I sadly feel confident that will either never happen, or not happen for a very long time.

Best places for gliding

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

I would also like to see some pvp and wvw maps where gliding could be a part of the experience too.

Best places for gliding

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I would also like to see some pvp and wvw maps where gliding could be a part of the experience too.

The first time I went to deploy a glider in WVW after casually jumping off someplace high it took me a second to figure out what was wrong. Followed by feeling very stupid when I died.