Best profession for each armor type?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Khyber.2693

Khyber.2693

In your opinion what are they?

For me it is:

Heavy: Guardian – For the great damage while never dying or never letting other people die.

Medium: Thief – Mobile, best damage of the mediums and has a lot of utility skills.

Light: Mesmer – For obvious reasons.

What are they in your opinion?

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Sorry but I kind of think this thread is ridiculous.
You’re operating under the assumption that three professions are better than all the rest, which simply isn’t true.

There is nothing that inherently makes a Mesmer better than an elementalist, it all comes down to their build and play style and what they’re going up against.

Posted by: Galphar.3901

Galphar.3901

I won’t say these are the “best” for each armor class but they’re my “preferred”.

Guardian
Ranger
Mesmer

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

I don’t think we should rank them per armor type as it isn’t like armor tiers affect too much them. For example if you count the “free atribute points” you see that apart from aesthetics, the free Tougness increase from armor is garbage when compared to the free Vitality increase (at least armors offer a visual explanation, vitality tiers make no sense as you have access to all body types in all professions) a Warrior or a Necromancer get (to the point that when not factoring skill use, the Guardian is the 3rd squishiest profession in the game, only after Elementalist and Thief).

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

This isn’t even a debate.

Guardian, Thief and Mesmer.

The only “debate” is the situations where Warrior > Guardian, and that is where no reflects are “needed”.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: Khyber.2693

Khyber.2693

Sorry but I kind of think this thread is ridiculous.
You’re operating under the assumption that three professions are better than all the rest, which simply isn’t true.

There is nothing that inherently makes a Mesmer better than an elementalist, it all comes down to their build and play style and what they’re going up against.

This is asking people’s personal preferences. Not which is really better.

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

heavy:: meh. After looking up guardian and warrior roaming theyre just not really my thing. I prefer mobility and avoidance

medium: engineer. Ive done spvp wih this one, and it just feels so fast paced, always swapping kits and inprovising, the enemy just never knows what you will do next! But thats probably because i sometimes dont know what im doing next either. There are so many different things to do as engineer so i guess it doesnt matter!

light: mesmer! Ive been a mesmer ever since, and i simply love everything about it.
The description, concept art, skills, graphics, mobility, actie defense>defensive attributes, avoidance, burst damage, lots of viable builds, butterflies, disorienting/overwhelming enemy players and even groups of players… And more!
After spending so much time mesmering i just cant immagine another profession being as much fun.
Evey time i try another out i always come back!

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

Posted by: NoodllZ.8376

NoodllZ.8376

I don’t understand this thread, the best profession for the armor? Couldn’t you just join one of those picture posting threads and make every class look cool in their armor? Can’t really say which class is better than another because it’s all situational.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Guardian, Thief, Mesmer

Didn’t even read the OP

EDIT: Yep

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Guardian
Engineer
Mesmer

Easy

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

Best profession under what circumstance? SPvP? Roaming WvW? PvE Dungeons? Point defense WvW? RPing? Leveling quickly? Joining a huge heap of people /dancing by the statue between the bank and the trading post in Divinity’s Reach? Farming? Grinding Map Completion? Stepping away from keyboard in frequent event areas without coming back to a naked corpse? Top level Fractals?

So many variables can be applied to the question that no data gathered has any actual value.

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

Guardian
Engineer
Mesmer

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

Probably depends on if you are PvE, WvW or sPvP among many other factors. That said, as a PvE player:

Warrior
Ranger
Mesmer

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

PvE:

Warrior
Ranger
Mesmer

PvP:

Guardian
Thief
Mesmer

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Posted by: ShinraGuardian.8053

ShinraGuardian.8053

Party wide quickness buff vs. not even a self quickness skill begs to differ.

Dragonbrand
Elementalist
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Party wide quickness buff vs. not even a self quickness skill begs to differ.

Bingo. Quickness wins battles.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.