Best profession to global people?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rod.3087

Rod.3087

Hi I’m kinda new.

Between thief, ele, guardian, which can global one target in the least amount of time and which one is best for 1v2 in your opinion??

My preferred field is pvp.

thanks

Posted by: Sparks The Rescue.5043

Sparks The Rescue.5043

I would have to say Guardian best fits the roles of what you’re wanting to accomplish while at the same time giving you a somewhat forgiving introduction to the game (especially to the PvE side to things). There are primarily two builds that dominate Guardian PvP at the moment and they are considered to be Bunker and/or the DPS variant. Though, elementalist is widely accepted to sit at top for both pve and pvp (esp after the last balance patch (nerfs inc)), it can be seen as a more complex class than the others you’ve listed and it certainly requires an understanding of core game mechanics.

Thief is really the only class you’ve listed that I would not recommend for what you’re trying to play. It is a very high reward vs risk game play. Thief is a major +1 class and it’s very squishy.

To be completely honest, and while I know it’s not listed in the classes that you want to play, but if you’re looking for something very forgiving that gives you a great introduction to PvP, I’d try giving a warrior a shot. The current state of their Shoutbow build is very similar to elementalists but require a lot less active play and due to it’s use of a celestial amulet it is very tanky and can output a lot of damage through conditions and sustainability while at the same time offerering great offensive and defensive team fighting capabilities.

(edited by Sparks The Rescue.5043)

Posted by: Rod.3087

Rod.3087

@Sparks thanks very much for your reply i found it to be very helpful

one last thing i probably should’ve mentioned is that i like speedy roles, such as those that can get from point A to point B the fastest. Professions that are slow might annoy me, and i’m not sure, some have told me that guardian/warrior can be fast but idk i would think a plate wearer would be rather slow.

thanks again for your insight

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Run speed is the same for all professions. Some are faster by using traits or utility (warrior can), if not then by putting a swiftness boon on themselves.

Guardian does not shine in the speed department, unfortunately. There’s options, but few, and it boils down to swiftness.

I love guardian, but I don’t PVP so I can’t help you there.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

You’re looking for Thief or Mesmer. Both can 100-0 some one in under 3 seconds, and both have very high mobility. Thief is a much higher skill cap atm, but both are god mode when you understand the mechanics of the class, and the classes you will be fighting. Being able to identify the build of your enemy based solely on weapon sets, buffs, and passive trait procs, is extremely important as it dictates how you engage.

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Your first bet is guardian. (Easy, tank, powerful)

Your second, is elementalist. (Powerful, self-supportive, but hard)

Thief is the last. He is a pretty powerful glass canon, that can both hit pretty hard, and self sustain trough stealth. But, he is not that good into pvp/wxw large mobs’s fights. Far too squish.

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

Every single top team plays with a thief in their roster.