Best pve explorer for solo champ/HP?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Opopanax.1803

Opopanax.1803

What would you say is the best profession and build for exploring pve and soloing champions and HP (thinking HoT). I’m leaning to condi mesmer or maybe ranger with its pet?

What profession, build, and gearing would you recommend?

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I have run a shortbow + axe/torch ranger condi build using a blend of dire and rabid gear fairly successfully.

Posted by: SunTzu.4513

SunTzu.4513

Necro Minioncondimaster complete faceroll and unkillable by anything.

Posted by: AzureWolf.9150

AzureWolf.9150

I enjoy all the classes, but my Ranger (LB/Axe+Torch) and my Necro Minionmaster (Staff/Daggerx2) tend to survive the best on their own for world completion.

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

I do it with my mesmer. I just have typical zerk with scholar rune gears. I change weapons and skills/traits depending of the boss.

Posted by: Opopanax.1803

Opopanax.1803

Bump for more input!

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

Minion Master for me too.

Posted by: Shadea.6251

Shadea.6251

I’m running Power Reaper and having a lot of fun with it. =)

With full Zerker armor and Strength runes my damage output is very good and survivability is great mostly due to the Death Shroud ofc. Death Magic traits (paired with Condi+Minions) would definitely be tankier. I’m running Spite/Blood Magic/Reaper and with BM I have some rudimentary group support with Transfusion which is cool for world event or HPs.

DPS Dragonhunter is also a lot of fun in open world PvE with survivability traided in for superior damage, group support and speed (due to blinks/leaps). DH has tons of blocks but can be very unforgiving when the player lacks concentration. You can make mistakes with a Reaper and just switch to Death Shroud. If you don’t block or dodge some of the more dangerous attacks by HoT enemies, you will be in trouble with a DH.

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

i would’ve said “mobility matters for world completion with good quality of life” but, now I guess we need to see if: mounts are usable in HoT or basegame, and if so, how easy is it to get dismounted?

For over world travel mobility, from best to worst, classes generally stack up as:
highly mobile:
warrior (sw/wh/gs/utils)
ranger (gs/staff/wh/sw[if you got skillz])
thief (sb/utils)
ele (dagger main /air attune/ utils)

sorta mobile:
engi (swift kits and rocket boots)
mesmer (staff / utils / centaur runes)
not mobile:
everyone else

for completing champions, any of them could do it, but I would say in order of ease, its:
ranger (pet, best heals, med armor and hp, strong range)
ele (has the biggest kit to work with and solid sustain in all of them)
warrior (high hp, armor, sustain, dmg, oh kitten buttons, but mostly melee)
mes (med hp, low armor, avg heals, but can mix mobility with strong passive damage).
thief (with the right gear, not beserker, you could make a high sustain, highly mobile passive damage troll, either with lotus blossoms or pistol, that basically kites and dots).

if it ends up that you can ride mounts everywhere without being dismounted at the inkling of combat, then Revenant (good damage, heals, armor, sustain) and Guardian (same thing) become OK choices (good enough to win but unlikely to succeed at disengaging a bad fight).

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

Posted by: MikeyGrey.2496

MikeyGrey.2496

I would recommend Cavalier reaper. Necro already boasts high health pool and thanks to some smart trait choices, u can have high crit chance with high defense. Literally face tank mobs and there’s always minions when u feel lazy

Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind

Posted by: sokeenoppa.5384

sokeenoppa.5384

Celestial elementalist (e-spec) everything melts and you cant die

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

Celestial elementalist (e-spec) everything melts and you cant die

Chances are one of the other classes can do it without the effort/expense of acquiring celestial gear. But I definitely agree that celestial ele is very strong for solo play. It’s difficult to die when your heals are so strong and you have the health and resilience to make mistakes and shrug off the hits even from champions. And the damage output, while nowhere near that of full glass is still more than sufficient to beat the timers on hero point challenges.

Posted by: Doombringer BG.3740

Doombringer BG.3740

I solo most of the “group” HPs with my Zerg Guardian with less than 12k hp. If you time all your dodges and aegis, it’s ezpz.