Best solo proffesion?

Best solo proffesion?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Erhnam.5732

Erhnam.5732

Q:

Hi all,

I bought GW2 on launch, but stopped playing after 3 months since all my friends left the game. I want to start again, but nowadays I dont have a lot of time to commit to group play, so I plan on playing solo most of the time.

What would be a good solo class? I used to play a Necromancer, so I’m not thinking on levelling that class again

Thanks!

EDIT: I forgot to say, I will NOT PvP

(edited by Erhnam.5732)

Best solo proffesion?

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

A:

Ranger: Bear + Bows for some brain-afk gameplay which is still surprisingly effective. Recommended if you want to read the newspaper, watch a movie etc. whilst playing.

Warrior: Relaxed gameplay, needs a bit more attention than aforementioned woodpecker. Good option, as you can play every gamemode with this class without being frowned upon (specifically aiming at dungeoneering…).

Thief: My favorite choice, as nothing kills as quick as the thief. Might wanna put the newspaper aside unless you have an uncanny affection for waypoints.

Best solo proffesion?

Posted by: Zyst.3514

Zyst.3514

Ranger. It’s so good of a solo profession, that most who lvl up to 80 dont even need to learn dodging.

Ranger main, no matter what nerf bat they hit us with!
SF guild on Jade Quarry.
Fav pet; Reef Drake

Best solo proffesion?

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Ranger, due to having options for extreme range and pet being your support. Even has abilities that evades attacks.

Warrior, if you spec for full berserker, very potent on solo play, possible in group events too if you use dodge effectively, due to high health, and mostly because mobs are not quite designed well,

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Best solo proffesion?

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

all classes can solo pve fine, .. ranger won’t teach you to play well, if you’re using your pet to tank and ranging.

(no body wants ranged rangers in dungeons, which I assume you’ll want to play.)

both ele & war, can solo dungeons quite easily. (well, compared to other classes :P..)

Best solo proffesion?

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

I’d say which ever profession you find most interesting. They’re all solo friendly really.

Best solo proffesion?

Erhnam.5732

Thanks guys!

I will have a look at class forums to help me decide, right now I’m deciding between Thief, Mesmer, Guardian, or Ele

(edited by Erhnam.5732)

Best solo proffesion?

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

Warrior.

Once I even left my warrior in a dungeon inside the tower of nightmares. When I returned half an hour later, four mobs were kicking me (one of them was a veteran) but my HP does not even fall below a quarter. Plus, the warrior has more opportunities to inflict damage and support, everyone always want him in the dungeons (which is actually not very… right) and it’s just simplyer. More interesting, due to the large number of opportunities and specs. All useful (really useful) traits of the ranger (which were not a lot, and they are inferior to many other classes) are scattered in complete chaos in different lines. As a result, the ranger can create only a 2-3 really good builds.
Shorter: ranger is still raw

(edited by MeGaZlo.9516)

Best solo proffesion?

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Mesmer isn’t a good solo class. Thief is meh at best since they lack selfbuffing, but they are easier than, say, an elementalist. Ele is the best damage dealer in the game and have decent/ great self buffing, but they are harder to play than everything else. Guardian are great, they lack selfbuffing as well but they have reflects and a lot of survivability tools.
Between those 4, i’d say guardian if you’re not comfortable with soloing yet, thief if you’re average, and ele if you really know the game well.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Best solo proffesion?

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Best solo classes are ele and warrior. Others tend to lack damage when solo. If you have ever tried to solo bosses on a ranger you would know it takes a kittening age in full berserkers.

Best solo proffesion?

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Best solo classes are ele and warrior. Others tend to lack damage when solo. If you have ever tried to solo bosses on a ranger you would know it takes a kittening age in full berserkers.

Depends, if you just invest a tiny bit less in player dps and changes a few traits to might stack on pet you get a really good proffession. Using shortbow and flanking also helps

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

Best solo proffesion?

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

Given that the OP is rather time-limited, I highly doubt that dungeon solo runs are amongst his goals. As you know, that stuff is mainly “reserved” for the hardcore crowd.
And ele is certainly not a class to solo unless you are willing to highly commit to it.
I do not recommend this for casual gameplay, but your mileage may vary, of course.

Best solo proffesion?

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

Are we talking PvE…PvP…WvW? You really can’t ask this sort of question without mentioned what form of gameplay you tend to prefer. One profession excels in one part while fails miserably in another. That being said, I’d think the one that can be spread thinly over all three and still get by is Warrior. Of course, this all depends solely on your play skill so really, asking this on the forums is a silly thing. Test the professions and figure it out for your self.

Best solo proffesion?

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Are we talking PvE…PvP…WvW?

He said no PvP .. also asked for solo class .. so i assume its mainly for open world PvE.

In that case i would say : Warrior, Guardian, Ranger or Necro.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Best solo proffesion?

Erhnam.5732

Thanks again guys for your feedback.

As I said, this is jut for open world PvE, events, etc. Necromancer is not an option since I already levelled one on launch, and I want to try a different class.

I’m mostly deciding now between Ele and Thief. Guess I will try both during a week or so. I dont like Ranger-type classes, and I’m not really fond of plate-wearers. I used to play Burglar and RK in Lotro and I guess Ele and Thief will be the most similar.

Cheers!

Best solo proffesion?

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Strictly open world leveling, definitely ranger & warrior. For reasons listed above.

Between the 2 you mentioned I’d lean toward thief if only for the less squishiness. Although, Ele can pump out some serious aoe damage, if you can stay alive. But I find thief to be more forgiving.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Best solo proffesion?

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Thanks guys!

I will have a look at class forums to help me decide, right now I’m deciding between Thief, Mesmer, Guardian, or Ele

Uuummm…. I have played all classes and can tell you that you have chosen all the classes that are hardest for solo play. Buuuuuuuuut have fun

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Best solo proffesion?

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Given that the OP is rather time-limited, I highly doubt that dungeon solo runs are amongst his goals. As you know, that stuff is mainly “reserved” for the hardcore crowd.
And ele is certainly not a class to solo unless you are willing to highly commit to it.
I do not recommend this for casual gameplay, but your mileage may vary, of course.

Recently going through my personal stories on all my characters, Ele was probably one of the best for it in my experience. Sure you go down fast once you start getting hit, but if you use something like scepter/Focus and do the might stacking rotation on a target or group of targets, by the time you’re done they’re dead. If they’re especially dangerous you can Obsidian flesh in the middle of the rotation and get through it without a problem.

Some of the larger bosses that take longer (don’t die in that initial burst) then staff becomes quite amazing, and with the water fields and blasts you can have decent defense considering you can full heal with it.

I did Warrior, Mesmer, Guard and Ele so far, and I’d have to say Ele was the fastest, Guard was probably the safest, Mesmer made me want to cry (phantasms are frustrating), and Warrior was /meh good but kinda boring.

Best solo proffesion?

Erhnam.5732

Thanks guys!

Uuummm…. I have played all classes and can tell you that you have chosen all the classes that are hardest for solo play. Buuuuuuuuut have fun

Yeah, after reading more and more, I have realized that… my curse, wanting an “simple” class and due to my own likes and dislikes, ending with the more complex xD

Best solo proffesion?

Posted by: ShadowPuppet.3746

ShadowPuppet.3746

If you want “complexity” a multi kit engineer ranks up there as one of the most “difficult” to play well. I put those two words in quotes to highlight that none of the classes are really either of those two things in a strict sense. If you like having tons of skills to use though kit engi is great since there is really no cooldown between switching kits, you can jump around between kits a lot and it makes for very active play style to be effective. Despite the assertions from some posters, all of the classes are pretty close to each other in terms of overall damage potential, but they all go about it in different ways and some like engi don’t have a press 4 “I win” button.

Best solo proffesion?

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

For Elementalist in open world i found something like that quite good for my taste :
http://de.gw2skills.net/editor/?vEMQJArYnMISBEW2AmMAdEIAIKQxkwDCYogRhOEFsA-zwxAYfAsFYCsIasFzioxqewUnER1+jioVDA-e

Knights armor and runes of speed makes you quite some more tanky what is for me
important when playing with Scepter since you need to tank the mobs so they don’t
run out of your firering / dragons tooth ^^

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.